[QUICK HELP] Ask a question, get the answer

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tadas
x4

Re: [QUICK HELP] Ask a question, get the answer

Post by Tadas » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 04:13

astroshade wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 03:50
I'll ask this here too, since I haven't had any luck on steam or in the other ask a question thread:

How do I get tracking missiles to actually track my target? Whenever I launch things like the heatseeker missile, they act like dumbfire missiles and just travel in a straight line.
The only smart missile that works that way for me are swarm missiles. I really don't know if it's a bug or they should be dumbfire missiles. I am currently loaded with "light smart" missiles, select my target, shoot and they do follow it, change direction etc.

astroshade

Post by astroshade » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 05:28

Tadas wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 04:13
astroshade wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 03:50
I'll ask this here too, since I haven't had any luck on steam or in the other ask a question thread:

How do I get tracking missiles to actually track my target? Whenever I launch things like the heatseeker missile, they act like dumbfire missiles and just travel in a straight line.
The only smart missile that works that way for me are swarm missiles. I really don't know if it's a bug or they should be dumbfire missiles. I am currently loaded with "light smart" missiles, select my target, shoot and they do follow it, change direction etc.
Yeah this doesn't work for me with swarms either, they also travel in a straight line.

anstandridge

Post by anstandridge » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 06:25

TKperson wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 02:46
HairballHacker wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 01:06
Tyrant597 wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 00:59

Do you have a controller / joystick plugged in by any chance?
Yes I do. I tried setting the deadzone to something huge but it didn't help at all.

I had this in addition to sliding around randomly when in walking mode. I fixed both by unbinding the entire "Menus - Analog" section under controls / menu navigation and "First Person: Analog" under controls / platform movement. I assume it wasn't factoring in deadzone settings when in those modes since the movement was very minor.

How did you unbind the controls? I've tried everything but can't get it to work. I have the same map scrolling issue

HoneyRun

Post by HoneyRun » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 07:14

Trying to do the tutorial "map: trading", at some point you have to place a buy order by clicking on a station's sold ware and selecting one of your ships. Why does that dropdown list not include the one I'm currently in?

pirate_smee
x4

Post by pirate_smee » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 07:42

What are the researched modifications at the base for?
How do I tune my engine or enable the researched modifications the Engine Mk I-III for production?

rassad

Post by rassad » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 07:42

Q: how do you reset the map filter ?

I found you can click on the things being traded on the map, to 'filter' / grey them out, but how do you reset filter to bring them all back again?

Ruffy
x4

Post by Ruffy » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 07:48

How do I remove a player owned station and plot?

I have a few stations that I want to delete, but I have already set down a dock which I can't remove.
Apparently you can delete an empty plot via a "x" button on the right, but I can't remove the last component within that plot...

fcth
x4

Post by fcth » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 09:34

rassad wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 07:42
Q: how do you reset the map filter ?

I found you can click on the things being traded on the map, to 'filter' / grey them out, but how do you reset filter to bring them all back again?
The currently selected filter items show up towards the top right. Just click the 'x' next to them to unfilter.

fcth
x4

Post by fcth » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 09:36

How do you tell a station to bring a stored ship back to the pad?

I tried ordering the ship to dock at my location, but that doesn't seem to do anything (maybe because the ship has no pilot?) I thought I had seen one of the beta streamers use the little terminal by the pad to call a ship (which would make sense), but I don't seem to be able to interact with those.

Ruffy
x4

Post by Ruffy » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 17:05

fcth wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 09:36
How do you tell a station to bring a stored ship back to the pad?

I tried ordering the ship to dock at my location, but that doesn't seem to do anything (maybe because the ship has no pilot?) I thought I had seen one of the beta streamers use the little terminal by the pad to call a ship (which would make sense), but I don't seem to be able to interact with those.
What I do is go to the station physically, then press Shift + D to try to teleport to that ship (it should be highlighted blue-ish).
Once you try that, you'll see a message saying that the ship is in internal storage, and will be brought out shortly.

Mondeza
x4

Post by Mondeza » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 20:43

Does anyone know how long it takes for a Vendor to refresh their inventory? I bought 28 Rare Spice but need 2 more and am waiting for more to arrive at my vendor but nothing is happening. Do I need to leave and come back or just have a beer and wait?

Tyrant597
x4

Post by Tyrant597 » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:31

Mondeza wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 20:43
Does anyone know how long it takes for a Vendor to refresh their inventory? I bought 28 Rare Spice but need 2 more and am waiting for more to arrive at my vendor but nothing is happening. Do I need to leave and come back or just have a beer and wait?
There is more than one vendor in the universe.. ijs... lol
You don't talks about X:Rebirth...
X4 Mods: Collect Inventory Wares Stations Supply Build Storage Mass Move Marines

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:34

I've read around that you can order your ship to "auto-mine" but how to actually do that?
I have one has miner, ordered him to mine, he now has a full cargo and does nothing else. Can't see any other option that would suggest automation. Does the captain need more stars or what?

marksnake
x3ap

Post by marksnake » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:47

3 stars when the captain should go for a good deal...below 3 stars you have to do it manually...my 2 stars pilots did nothing...maybe I`m wrong...

take a look at the numbers regarding "searching for a deal in xx sectors"

marksnake
x3ap

Post by marksnake » Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:49

...Mining is ok...auto-trading with your miner is the problem with 0 - 2 stars...

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 01:06

Stupid questions:

I heard there is a Story to get an HQ. Where? I started standard scenario andim currently over 1 day and 6 hours into the save.

I heard you can research, where?

I was able to build a sinza but... dunno... other that that i didnt find anything

cja2002

Post by cja2002 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 01:28

Tyrant597 wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 02:07
cja2002 wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 01:16
Question: I have been trying to collect/pick up passenger from stations - only nothing happens, is it a bug?
(on previous X games, the passenger made contact: on this one, nothing happens once you (eventually) dock)
Ta, muchly! :mrgreen:
For some reason, you have to go FIND them on the station. MIssion guidance should help.
Appreciate the quick reply - but finding them??
There is no relevant dock interaction & I can't leave the ship.
The mission guidance notes appear to offer nothing.

I'm struggling with this, and it isn't my first X game, so it's becoming doubly frustrating :cry:

Ruffy
x4

Post by Ruffy » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 01:41

Wou wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:34
I've read around that you can order your ship to "auto-mine" but how to actually do that?
I have one has miner, ordered him to mine, he now has a full cargo and does nothing else. Can't see any other option that would suggest automation. Does the captain need more stars or what?
If you set automine as default behavior (requires 1 star pilot), the ship will automatically mine until full, and sell its cargo. Rinse and repeat.

Ruffy
x4

Post by Ruffy » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 01:42

Ramokthan wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 01:06
Stupid questions:

I heard there is a Story to get an HQ. Where? I started standard scenario andim currently over 1 day and 6 hours into the save.

I heard you can research, where?

I was able to build a sinza but... dunno... other that that i didnt find anything
Look for those sparkling red things when you scan a station. One of them should be a mission to help out a boron? (tentacled thing). He will give you a series of quests to get your own personal HQ.

Research is unlocked via that questline too, will be done from the map, near the top will be a "research" tab, for ship add-on modifications.

Mondeza
x4

Post by Mondeza » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 07:04

Tyrant597 wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:31
Mondeza wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 20:43
There is more than one vendor in the universe.. ijs... lol
Really? Imagine that :p.

However the question still stands as I want to stay around this station for a bit. So do I bother going back to check or just finish up around the station and go elsewhere for the spice?

Return to “X4: Foundations”