EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Trump
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Masterbagger

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 03:49    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Observe wrote:

A big part of the social debate occurring in present times, involves deciding what is the acceptable threshold of emotional pain, one person can inflict upon another, in the name of personal liberty?

There is no freedom from having your feelings hurt. In all but the most sick and extraordinary of instances the cure for having your jimmies rustled is to just toughen up and deal with it. The last thing we need to do is give the perpetually offended more weapons to use to make our lives miserable accommodating them.

felter

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 04:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Skism wrote:
Hank001 wrote:
Guess Trump just can't stop lying about anything that disagrees with his proir lies. Wonder how he keeps his lies straight sometimes but spouting that the total deaths in the Puerto Rican hurricane are lies cooked up by the Democrats might be pushing things too far. (Unless he's figuring he'd better jump on this quick before his base starts believing the truth. Can't have that happening.)

Quote:
Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
.....This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/13/647377915/trump-denies-death-toll-in-puerto-rico-falsely-claims-done-by-the-democrats

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/09/13/politics/hurricane-maria-florence-puerto-rico/index.html

And here is my response

Fact Check: Trump is Right About Puerto Rico, Critics Manipulating Hurricane Maria Death ‘Estimates’

Again they are doing this in a cheap way to attack Trump but then thats the standard motto for leftists these days Wink Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Two highly regarded Universities against breitbart. I know who I believe, actually I believe only a simpleton idiot would believe the other, so what are you. Confused

Observe

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 04:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Masterbagger wrote:
There is no freedom from having your feelings hurt. In all but the most sick and extraordinary of instances the cure for having your jimmies rustled is to just toughen up and deal with it. The last thing we need to do is give the perpetually offended more weapons to use to make our lives miserable accommodating them.

Name one person you know who is not perpetually offended. You certainly are clearly offended by many aspects of the liberal agenda as you see it. Just as your philosophy no doubt offends many of the more 'sensitive types'.

I think there does need to be some freedom from having your feelings hurt. We hear a lot about bullying in school these days. Some who have been the subject of bullying have had their 'jimmies rustled' to the point of suicide. Or, are such people just a bunch of pussies wasting air?

Masterbagger

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 07:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Observe wrote:
Masterbagger wrote:

Name one person you know who is not perpetually offended. You certainly are clearly offended by many aspects of the liberal agenda as you see it. Just as your philosophy no doubt offends many of the more 'sensitive types'.

I think there does need to be some freedom from having your feelings hurt. We hear a lot about bullying in school these days. Some who have been the subject of bullying have had their 'jimmies rustled' to the point of suicide. Or, are such people just a bunch of pussies wasting air?

I wish you could understand that being offended has very little influence over me. It's why I don't respond favorably to your appeals to emotion or feelings. Were you so eager to appear virtuous that you ignored the part where I mentioned sick and extraordinary circumstances? I am as aware as you are that unstable people have been urged to suicide by sociopathic individuals. That is not the normal experience with childhood bullies. You just seized on it to fling emotional turds at me and phrased it as a specific avenue of attack for a general statement I made. I don't respect that approach.

BugMeister

MEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 08:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

clakclak wrote:
RegisterMe wrote:
Even if you don't like the Young Turks[...]

Lets be honest. Is there anyone who does? Laughing

- yes, actually..
- there are thousands upon thousands..
- I suggest you take a closer look at their viewing figures..

Grim Lock

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 09:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Meanwhile,

Healthcare is still a joke, education is still a joke, the deficit is running up, where's that wall by the way?

Chips

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Masterbagger wrote:

Define how, with examples, you're personally obligated to accommodate "them" (as you term it), who "they" are, what's the issue, why it is making you miserable, and why it is unreasonable for you to be accommodating?

Essentially, qualify your statement - otherwise massive hyperbole to further your opinion, or you should just "toughen up and deal with it", snowflake Wink

In all seriousness, i don't understand why people take it to one extreme or the other. Rationalism seems non existent.

clakclak

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

BugMeister wrote:
clakclak wrote:
RegisterMe wrote:
Even if you don't like the Young Turks[...]

Lets be honest. Is there anyone who does? Laughing

- yes, actually..
- there are thousands upon thousands..
- I suggest you take a closer look at their viewing figures..

That was a joke.

But has trouble enough of its own.

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
zazie

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Chips wrote:
In all seriousness, i don't understand why people take it to one extreme or the other. Rationalism seems non existent.
Rationalism needs competences of thinking, well stocked amounts of verified informations and ability to verify own or third-party attitudes or opinions. That's demanding. And complicated. Hard.

Participating at discussions or shitstorms or campaigns and going to the extremes is based on emotions. Facts are disturbing, veryfying/falsifying needs longer texts than a tweet. Emotions make groups, will result in slaps on the back, provoke reactions [...].

I am positively sure that the fall of public political discourse has been strongly influenced (not to say: caused) by commercial media . I am stating it as a person having worked more than two decades for and having run commercial radio stations.
Almost all categories of journalism have been 'emotionalized'. Within the last 20 years it has become accepted in public discussions that articles or broadcasts are simply 'falsified' only by the name of the publishing company, labeling them als 'liberal' or 'nationalist' or racist or communist (...).
As a result, nowadays, one person can state that all opinions and analysis not conforming to his owns are 'fake' - and such a blatant "ignorantism" has large support. Because there is no more need to think by yourself.

Tycow

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Manafort is co-operating with Mueller

felter

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Tycow wrote:
Manafort is co-operating with Mueller

Same thing about Manafort from the BBC, so not behind a paywall.

Quote:
A statement from the White House on Friday said the plea deal had "nothing to do with the president or his victorious 2016 presidential campaign".

They have absolutely no way of knowing this, as Robert Mueller does not leak that kind of information.

Hank001

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Sarah Sanders sent tweet out though White House press office to get ahead of the story since DJT is busy today. Expect weekend tweet storm this weekend as per S.O.P.

In the meantime that "dirt" the Dems had on Kavenaugh that they forwarded to the FBI? It deals with what he did in HIGH SCHOOL!
(Huge eye roll Rolling Eyes )

Two points of view:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/a-sexual-misconduct-allegation-against-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-stirs-tension-among-democrats-in-congress

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/14/supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-categorically-denies-claim-about-alleged-behavior-in-high-school.amp.html#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Morkonan

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hank001 wrote:
...In the meantime that "dirt" the Dems had on Kavenaugh that they forwarded to the FBI? It deals with what he did in HIGH SCHOOL! ...

It's times like these that I am thankful I am not an elected official...

"So, Mr. Morkonan, can you explain....this!

"Where did you get that? I -"

"We found this in the archives of your Second Grade Teacher! And, what about this?"

"What? She didn't.. And, where did you get that? Look, I didn't even know girls were different, down there! It's not my fault! Uh... IT'S THE LIBERALS WHO DON'T WANT SEX EDUCATION IN SCHOOLS! Uh... wait a second.. OK, I AM CHANGING MY PARTY AFFILIATION! I will now be a-"

"It's too late for you, Mr. Morkonan. Only pain and unemployment remain for you, now. And, here's that one picture you thought you had destroyed all the copies of for our viewing audience..."

BugMeister

MEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

congrats - you have just trivialised a very serious matter..
an obviously partisan liar is exposed, and you find it amusing..
- well done..

- why do you do this?
- it helps no-one..

- From Randi Rhodes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roEVepy1nOc
- Kavanaugh is TOTALLY unsuitable to sit on the Supreme Court..

Observe

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Sep 18, 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

BugMeister wrote:
- Kavanaugh is TOTALLY unsuitable to sit on the Supreme Court..

Since I don't watch YouTube, I wonder if you could explain why Kavanaugh is unsuitable? From what I've read (admittedly not much), his peers both liberal and conservative, consider him a good choice for a conservative on the bench.

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500  Next