Sector Trader won't work

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RainerPrem
x4

Sector Trader won't work

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 05:24

Hi,

I trained an ST until Level 6 and then reseated him into a new and faster ship. Now he doesn't work.

It shows the message "Looking for trades..." without circling through wares. And then stops and says "on standby". Even after ten minutes. Even if there are verifiable good trades in the sectors I assigned him to.

Note: I translated the messages from German, I'm not sure of the correct English wording.

cu
Rainer

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 08:15

He has some free cargo space, right?

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 08:37

pjknibbs wrote:He has some free cargo space, right?
Hi,

It's empty apart from a 25MJ shield and 400 eCells.

Cargo space is also maxed out, Jump drive installed.

cu
Rainer

EDIT: PURE VANILLA
EDIT2: It's a Baldric TS ...

ConorC
x4

Post by ConorC » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 10:43

I suggest selling the ecells and trying to start him again. I'm not sure about sector traders but sometimes with CLS and CAG if they have cargo when you give them their initial command they ignore the cargo they already have and just trade with the free space in their cargo bay.

It could be just a simple case of he can't find any good trades at this time. What sector do you have him in?

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 10:49

ConorC wrote:I suggest selling the ecells and trying to start him again. I'm not sure about sector traders but sometimes with CLS and CAG if they have cargo when you give them their initial command they ignore the cargo they already have and just trade with the free space in their cargo bay.

It could be just a simple case of he can't find any good trades at this time. What sector do you have him in?
Hi,

Baldric has 4.500 cargo units; only 425 are filled at the moment. I can try with removing the e-cells.

I restarted the trade several times with different sectors (mostly some with 3 or 4 adjacent sectors) Last try was Barren Shores where the ore mines are filled and the weapons factories need ore.

cu
Rainer

ConorC
x4

Post by ConorC » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 12:27

yeah weird, that should work. If those weapons fabs need ecells , priests refuge is just one jump away and there's loads of SPPs there.

I'm sorry I don't know what to do other than moving him to another sector and trying again. If you do move him, Empire's Edge, a few sectors to the north is great place to train a sector/universe trader up.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 13:12

ConorC wrote:yeah weird, that should work. If those weapons fabs need ecells , priests refuge is just one jump away and there's loads of SPPs there.

I'm sorry I don't know what to do other than moving him to another sector and trying again. If you do move him, Empire's Edge, a few sectors to the north is a great place to train a sector/universe trader up.
Grin! E.E. is the sector I leveled him up, and his successor is now working. I think I'll wait some time...

cu
Rainer

ConorC
x4

Post by ConorC » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 13:31

I generally leave them in Empires Edge until they are about level 12 before switching them to universe traders.

Or Power Circle, or Ore Belt, also good sectors

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 13:38

ConorC wrote:I generally leave them in Empires Edge until they are about level 12 before switching them to universe traders.

Or Power Circle, or Ore Belt, also good sectors
Not, when I just started a new game as Terran commander... :-)

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”