Is getting stuck in Geometry a possible thing? If so can we get a command or function to escape?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

StoneLegionYT
x4

Is getting stuck in Geometry a possible thing? If so can we get a command or function to escape?

Post by StoneLegionYT » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 21:02

Sadly in X Rebirth I could not find a unstuck command for this.

But I have been stuck rare inside of ships while in my ship and stations while in my ship. Sometimes I can get out easier then other times but it's quite a frustrating issue and really kills the fun.

If this is something that might be still effecting X4 could we maybe get a command or even a menu function in ESC for it. I know it can be clearly abused for cheating but so can mods, etc anyways. We need a simple way to get the player to a safe spot outside of a station or ship.

DaMuncha
x4

Re: Is getting stuck in Geometry a possible thing? If so can we get a command or function to escape?

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 21:07

In the last mission in XR it tells you to fly inside the framework of a station and plant some listening device or something, I dont remember. and I got caught up in the steel frame and couldnt get out. And thats as far as I got with the main story, I had installed a mod that improves the AI but that broke the fleet of good guys from warping in and the game wouldnt progress. I relied on that AI mod to be able to give AI commands and stop them being stupid in combat. And removing the mod would break the save game and I would have to start the game again for the 4th time if I wanted to play without it.

I had problems with AI ships in X3 and XR getting stick in station geometry, the new pathing system in XR was supposed to fix that but all it did was again make ships unable to navigate in small spaces and they would end up clipping into the geometry again, thats why Ego made ships invulnerable to colisions. and in XR it made large trade ships unable to dock as they couldnt find a correct path to get to the docking bay.
Last edited by DaMuncha on Thu, 11. Oct 18, 21:21, edited 3 times in total.
Just... another... bug.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Re: Is getting stuck in Geometry a possible thing? If so can we get a command or function to escape?

Post by StoneLegionYT » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 21:14

DaMuncha wrote:
Thu, 11. Oct 18, 21:07
In the last mission in XR it tells you to fly inside the framework of a station and plant some listening device or something, I dont remember. and I got caught up in the steel frame and couldnt get out.
I found the best way to get out was to try to target a ship far a way or leaving where you are now and hitting F3 on them. Then auto pilot somewhere outside of the part your stuck in. Once your view camera gets far enough it seems collision is 100% removed and you can get through it like Pie.

I guess a No Clipping option via debug might be a nice command if it does not exist already.

But from googling it sounds like this was more common then I thought. Makes me wonder how many people just raged out due to a bug like this. I hope it's fixed but if not maybe there can be some better ways to help players get out of the trouble.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 02:13

I'm assuming in 4 you can likely get out even without that if you bring another ship in range to teleport (assuming the full range isn't unlocked), fly however far away things become OOS using the new ship, then tell the old one to move now that collision is presumably no longer simulated.
***modified***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 11:35

For me a worse potential legacy from XR that should be somehow avoided in X4 would be hostile enemy fighters getting stuck or enclosed inside friendly/neutral station or ship geometry and those being attacked by player fleet turrets, fighters and drones. Yes going OOZ was a workround, but by then collateral and rep damage was usually already done along with unnecessary and potentially damaging firefights with the other previously friendly/neutral factions.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

spacecoyote99
x4

Post by spacecoyote99 » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 14:18

Having firefights near friendly stations was always a crap shoot at best, with or without enemies stuck in geom. That's one of my hopes for X4; rep loss and reaction to friendly fire being a bit more intelligent.

Return to “X4: Foundations”