[QUICK HELP] Ask a question, get the answer

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

astroshade

Re: [QUICK HELP] Ask a question, get the answer

Post by astroshade » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 07:19

Wou wrote:
Wed, 5. Dec 18, 23:34
I've read around that you can order your ship to "auto-mine" but how to actually do that?
I have one has miner, ordered him to mine, he now has a full cargo and does nothing else. Can't see any other option that would suggest automation. Does the captain need more stars or what?
You have to set it's default behavior to automine, this is in the behavior section. You don't do it by right clicking on the map and selecting mine. This is not consistent with auto trading, unfortunately, and this has to be the most asked question on the forum.

astroshade

Post by astroshade » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 07:23

How do you get miners assigned to a station to actually mine for it? I assigned two M miners to a station with the task to mine for the station. This station has a silicon wafer production line, so I need them to mine silicon... and they are just doing circles around the station instead of mining.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 13:28

Really daft one, but I've not played much yet and am still in my start-ship. Is a crewman/crewwoman equivalent of a pilot?
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

ravisoul
x4

Post by ravisoul » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 13:33

astroshade wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 07:23
How do you get miners assigned to a station to actually mine for it? I assigned two M miners to a station with the task to mine for the station. This station has a silicon wafer production line, so I need them to mine silicon... and they are just doing circles around the station instead of mining.
i had this aswell until i found out i needed another storage module for that resource (so build storage modules)
then my miners started mining and dropping off the resources

ravisoul
x4

Post by ravisoul » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 13:35

Gavrushka wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 13:28
Really daft one, but I've not played much yet and am still in my start-ship. Is a crewman/crewwoman equivalent of a pilot?
Yes they are
if you hire crew (from stations or from the shipyard) you can click on thair names in the information pannel of the ship and upgrade them to captain / Pilot
you can also fire them, start a comms with the crew person (just right click on the name and select comms)

you can also slide the crew bar from left to right in the ship information panel and make them marines

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 13:38

Thanks for the quick (and detailed) response, Ravisoul. Gonna try it out when I get the chance. :)
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 14:28

How do you scan a station to obtain blueprints?
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

ravisoul
x4

Post by ravisoul » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 14:34

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 14:28
How do you scan a station to obtain blueprints?
when you are close to a station click Shift + 2 (this will get you into scan mode)
then fly close to the station parts and when you hear a Radio noise (static) fly as close as possible to that, once it sais in your info screen decrypting signal stay still
the red Dots give you discounts and building modules, the sound waves give you missions

i found most on defence stations, seems to be allot there

Danya Turrel
x4

Post by Danya Turrel » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 15:35

Azran_Zala wrote:
Tue, 4. Dec 18, 17:59
Anyone else experiencing auto-miners dumping a quarter of their cargo before heading to sell the leftovers at station every run,
or do I have to start throwing captains out airlocks for profit grafting? (they may have a buddy hiding behind a roid in a hauler picking up drops for under-counter transactions; anythings possible)
Yes! I found that sort of annoying at first, but regardless of the issue there my miner is making me plenty of credits. So, if that dirty Teladi pilot IS stealing from me it doesn't matter so much.

However, i recall something like that going on in prior X games. I think once the pilot finds the 'best' place to sell, and that place can't accept the full cargo, pilot will dump the excess.

Either that or its a bug.

Mileron
x4

Post by Mileron » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 15:43

Why do I keep getting "temporary reputation lost" from unknown ships?

Will my AI/NPC pilots fly through anomalies if I've marked them with navigation beacons?

Danya Turrel
x4

Post by Danya Turrel » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 15:48

I have a two-part question, unrelated mostly.

1st: I got this multi-stage mission for Teladi Company that first involved repairing some data thingies and then sent me on a snack run for three hungry executives, all in different places. These Teladi gourmands wanted Fine Meals, the Argnu Beef for which I spent HOURS searching for. Pretty much found and explored most of Argon space looking for the stuff (then I realized some of the Teladi are selling it as well). Finally, got together the 6 meals I needed to make the deliveries and, grumbling about how the Teladi are known to be terrible tippers I set off to my first drop. Of course it is as far away as possible from where I was at the time but no worries, while Terrumaximus Rexisaurus Crustalizarduxus VII flew me there I went for a pee. Getting back I'm happy to see we are docked but to my dismay the contact was not to be found! Logs say he died.

CRAP!

Next stop! But first get out of the chair lizard face, I suspect you did something to cause this. Long story - just as I arrived at each station my hungry, yet long-waiting patrons became ghosts. I assume they, unwilling to eat generic space rations like everyone else, starved to death waiting for me. There was no time limit so I would be surprised if that's the deal.

The question: what did I do wrong? I made more than a million credits from autominers while doing this insane snack-voyage so I didn't need the pittance the mission was worth. I DID want the faction points, a faction which now is not offering me more missions since I apparently am the Grim Reaper of delivery people.

Second Question: I need to get back to Teladi Company faction representative to buy plans for the dock that Boso Ta (or whatever Squidy McSquidface's name is) wants me to install on his spoiler thing. Could you please tell me where it was? I promise I'll put a nav beacon on it this time.

Thanks,

Danya

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:50

I kinda decrypted and done already quite some of the missions i got from the sparkling signals.

Is there a special event i need to wait for, i need have luck or is it only found at a specific station?

dupadupa2
x4

Post by dupadupa2 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:52

How can i aquire captain for my ship?

Tyrant597
x4

Post by Tyrant597 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:59

dupadupa2 wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:52
Dock at a station.
Walk up to an NPC.
Hire any NPC on station, tell him to work at your ship (right click ship name, select 'choose'), tell him to work as captain.
Profit
You don't talks about X:Rebirth...
X4 Mods: Collect Inventory Wares Stations Supply Build Storage Mass Move Marines

Danya Turrel
x4

Post by Danya Turrel » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:31

Ramokthan wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:50
I kinda decrypted and done already quite some of the missions i got from the sparkling signals.

Is there a special event i need to wait for, i need have luck or is it only found at a specific station?
I found it on the starting station in the tutorial start, but then on a station far from there in the Explorer start so I think it doesn't matter what station you scan.

Just keep looking at those station signals until a Boron (fish) guy recruits you to help him. He's probably the only Boron in the game at this time.

Dewar

Post by Dewar » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:48

Mission givers awaiting fine meals dying when you arrive is a known bug. You didn't do anything wrong.

On the map, bases with faction reps have the icon of a little person with a crown on their head floating above the base icon. However, I believe you should already have a basic dock blueprint by default. Have you tried building on the HQ and seeing what components you have available?
Danya Turrel wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 15:48
I have a two-part question, unrelated mostly.

1st: I got this multi-stage mission for Teladi Company that first involved repairing some data thingies and then sent me on a snack run for three hungry executives, all in different places. These Teladi gourmands wanted Fine Meals, the Argnu Beef for which I spent HOURS searching for. Pretty much found and explored most of Argon space looking for the stuff (then I realized some of the Teladi are selling it as well). Finally, got together the 6 meals I needed to make the deliveries and, grumbling about how the Teladi are known to be terrible tippers I set off to my first drop. Of course it is as far away as possible from where I was at the time but no worries, while Terrumaximus Rexisaurus Crustalizarduxus VII flew me there I went for a pee. Getting back I'm happy to see we are docked but to my dismay the contact was not to be found! Logs say he died.

CRAP!

Next stop! But first get out of the chair lizard face, I suspect you did something to cause this. Long story - just as I arrived at each station my hungry, yet long-waiting patrons became ghosts. I assume they, unwilling to eat generic space rations like everyone else, starved to death waiting for me. There was no time limit so I would be surprised if that's the deal.

The question: what did I do wrong? I made more than a million credits from autominers while doing this insane snack-voyage so I didn't need the pittance the mission was worth. I DID want the faction points, a faction which now is not offering me more missions since I apparently am the Grim Reaper of delivery people.

Second Question: I need to get back to Teladi Company faction representative to buy plans for the dock that Boso Ta (or whatever Squidy McSquidface's name is) wants me to install on his spoiler thing. Could you please tell me where it was? I promise I'll put a nav beacon on it this time.

Thanks,

Danya

dupadupa2
x4

Post by dupadupa2 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:51

Tyrant597 wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:59
dupadupa2 wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:52
Dock at a station.
Walk up to an NPC.
Hire any NPC on station, tell him to work at your ship (right click ship name, select 'choose'), tell him to work as captain.
Profit
Thx, works like a charm :)

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 20:54

hm ok i got it... welp i expected a long plot like the boron X3 plot... ive done the story in around 2 hours... welp...

But i got another question: i cant extend my station with another solar modules... it has currently 2 of them, a docking bay, an habitat and 2 containerstorages.

everytime i want to extend it it is red, but it doesnt tell why. there is space enough, i bought a very big space 20x20x20 km.

dunno whats wrong... there is space enough between the panels i think too.

anstandridge

Post by anstandridge » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 06:37

I'm having a problem with keeping my selected target locked as the game seems to change my target randomly, has anyone else had an issue with this?

Timbuk2
x4

Post by Timbuk2 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 08:41

Probably an obvious one but I can't find the answer by searching/googling.

On the map certain stations have a green line above them, others don't. What does this represent?

Return to “X4: Foundations”