Questions about Xenons in X4

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Questions about Xenons in X4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 19:45

Several questions about Xenons in X4:
- will they have new general design, X-Rebirth (insectoid) design or X3 (blocky design)?
- will we see missing types from X3 - like J, Q, LX?
- will we see some completely new classes of ships (I saw concept art for something that looks like Xenon bomber)?
- will Xenons have economy that player can affect (in order to reduce their attacks)?
- will we see some real Xenon invasions (X-Rebirth invasions were tiny, I only see once the force of 3 K, but it was in Maelstrom attacking the sole Argon station at OL gate)?
- will Xenons have Xenon specific weapons instead of copy of the same weapons from all other races?

P.S. I love the Xenon I from XR, it was really menacing foe, but sadly in never appeared outside of Maelstrom (except the Torride mission that was cool, but sadly one-time event).

I'd love to see Xenon I (or something even more powerful and evil) with some kind of special AI that would try to seek for weak spots in other races defences, do the deep raids and run away when threatened - something that would geve them evven more character that says - this is apex of Xenon eveolution and not some another random suicidial K.
At higher difficulties it could even specifically target player assets near Xenon space.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 20:04

That's if xenon's are in x4, maybe there completely gone in this one.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 20:15

Skeeter wrote:That's if xenon's are in x4, maybe there completely gone in this one.
Unless, you pay attention to the streams, where they pretty much showed up close a Xenon N (L by X3 standards).

It's most likely that ES is porting the Xenon design from Rebirth.

Grobiland
x4

Post by Grobiland » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 20:20

That was a Xenon station: https://www.egosoft.com/games/x4/screen ... en_018.png
I think they told us on X-Con, that Xenons will look like insects as in X:R.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 20:30

repatomonor wrote:It's most likely that ES is porting the Xenon design from Rebirth.
The capital vessels perhaps, but the fighters (M and N) were themselves ported from the L and M from X3. Not that I dislike them, but those models might need a new coat of paint. ^^
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 21:38

Grobiland wrote:That was a Xenon station: https://www.egosoft.com/games/x4/screen ... en_018.png
Funny! The texture effect of that station reminds me a bit of "the beast", from homeworld cataclysm.

If that's what they are going for, then it's very well done! You definitively won't feel safe when flying in it's vicinity...

... and I already feel an urge to build up a fleet and try to wipe them out. XD
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 22:33

Grobiland wrote:That was a Xenon station: https://www.egosoft.com/games/x4/screen ... en_018.png
Sigh. Watch the first german presentation. It has extended gameplay with the xenon N in it.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 00:25

Reading the Rebirth Encyclopedia of the Xenon.. They seem to be evolving into separate groups or "Branches" as they called it?

So maybe certain Xenon are pulling away from other Xenon, developing their own Hive.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 00:29

I remember now that yes they are in but I can't recall seeing a xenon ship but they did show a possible red station that they might use. I'd be miffed if they use any station parts that non xenon use tho as it will ruin them being their own race per say just like me personally would hate it if argon stations were like say teladi station modules. It makes exploring boring if there all using the same stuff.

Anyhow. Be nice to see if xenon have upgraded a bit more since past games.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 02:44

Skeeter wrote:I remember now that yes they are in but I can't recall seeing a xenon ship
https://i.imgur.com/BHsHYoL.png

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 16:51

repatomonor wrote:
Skeeter wrote:I remember now that yes they are in but I can't recall seeing a xenon ship
Wow, yup. That's the N from Rebirth, which was the M from X3. That ship model has made it a long way. :D
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 16:54

Tenlar Scarflame wrote:
repatomonor wrote:
Wow, yup. That's the N from Rebirth, which was the M from X3. That ship model has made it a long way. :D
And it even got its old 'M' designation back! :P

And to be fair, that design does fit the robotic narrative of the self-evolving terraformers. The bug design... Well. Not so much imo, but it could be worse.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 19:20

The P was in the streams aswell.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 19:34

Skeeter wrote:I remember now that yes they are in but I can't recall seeing a xenon ship but they did show a possible red station that they might use. I'd be miffed if they use any station parts that non xenon use tho as it will ruin them being their own race per say just like me personally would hate it if argon stations were like say teladi station modules. It makes exploring boring if there all using the same stuff.

Anyhow. Be nice to see if xenon have upgraded a bit more since past games.

I'd hope that the Xenon become fully self-sustaining.
They mine their own Resources, they harvest their own energy (Via those Xenon Energy Stations) and they build their ships at a Xenon Shipyard.

I'd like there to be Mobile Factories, like CPU ships that mine and make their own ships from what debris they find in space.

Be fun to hunt Xenon that never stay in one place for too long.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 21:07

^^ Hell yes

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 21:12

"Be fun to hunt Xenon that never stay in one place for too long."

.. and even more fun if the Xenon calculated the growth advantages of doing the same to the Player and their assets.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 21:38

I'm mpre interested in the return of the friendly terraformers of X3TC. The one of Aldrin, or one of the two of the A new Home plot.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 22:10

Pesanur wrote:I'm mpre interested in the return of the friendly terraformers of X3TC. The one of Aldrin, or one of the two of the A new Home plot.
I thought no more CPU ships remained lore-wise. (at least, not in physical form)

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 15:21

Alan Phipps wrote:"Be fun to hunt Xenon that never stay in one place for too long."

.. and even more fun if the Xenon calculated the growth advantages of doing the same to the Player and their assets.

Excellent Idea!

The Xenon tend to make sure that biological life doesn't grow out of control.
I feel that it's their purpose to cull the herd.
Your Empire grows so big it intensifies the number of Xenon Ship visits to keep you in check.

I've always seen the potential for Xenon to serve as that resource sink the game needs, you build destroyers to deal with threats and the Xenon constantly destroying stations and ships keeps that economy rolling.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 15:39

spankahontis wrote: The Xenon tend to make sure that biological life doesn't grow out of control.
I feel that it's their purpose to cull the herd.
Your Empire grows so big it intensifies the number of Xenon Ship visits to keep you in check.
Plot twist: Perhaps the birth of the Xenon was no accident... :o

Return to “X4: Foundations”