X2 How to start a custom game as if the plot just has been ended?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Amon2501

X2 How to start a custom game as if the plot just has been ended?

Post by Amon2501 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 14:10

Hi. I want to start a new game in X2 but as if the plot just has been ended (dont want to complete it again). That means
1. President`s End IS destroyed and have a pirate base in it.
2. Khaaks are exist and their ships can be captured (later when my combat rating will allow it, of course. As well as buying the info about their sectors from the BBS)
3. The Argon ship in Ore Belt have normal aggression level and protects the sector.
4. Secret Argonian base behind the asteroid in the Black hole sun exists too.

This all, but with zero combat and trading ratings (one of my personal goals is to capture all available ships from the bbs missions, and for example there ll be no m5`s with the combat rating been raised, after ending the plot.). How can i start that kind of game?

jlehtone
x4

Re: X2 How to start a custom game as if the plot just has been ended?

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 15:15

There is the "New Game in Custom Galaxy" Start. Cannot remember what it has by default. Perhaps the S&M Forum has some info.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Amon2501

Post by Amon2501 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:25

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 15:15
There is the "New Game in Custom Galaxy" Start. Cannot remember what it has by default. Perhaps the S&M Forum has some info.
Yeah, i`m talking exactly about it. But if i just start the new custom game, then the PE sector probably not gonna be destroyed by Khaaks, like they did in the plot (and i want it to be destroyed, because it affects economy and gives me a free sector to build and to hunt.) And also i doubt about the Khaak`s sectors (unknown enemy sector) availability in the custom game. Is there a way to make all universe`s conditions like there were at the end of the plot game, but to start a new game with it?

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 22:45

I've been revisiting X2 lately and have only very briefly looked at the custom game starts, but the <X2 Universe> custom start does provide a fully functional President's End sector and looks like the full AI / economy is functioning.

A few things come to mind though, if the universe is accurately at a post campaign state, would that also mean it's going to be scaled for a beefed up player? I can't really recall how the AI evolves, if at all.

..would it be possible to FOW all but starting sector and start off in a banged up disco and have a chance without some AI modding too?

If so, perhaps taking an end game save and modifying it to remove all the player's assets, stats, etc., would be the most straight forward approach.

It could be a WIP to recount all the things to regress in a save, if that approach would work.
  • FOW added
  • [strike]abandoned ships added[/strike] ..forgot, there are none in X2 (..and that strikethrough text isn't possible here)
  • abandoned ships added
  • remove player assets
  • ..and so forth
Some of the campaign fresh start seems to be the state of wares within sectors and maybe even the npc/economy kick on in stages/exploration/mission triggers/etc very early on with a new campaign to create a climate that is suited for a brand new player character..

There are probably some scripts available to help tear down things (eg: remove stations) in a post campaign saved universe fwiw. You could get lucky and find a mod close to what you're wanting on the forum or moddb.com too.

Seems like a lot of things to consider with making a universe (as I understand it) that you're looking for, the campaign isn't too long I'd say if using an easy start and referring to a walkthrough for speeding it up... perhaps simply playing the campaign through again would be the best way to create the universe.

Lastly, what sort of gameplay are you favoring? combat, building, etc. That would have some impact on trying to create the universe you seek for a fresh start IMO.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”