X3:AP/TC not registering more than four axis

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Lilly Fireblade

X3:AP/TC not registering more than four axis

Post by Lilly Fireblade » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 03:51

I am using the GOG version of the Terran War Pack ( X3TC- v 3.4 and X3AP v3.3 )
I am trying to use thrust master T.16000M FCS with TWCS Throttle thru T.A.R.G.E.T. to get the game to see it as one controller.
I have the options for both Throttle and Rudder active.
I have gone thru one axis at a time and the only DirectX axies that I can get to work are DX_X_AXIS, DX_Y_AXIS, DX_Z_AXIS, and DX_ZROT_AXIS.
The control menu option lists a total of 6 axies: Joystick 1 X-axis, Joystick 1 Y-axis, Joystick 2 X-axis, Joystick 2 Y-axis, Rudder/Z-axis, and Throttle.

So am I just doing something wrong or what? I looked at this FAQ but it doesn't seem to cover setups that would use more than 4 axies so I have no idea what changes I would need to do to use that workaround. If any additional information is needed just ask and I will do my best to provide it.

Lilly Fireblade

Re: X3:AP/TC not registering more than four axis

Post by Lilly Fireblade » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 08:18

Does no one know if X3:AP and X3:TC supports more than four axes? as in does the Throttle and Rudder enable options, overwrite two axes or add two axes letting you use a total of 6 axes?

Sorry for the double post

Belgarath
x4

Post by Belgarath » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 22:06

It supports 4 Axis'. In the launcher, uncheck the throttle option. It will then be recognized in the game.
The new PC I just built for myself:
i5-13600k, 32GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3060 12GB
It'll do until I can upgrade the graphics card.

Lilly Fireblade

Post by Lilly Fireblade » Sat, 6. Jul 19, 15:16

Sorry it took me so long to reply I seem to never got the notification that I had a reply. Thanks for letting me know that the enable throttle and rudder setting did not in fact add 2 more axis for movement. I was trying to use a hotas that has 6 axis. Now I know that I wasn't losing my mind.

tomas.lizner

Post by tomas.lizner » Tue, 22. Feb 22, 15:14

Hello, for all players with hotas, read this:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=445370

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 1. May 22, 18:25

It's great that you've posted your solution, but please don't dig up 3 year old threads. It's highly unlikely that anyone that posted in this thread is still waiting around for an answer. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”