Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 13. Sep 18, 12:02

Sirrobert wrote:
alexalsp wrote:OK. I have to start a new game. Saving is no more. I'm stupid. ((

when I get to the problem, I will upload all the data. :headbang:
If you changed nothing about your install, just post the information now.
The bugs may be a signal for a bad install. Restarting won't fix that.
OK.

Only pure game AP 3.3 English version without mods and bonus pack.

Installation:

1) Mod LU 1.7.2 - from here - http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
a) Litcube's Universe V1.7.1
b) Litcube's Universe Patch V1.7.2
c) Litcube's Universe Export / Import Package V2.2.6
d) Litcube's Universe Soundtrack V1.2.1

The folder structure is preserved, as in the installation instructions.

Additional mods were not installed.

Just in case DXLog

The save file will be provided later, when I meet the battle between the M2-6-7 ships.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Thu, 13. Sep 18, 21:11

alexalsp wrote:The save file will be provided later, when I meet the battle between the M2-6-7 ships.
I took a look at one of kecin25's freezes earlier, which involved a bit of code that runs on M1/M2/M7/TL ships which start combat in a sector without player owned ships/stations and without the player being in a neighboring sector, followed by the player entering their sector. So if you are having the same problem, jumping into high combat sectors (where you didn't have any visibility before) might tease out a freeze.

As for the bit of code itself, it was an unbounded 'while' loop with a variety of exit conditions, but no handling if "move to position" returned "invalid params", and one of the parameters came from an LU specific script command. My only guess was that it could break if the LU cat/dat files were being overridden by something higher numbered with its own x3story.obj (which holds the custom script commands). That could happen if the cat/dat file for a game patch were placed at a higher index than the LU files, though I don't know how that could happen.
Last edited by SirNukes on Thu, 13. Sep 18, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 13. Sep 18, 21:23

Could be the Phased Array Laser Cannon bug. But it tends to crash the game.

@alexalsp: is it a freeze or a real crash with a window dialog box on the background saying that the program couldn't not respond anymore?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 13. Sep 18, 22:55

Joubarbe wrote:Could be the Phased Array Laser Cannon bug. But it tends to crash the game.

@alexalsp: is it a freeze or a real crash with a window dialog box on the background saying that the program couldn't not respond anymore?
I flew into the zone, on assignment, to kill the deserter on M ship, accompanied by 4 fighters.

I start to shoot at it, as soon as it turns around and starts to shoot at me the game freezes. Nothing else. There are no messages or error messages. The only thing that helps is Ctrl + Alt + Del.

I unfortunately did not have the save file. To get to this task, I need to raise the combat rank. But this takes time.

When I start this task, I'll give you a save file.
:cry:

I remembered the task.

Kerik Selek (culprit) - Earthly, Chikew M7, Sector Destiny of the Rollk.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 14. Sep 18, 23:12

Only clear game AP 3.3 English version without mods and bonus pack.

Installation:

1) Mod LU 1.7.2 - from here - http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

The folder structure is preserved, as in the installation instructions.

Additional mods were not installed.

Just in case DXLog

Save file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FW1mYM ... sp=sharing

Screenshots

https://imgur.com/a/ZU785U3

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 00:27

I couldn't reproduce the freeze on my LU 1.7.2 install when trying to match your setup (E/I package, soundtrack, no gui), with no bonus pack (stated to be incompatible with LU).

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 15:28

I said earlier that this problem exists among many people whom I spoke with on the Russian-language forum. Some players have a problem, other players do not have problems.

We tested one installation of the mod.

This is the installation sequence. No additional files were installed.

Everyone who tested had the problem of freezing the game.

So this is not an isolated case.

With other Mods, TOTT and other similar Mods, such a problem does not arise.

Therefore, I raised this topic to find or try to find a solution to this problem. If possible.

https://youtu.be/B8K7N_go6k8

Several, consecutive starts of the game.

At the end of the pirates killed M1 and there is no freezing game.

But in some cases, during a battle with ships M7-1-2-6, the freezing of the game is also present.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 16. Sep 18, 17:51

I found the cause of the freeze.
I am guilty and sorry.

I created a complete package 3 in 1 for myself and lost sight of one fact.

The installer, during installation, deletes the folders: soundtrack and scripts and replaces it with its own.

And after copying files into the game, there were * .pck files in the scripts folder, which caused the problem of freezing the game.

My apologies again. I hope that now I can enjoy the game.

:oops:

I downloaded all the save files that freezed the game, everything now works.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 17. Sep 18, 00:45

Good to hear it is figured out. X3 uses the pck (gzipped) scripts over the xml versions when available, and I am guessing some of the LU versions changed around input/output variables or expected functionality, leading to problems. If kecin25's problem was similar, this also means my earlier fight script observations are off base since I was looking at the LU version of that script instead of the vanilla one.

You will probably want to start a fresh game to be safe. Active scripts get stored in the save, so restarting (or export/import) will be needed to fully clean out the vanilla scripts.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 17. Sep 18, 03:13

Yes thank you.

I'll start a new game.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 24. Sep 18, 00:45

Out of curiosity, does anyone know a way I can tweak the level of hostility between races? i.e. to make the boron/split and argon/paranid conflicts happen a bit more often.

I haven't found any (compatible) mods for it yet and it seemed like potentially I just have to edit some small thing somewhere, since they already do fight each other.
***modified***

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Mon, 24. Sep 18, 06:43

LameFox wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone know a way I can tweak the level of hostility between races?
I too would be interested in this, LU is a bit peaceful for my taste.
Something like IR (preferably without the bugs) for LU would be the ducks nuts, but I'm only a dabbler in X3 scripting so it's a fair bit beyond my current abilities.
I'm not sure how many experienced modders are still around here though, or who will remain once X4 is released...

Consider this an upvote for increased conflict in the sweet sweet LU. :twisted:

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 24. Sep 18, 20:14

I can imagine that his would cause problems when defending or attacking against OCV ships. The mixed defending or attacking fleets should attack the OCV, not themselves.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Tue, 25. Sep 18, 11:31

BlackArchon wrote:I can imagine that his would cause problems when defending or attacking against OCV ships. The mixed defending or attacking fleets should attack the OCV, not themselves.
If it was something like what XRM has then probably, but I don't think the task forces that LU is using when empires fight each other need their races to be globally hostile to each other.
***modified***

enfo13
x3tc

Post by enfo13 » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 23:31

I heard a lot of good things about this MOD, enough for me to dust of X3 after many many years.

Is there an option or start that allows you play in peace to relearn the game as well as all the new automation script? Or will the impending doom factions like Phanon and OCV always be enabled?

mcal9909
x3tc

Post by mcal9909 » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 23:35

enfo13 wrote:I heard a lot of good things about this MOD, enough for me to dust of X3 after many many years.

Is there an option or start that allows you play in peace to relearn the game as well as all the new automation script? Or will the impending doom factions like Phanon and OCV always be enabled?
You can enable/disable the OCV and Phanon at any time using the option found the AL plugin configuration.

enfo13
x3tc

Post by enfo13 » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 23:37

Thanks for the information! I'll look for it.

Freenan
x4

Re:

Post by Freenan » Thu, 27. Sep 18, 17:32

mcal9909 wrote:
Wed, 26. Sep 18, 23:35
enfo13 wrote:I heard a lot of good things about this MOD, enough for me to dust of X3 after many many years.

You can enable/disable the OCV and Phanon at any time using the option found the AL plugin configuration.
did the same and its quite nice and peaceful

Ageofkill

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by Ageofkill » Fri, 28. Sep 18, 02:26

I currently have a problem with the SCH script it doesn't show all the Station to install even tho another SCH is already enabled of the same type example an SCH 020 for Terran Water is already running yet I can not set up another SCH for it. The bug isn't however related to it since other SCH that I already have yet can be installed. A Fresh install of the mod on a clean install of X3 didn't fix the problem.

dizzy
x4

Re:

Post by dizzy » Fri, 28. Sep 18, 19:48

LameFox wrote:
Mon, 24. Sep 18, 00:45
Out of curiosity, does anyone know a way I can tweak the level of hostility between races? i.e. to make the boron/split and argon/paranid conflicts happen a bit more often.
If you make them enemies it's going to be a bit awkward when the commonwealth invades OCV space and jump in their capitals and then they start shooting at each other.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”