AI Commands

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DaMuncha
x4

AI Commands

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 07:03

In X3 there was an added AI command library, and a long list of added comands that you could give ships and drones in the command suite mods.

In XR the only commands you could give were Follow Me, Fly to sector, and attack sector.

What commands would you like to be able to give AI in X4?

Lets break it down into categories:

Combat:
Attack closest
Attack my target
Defend target
Follow target
Bomb target
Form wing
split wing
target shields
target engines
target cockpit
disable target
board target
remain at distance
dont attack target

Trade:
Return to station
Refuel
Restock
sell ware
sell for best price
Buy for best price
sell at closest station
Eject cargo

Exploration:
Lay satellite network
Remove satellite network
fly to position
dock at target
explore sector
scan sector
follow target
scan station

Salvage:
Salvage Vessel
repair ship
repair other ship
retrieve cargo
claim vessel
collect astronaut
collect ware
strip wares

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=223882
etc
Last edited by DaMuncha on Mon, 17. Sep 18, 22:59, edited 9 times in total.

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 07:17

Disable, Disarm target.

For boarding.

Oh, and board target. Because we'll need that one too.

For boarding.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 07:29

DavidGW wrote:Disable, Disarm target.

For boarding.

Oh, and board target. Because we'll need that one too.

For boarding.
+1

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 10:33

Avoid collision.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

[FFCW]Urizen
x4

Post by [FFCW]Urizen » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 12:03

Alan Phipps wrote:Avoid collision.
Savage af :lol:
Insanity is just another form of brilliance!

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 13:21

Open airlock and jettison all grandma npcs.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 13:40

Open airlock and boot out all ageist and sexist players.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 16:45

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:Open airlock and boot out all ageist and sexist players.
+1. Grandmas can be in space if they wanna be in space.

On topic, X3 had a Manual Trade Run command that I liked to use in the early game - go to station, buy stuff, go to another station, sell stuff. Set to repeat if desired. ^^

Part of the issue with X3 eventually was that there were a LOT of commands, in a bunch of nested menus. Rather than cutting out options like was done in XR, I think it would be a good idea to have a kind of hotbar for ship commands - so the really common stuff can be accessed relatively quickly (XR style), but less-used but still necessary stuff is still available (X3 style.) We'll see what kind of shape the UI for this eventually takes.
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Mavo Pi
x4

Post by Mavo Pi » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 17:57

Hector0x wrote:Open airlock and jettison all grandma npcs.
I guess the life expectancy for female argons in the x universe is a few hundred years by now, so it is no wonder there are so many grannys :roll:

The commands I missed most in X Rebirth would be to patrol multiple zones in a specified order and a rebuy fighters command for wing leaders.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 18:01

Follow/Stalk (Very Long Range/Outside Weapons Range)
Long Range Attack (Missiles/Long Range Weapons)
Mid Range Attack (Missiles/Long/Mid Range Weapons)
Close Range Attack (All Weapons)

:lol:
Alan Phipps wrote:Avoid collision.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/fff05ba7289 ... o1_500.gif
Mavo Pi wrote:The commands I missed most in X Rebirth would be to patrol multiple zones in a specified order and a rebuy fighters command for wing leaders.
+1
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 23:03

Dont shoot my target, anything that makes boarding easier to be honest. Found a nice mod that kinda help with that, prevent ships from firing on boarding operation.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 13:58

19 minutes dispatch time for the first SJW to show up at the crime scene. That's impressive. But you do have played X Rebirth, no? You must have seen the horrors walking,...sorry standing around. Men, women, hermaphrodites or whatever they were.

AC_Black
x4

Post by AC_Black » Sun, 16. Sep 18, 00:59

jocan2003 wrote:Dont shoot my target, anything that makes boarding easier to be honest. Found a nice mod that kinda help with that, prevent ships from firing on boarding operation.
Used the Boarding mod in XR that stopped all other allied ships from attacking the marked target for boarding. Script is already done :wink:
Honor is the Only thing to Hold True.

Value comes from the Space you have and what you make of what Space you got.

H.I.E.R.
Honesty, Integrity, Equanimity and Respect.

Norway174
x4

Post by Norway174 » Sun, 16. Sep 18, 04:18

Would love to see more commands relating to carrier command.
And make outfitting fleet of ships easier.

I heard something about Loadouts being mentioned. So I think that's already being covered. :D

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Sun, 16. Sep 18, 05:16

Hector0x wrote:
19 minutes dispatch time for the first SJW to show up at the crime scene. That's impressive. But you do have played X Rebirth, no? You must have seen the horrors walking,...sorry standing around. Men, women, hermaphrodites or whatever they were.
I wasn't going to comment, but then I read this.

Re: to Zaphod;

Then who will be left to buy the game?

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sun, 16. Sep 18, 06:41

Orbit and Maintain Distance commands.

Really for ships like Balor that really shouldn't be colder than 15km.

Arvel
x4

Post by Arvel » Sun, 16. Sep 18, 17:00

I'd like to see the ability to set up automated logistics for ammunition, etc. i.e. small fast trade ships automatically ferrying ammunition from your factories to your warships whenever they get below a certain threshold. I never could have used fleets of gauss-cannon armed Shrikes in X3 without the ability to automate their resupply.

I don't think I've seen anything with setting up Patrol routes yet either. Ships don't have jump drives, so actively patrolling regions you operate in for Xenon, pirates, etc. seems like it should be more important than in the past.

Disarming/disabling enemies would also be nice commands to have. Both for boarding, and because having your small ships strip surface elements off capital ships is often more helpful than plinking away at their hulls for negligible damage.

hargn
x4

Post by hargn » Mon, 17. Sep 18, 13:55

Instead of speaking about which commands will be provided, I'd prefer to tell how I want to give commands to my ships.

We can see that by using the map :

Ship Selection : select one ship by left-clicking on it on the map or in the list, select many ships by drawing a square in the map, add/remove one or many ships of the selection by using one of the previous selection method in combination with the Ctrl key.

Target Selection : by right-clicking on it. A contextual menu will open to select the order to apply on the selected target by our selected ships. Maybe we may be able to select may target by drawing a square on the map with the right button of the mouse, or selecting many targets with the right-click in combination with the Ctrl key. The order then apply to many targets (eg. Attack a group of ships).

Command Queue : That is a mandatory for me : while creating an order while maintaining pressed the Shift key, then the order is added to the ship (or selected ships) command queue.
It's the most usefull order feature that's missing in the X-series and that all real time games now implement.
I want to be able to tell my bombers to first launch their missiles, then attacks the remaining fighter, then return home. Or for a supply shuttle, to first supply my M7M, then my bombers, then my career, and at last return home. Then I give my order once during a battle and I do not need to worry about it : I can focus on the battle.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Mon, 17. Sep 18, 17:31

hargn wrote:Command Queue : That is a mandatory for me : while creating an order while maintaining pressed the Shift key, then the order is added to the ship (or selected ships) command queue.
It's the most usefull order feature that's missing in the X-series and that all real time games now implement.
I want to be able to tell my bombers to first launch their missiles, then attacks the remaining fighter, then return home. Or for a supply shuttle, to first supply my M7M, then my bombers, then my career, and at last return home. Then I give my order once during a battle and I do not need to worry about it : I can focus on the battle.
I like that. Takes a note from things like Supreme Commander and Planetary Annihilation.

I'd LOVE to see how the command interface for that would shake out, as well - a nice scrollable readout of each command, a link to the target of each command, maybe a % status of the current command... a little cancel button for each command, maybe even the ability to "insert" a command somewhere in the chain... loops... conditionals... you could go way down the rabbit hole with this idea if you really wanted to. :D
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Return to “X4: Foundations”