[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gibbynator
x4

Post by Gibbynator » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 09:26

Got the wiki to a good point, this should help a lot of people get started: https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... w+Frontier

Let me know if I got anything wrong, or feel free to add it in yourself.

To do list on pages I'll make after I get some sleep:
  • Hyperdrives
    Ayosana/Remakron mechanics

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 11:27

Nice work starting the wiki :)

One of the wiki mods wondered if the change to the following page was intended.

Some Diplomacy info was deleted and a line was added ("Yep. All the ones on that page") that made us wonder if the page update was possibly meant to be a Comment reply instead?

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... Versions=1

Gibbynator
x4

Post by Gibbynator » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 19:41

Yeah, that was me. While I was working on it, I realized I was basically double-documenting content that was already well-written on CWIR's wiki. Since everything on the CWIR page is also in NF, I figured linking them together was better than retyping.

Maybe I could change that to something like "All the CWIR features on this page are also present in NF." I see where that could be confusing, probably I should rethink writing stuff at 2:00 AM :P

I also have now finished documenting everything I know of, so unless I made any more mistakes, I think we're good!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 16. Sep 18, 11:55

The 2 am rule works for us all :D

Glad everything's fine and the wiki is useful to the project!

Xakthos
x4

Post by Xakthos » Mon, 17. Sep 18, 02:52

So I'm confused about the station to build to auto subscribe to trade. In this thread it is referred to as a Tradestation. In the readme it is called Commercial Center. I just don't see either in the list of stations from any CV much less HOL ones. Searches through the files don't match that name anywhere either.

I see other stations like ship parts lot in the list, but not what will auto subscribe me to various stations automatically. I don't know what I'm missing honestly. I really could use something explicit as to what I'm to build as I'm having no real luck figuring this out.
X.

Gibbynator
x4

Post by Gibbynator » Mon, 17. Sep 18, 06:58

It's Business Center. The ones that pop up by the highways in HoL. They are now buildable by the HoL CV, and that's what will incrementally autosubscribe you to stations. It's not a cheat, so it will take the manager of your business center time to get the subscriptions.

I corrected the spelling of it in the wiki to match the in-game name: https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... +mechanics

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Mon, 17. Sep 18, 21:20

Gibby,

Thanks for the Wiki. I've been eyeing this mod for a while, but found sorting through 50 pages of information a bit daunting. I'll check out your work. In a cursory review, I noticed a few other mods you said worked with this one. It would be great if the nice folks on this thread could/would add to that list of what is known to work.

Thanks,
Thu

Xakthos
x4

Post by Xakthos » Mon, 17. Sep 18, 21:53

Thank you so much for clarifying what station. I had looked at it but it didn't have anything to indicate that is what it did in the encyclopedia entry that I read as such. Appreciate your help and definitely your wiki work. I live by the wikis of the world.

So I may have been too relieved too early. I built a business center but it only built the general station. I tell the architect to show me construction plans and I can't extend anything.... the menu doesn't even appear it just blanks and to get HUD back I have to toggle it in the settings to reset it. Don't know what I've done wrong here. I can't seem to get a radar boost added to it, even with contractor so it only does sector at most. Is that intended? It reads like it should be fully able to do the galaxy from the getgo.

So also had similar problem with my stolen blueprints of Overwatch. I could build some modules, actually got the menu to choose modules but many of the modules couldn't be built. Told contractor to build it and it worked great and came out whole. Lesson I have is contractors do great job, personally hired builders less so.
X.

Gibbynator
x4

Post by Gibbynator » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 04:40

@Thu - You're more than welcome to do the same if you've found any. The wiki is free to edit by anyone, and I can't possibly test all the mods people want. I tested the mods I was interested in, and was quite lucky there were no conflicts. That being said, if you do have conflicts report them too, because there's a chance you or someone else may be able to put together a patch.

@Xakthos - Maybe you could get a screenshot of the issue and post that and your gamesave somewhere. I'm not sure I understand what exactly your problem is, a picture or two would be worth a thousand words.

As far as the contractor vs. builder, IMO the contractor is almost always better than the builder because they can call in the ACME supplier which is faster than acquiring the stuff yourself, unless you already had it on hand. If you have the funds for it, contractor is less hassle so you can focus the effort on making more money instead of the parts.

One quirk with the contractor I've seen (I have several Solar Energetics and miscellaneous other stations as an example in my save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1npz0yR ... sp=sharing ) is that they'll fail to build a module. I've replicated it on Ready to Use and Fast contractors on both default and Blueprint stations, can't recall if I noted it for Slow because I only tried once. In all of those cases, you can attach a CV to it by calling the architect, and they'll automagically start construction on that module. Feed them the resources they need and you're good to go.
Here's what's going on:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sbAr9C ... sp=sharing

Here's an architect fixing the Solar Energetics OL I highlighted above, note the Stage 3 on the first build tree is the problem:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gfatX ... VJdXJvshPk

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 18:23

the problem with "unique" stations is that ES do not really intended them to get build from player, so they are not tested or "repaired" yet

i will try to add more parameter into condition to prevent to early buildstops for contructers

Masstraffic Station (business center) may now work for selfe building

Xakthos
x4

Post by Xakthos » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 23:19

Cool thank you for the improvements. I read through the code changes and appears several of these will actually fix the problem I was facing. I'm starting a new game and giving it a whirl.
X.

Xakthos
x4

Post by Xakthos » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 23:54

Gibbynator wrote: @Xakthos - Maybe you could get a screenshot of the issue and post that and your gamesave somewhere. I'm not sure I understand what exactly your problem is, a picture or two would be worth a thousand words.
I will if I continue to have issues after the updates he released.

I loaded the save you have. First I have to say a plain 'wow'. I haven't put nearly as much time into the game as you. The save is clocking in at over 7d. Most of mine are in the 1 and 2 day range. Is it from SETA or pure time invested?

Second how the world did you get reputations the way you did... positive faction with xenon? I never even contemplated such a thing. You certainly are making bank off their stations you, I presume, copied from them.

Being a clearing house ship builder also seems to do a decent amount for you too. Your selection of ships and models available just kind of astound me for the diversity.

I either don't play enough or you have a master's hand for how you build up your empire. I tend to operate out of DV mostly myself, taking over the Molten Archon putting all my stations in that zone, building defenses at the entry points and turtling down from the Xenon I's that get sent my way looking for a fight with me.

So many upkeep quests too... and you built a sky meadows. I presume as a backup wheat supply in case of something?
X.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Tue, 18. Sep 18, 23:56

Any chance to hace playerHQ mod compatibility patchor something similar?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 19. Sep 18, 08:48

the playerHQ(2.0)? from steam use in parts code that look like CWIR or BR-SY stuff, only problem is that he patches similar files
"best" would be the autor would release a asset only version in that case, without additional MD code (all required stuff should still in), then it may work
the DV HQ may work without LostSectors anyway, so it would usefull to spilt this, either, then also non LS users may use them (just my opinion)

Xakthos
x4

Post by Xakthos » Wed, 19. Sep 18, 22:33

So I'm running into a lot of Xenon ships that are, when targeted, claiming to be various factions like Acme, Split (Family Raijak(sp)) typically. Is that part of the covert system? Even by dropping their shields nobody else seemed to notice them.

I'm not sure I understand that functionality all that well, could a description on wiki be added for both why some ships seem to fly different colors so to speak and about Acme corporation? I start off with negative -9 reputation with them on free play. Not sure I understand their role. Do I lose contractor call ability if I attack them?
X.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 02:40

I'm trying to figure out the Voyager command and how it works. I've started the Verge Explorer start and picked up the cargo ship, but it seems to get trapped in Constant Cascade (probably scanning all those billions of tiny stations) until it generates enough interest from the Khaak and it's wiped out. Is there any way of having the command skip hostile areas?

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 19:34

@Xakthos I think the Xenon-cloaking feature is intended. I found that those cloaking can be cleared by getting the Skunk to scan the ships. Those ships will then turn from e.g. Republic of Cantera [ROC] (-30) to Xenon [XEN] (-30); then you can shoot them up safely.

@Xakthos ACME and DW have permanent -9 relations with the player. Maybe that is related to their "mercenary" status... from what I read (quite some time ago) you can either "show them your power" or pay them some money to temporarily convert them to +30 relations with the player.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 23:37

After doing some research i havent found if Captain and Defense Officer AI Overhaul is incompatible with this mod, i would think it is since the new jumping option using gate or direct jumping depending on captain skill.

Is it?

wojtasior

Post by wojtasior » Sat, 22. Sep 18, 18:56

acme cover is broken , for me at least
i used it like 3-4 hours ago and its still working , attacking xenon didnt fix this , only 1 turn hostile rest ignore me , i can kill 1 at time and others still blue

when attackin ROC they all turn red but acme cover remains ( got 30 rep for acme , my ships got -9 rep for ren otani )

any idea how fix this ?

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sun, 23. Sep 18, 16:11

I font even know what he acme cover system is... i looked at the readme with nothing about acme cover

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”