[QUICK HELP] Ask a question, get the answer

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tadas
x4

Re: [QUICK HELP] Ask a question, get the answer

Post by Tadas » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 15:36

What does trade subscription licence do? (The most expensive licence).

Brotkrumen
x4

Post by Brotkrumen » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 15:44

Tadas wrote:
Tue, 4. Dec 18, 15:36
What does trade subscription licence do? (The most expensive licence).
Unconfirmed but it very likely shows all trade offers without the need to have a satellite next to the station.

Brotkrumen
x4

Post by Brotkrumen » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 16:05

I can't find the "global settings" you can use to change the default behaviour of your ships. Where are they?

fcth
x4

Post by fcth » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 16:11

Brotkrumen wrote:
Tue, 4. Dec 18, 16:05
I can't find the "global settings" you can use to change the default behaviour of your ships. Where are they?
Player information > Empire > Global Standing Orders

Daisai
x4

Post by Daisai » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 16:33

How do you filter goods from a station on the map ?
I tried using the "search" function on the map however that just removes everything ( including your ships) when you manually enter the name of something.

DuckSoup
x3ap

Post by DuckSoup » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 16:52

Is it possible to man a turret while your captain flies the ship for you? Basically allowing you to be a gunner?

moulbr
x3

Post by moulbr » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 16:57

I cant find any sedatives to craft with. Are they that rare?

Tadas
x4

Post by Tadas » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 17:10

Not really, I just checked my inventory, I have a bunch of them, encyclopedia says that you can find them in crates, ships, traders.

Azran_Zala
x4

Post by Azran_Zala » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 17:59

Anyone else experiencing auto-miners dumping a quarter of their cargo before heading to sell the leftovers at station every run,
or do I have to start throwing captains out airlocks for profit grafting? (they may have a buddy hiding behind a roid in a hauler picking up drops for under-counter transactions; anythings possible)

Also on the topic of replacing captains - is it genuine mechanic that pilots/captains - dissapear/rage-quit after having someone else promoted over them, or a bug?
(Rage quitting sounds like a immersive mechanic - but I'm going to presume bug, because one can still reassign them as deck-scrubbing crewman without complaint. They only dissapear when someone else is promoted to their position first.
So the two methods have conflicting results.)

Tyrant597
x4

Post by Tyrant597 » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 18:31

Daisai wrote:
Tue, 4. Dec 18, 16:33
How do you filter goods from a station on the map ?
I tried using the "search" function on the map however that just removes everything ( including your ships) when you manually enter the name of something.
Quickest way is just to left click on a ware in map view. It will be added as a filter top left. Or u can dig into the filters, and there is a drop-down menu for wares. Make sure you have trade info displayed (top right of map view)
You don't talks about X:Rebirth...
X4 Mods: Collect Inventory Wares Stations Supply Build Storage Mass Move Marines

nuggerath

Post by nuggerath » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 20:05

Can I declare a war to AI faction (TEL or ARG i.e) - not that ones which are "red" from beginning.

Can I declare war on one of the AI factions. I`m far from it but it will be good to know for further gameplay - because for now i barely know the basic of trading/automation trading/mining/basebuilding. But if I progress far enough, have own shipyards/inftrastructure (if possible) and can financialy maintain the war - can I just conquer my neighbour? Can I claim the enemy station/sector for my own - if yes what is the mechanic behind that?

Is it possible to have a own station which is producing ships?

Frostnads
x4

Post by Frostnads » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 21:00

Young Gun start:
Docked Starter ship at an Argo Equipment Dock, and ordered 2 Marines through the Trade Menu. Message displayed: resources to fill my order are not available and may take some time to complete. After waiting 40ish minutes real time, the order remained unfilled. Initiated a save game, got a white screen, and X4 froze requiring restart.
Marines seem to be AWOL.
Will they ever arrive? Glitch?
Yeah, I know in comparison such a simple a question...
X: Beyond the Frontier | X-Tension | X2: The Threat | X3: Reunion | X3: Terran Conflict | X3: Terran Conflict | X3: Albion Prelude | X Rebirth | X4: Foundations

Lost Captain
x4

Post by Lost Captain » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 21:11

Does anyone know which stations or factories buy Nividium?

It's not even listed on the 'wares' part of the encyclopedia.

Thanks in advance.

Tyrant597
x4

Post by Tyrant597 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 01:10

nuggerath wrote:
Tue, 4. Dec 18, 20:05
Can I declare a war to AI faction (TEL or ARG i.e) - not that ones which are "red" from beginning.

Can I declare war on one of the AI factions. I`m far from it but it will be good to know for further gameplay - because for now i barely know the basic of trading/automation trading/mining/basebuilding. But if I progress far enough, have own shipyards/inftrastructure (if possible) and can financialy maintain the war - can I just conquer my neighbour? Can I claim the enemy station/sector for my own - if yes what is the mechanic behind that?

Is it possible to have a own station which is producing ships?
Sure. You can declare war on whoever you want, it's a sandbox. Go ham on 'em!

Not possible currently to produce your own ships, unless you install a mod.
X4 Mods: Collect Inventory Wares Stations Supply Build Storage Mass Move Marines

moulbr
x3

Post by moulbr » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 01:14

Loaded a save and weapons stopped functioning. Very frustrating. Anyone else have this problem?

Update: Solved. Somehow my weapon group got changed. Press the 1 key and all it well.
Last edited by moulbr on Wed, 5. Dec 18, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.

cja2002

Post by cja2002 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 01:16

Question: I have been trying to collect/pick up passenger from stations - only nothing happens, is it a bug?
(on previous X games, the passenger made contact: on this one, nothing happens once you (eventually) dock)
Ta, muchly! :mrgreen:

Tyrant597
x4

Post by Tyrant597 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 02:07

cja2002 wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 01:16
Question: I have been trying to collect/pick up passenger from stations - only nothing happens, is it a bug?
(on previous X games, the passenger made contact: on this one, nothing happens once you (eventually) dock)
Ta, muchly! :mrgreen:
For some reason, you have to go FIND them on the station. MIssion guidance should help.

Tadas
x4

Post by Tadas » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 03:35

Do resource probes help auto miners?

astroshade

Post by astroshade » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 03:50

I'll ask this here too, since I haven't had any luck on steam or in the other ask a question thread:

How do I get tracking missiles to actually track my target? Whenever I launch things like the heatseeker missile, they act like dumbfire missiles and just travel in a straight line.

sovsefar78
x4

Post by sovsefar78 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 03:58

Possible to board ships or shipwrecks ?

I did the scientist experiment mission where you have to blow up a ship, after that i claimed the base and flew back to a shipwreck in my spacesuit.

Before dying i went below it trying to get in or using the ship's menu by right clicking there was no way to board the ship.

Is there a way to do this or hasn't it been implemented yet ? the shipwreck came from some criminal i shot nearby.

Return to “X4: Foundations”