Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

naisha
x4

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by naisha » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 17:04

Well, since X4 is in a sorry state atm and I kinda want some X games, i guess im back to litcube! (As for X:R, we dont talk about that one)

Is this still being worked on btw?

all_other_names_taken
x3tc

Post by all_other_names_taken » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 19:04

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 21:35
Is it compatible with X4?
Wrong question.
Combined with your Mayhem, it IS X4.

I would like to use this opportunity to initiate a petition for you to change the name of your mod to "X4: The Real Deal".

I was just about to write "Egosoft will never learn", but then I tried to think about it as objectively as I could, and they seem to have nothing to "learn" from the likes of us who share this vision of what an X game should be. Judging by the Steam top sellers list, they are swimming in money by now, so any complaint by "us" can legitimately be waved away saying "just keep complaining, you're in overwhelming minority, so no one cares what you want from this game". Sad face.
I skipped X:R entirely, but still bought X4:F because I was eager for new space experience and was sure they must have "learned" from X:R what people really want and appreciate in their series. I was wrong.
I'm not sorry for the 50 EUR I wasted, I'm sorry it didn't even remotely turn out to be what I wanted.
Looking at the main X4 forum, even many people who criticize the current state of the game end with "Well, it's to be expected of Egosoft. But it doesn't matter, the modders will fix the game and add to it what's missing.". When did this upside-down logic become the accepted norm?
Also, knowing a little about game development, it doesn't seem to me that many of those issues will be easily fixable. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I have little hope.
One of the developers seems to have said "The turrets don't work because their operation is computationally expensive". That doesn't sound easily fixable.
Imagine that, the turrets don't work in a space fighting simulation game! Just let that sink in for a second...
Right?
The flight navigation and obstacle avoidance also isn't working atm (to the point where in the latest patch they turned off hull damage due to collisions).
Trading is also quite broken at the moment.
UI is a mess (speaking personally here, of course). I'll just point to one gem: when you order two ships to exchange goods while they are both docked at a station, they both fly off further away then the source ship drops a crate for the other to pick up (in space!). Repeat until all cargo was transferred. I didn't know recreational drugs were also allowed in Germany now. Only a dead drunk or very high person would think this is the right way to do it.
Only the Build part they seem to have done mostly right and is an improvement to previous parts of the series.

I mean, even if it was all the different people that made this game who didn't participate in making previous games, they could have looked at what each installment started with and what it ended up with (feature wise) after a few years, to see what NEEDS to be in the game as a must, and then see what else needs to be and can be added to improve the game.
But that's just silly me speaking, surely they know better.

AltiarSaint
xr

Post by AltiarSaint » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 04:44

If the ease of control you have for commanding your ships in X4 was in X3 (Easily selecting mulitple ships and ordering them around without 32 button presses)

That would be the dream.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 13:35

Is wiki down or something? I can't access it from any computer.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

nqrott
x4

Post by nqrott » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 13:54

it's seems so, downloaded tonight all the files and just went through the install guid on the wiki.
it is down.

ceecee
x4

Post by ceecee » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:24

Anyone have the link for this one while its down? I managed to grab everything but this, and now its offline.

-->
Download the latest GUI package from the downloads page.
Install the latest GUI package to your clean install main folder (i.e. C:\X3).

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:45

ceecee wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:24
Anyone have the link for this one while its down? I managed to grab everything but this, and now its offline.

-->
Download the latest GUI package from the downloads page.
Install the latest GUI package to your clean install main folder (i.e. C:\X3).
I think the default gui is included in the main installation. I don't know, I think that it is.

nqrott
x4

Post by nqrott » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:36

i need the 1.7.2 Patch ^^

Phier
x3tc

Post by Phier » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:58

So...

A few years ago when Litcube hinting at releasing this I was excited and in full X3 mode, but life beat me up a bit and I dropped off the wagon right about the time this came out.

X4 reignited my desire to play X3 and here I am, only I haven't played in so long that I'm semi lost. I'm wondering if anyone recalls in the 900+ pages here a good "getting started" guide.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 18:32

Phier wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:58
So...

A few years ago when Litcube hinting at releasing this I was excited and in full X3 mode, but life beat me up a bit and I dropped off the wagon right about the time this came out.

X4 reignited my desire to play X3 and here I am, only I haven't played in so long that I'm semi lost. I'm wondering if anyone recalls in the 900+ pages here a good "getting started" guide.
the wiki, once it's back online. then youtube videos

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 10:15

vukica wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 18:32
Phier wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:58
So...

the wiki, once it's back online. then youtube videos
Its back online.

DuckSoup
x3ap

Post by DuckSoup » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 20:44

I'm switching to this after playing XRM for a long time. One thing XRM had was PAR Shipyards which made the chore of outfitting ships easier.

It was annoying having to buy a ship, then fly around for an hour finding stations that had stock of your weapons or shields. Doing this for a fleet of ships was just impossible.

How does Litcube deal with this? Do you still have to manually outfit ships?

nqrott
x4

Post by nqrott » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 20:57

is it possible to use Luckies "Reiseantrieb" "Travel Drive" with LU ?

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 21:14

DuckSoup wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 20:44
I'm switching to this after playing XRM for a long time. One thing XRM had was PAR Shipyards which made the chore of outfitting ships easier.

It was annoying having to buy a ship, then fly around for an hour finding stations that had stock of your weapons or shields. Doing this for a fleet of ships was just impossible.

In LU its very easy. You save a template of a ship, and you just outfit completely a built ship in your HQ with a single click, together will all the autojump orders, turret settings, everything.

DuckSoup
x3ap

Post by DuckSoup » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 21:56

dreamer2008 wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 21:14
DuckSoup wrote:

In LU its very easy. You save a template of a ship, and you just outfit completely a built ship in your HQ with a single click, together will all the autojump orders, turret settings, everything.
But you need an HQ to do that correct? That typically takes me a long time to get to that point given how expensive they are (Or were in XRM), but if that's the only method, I suppose it's better than nothing.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 19:29

DuckSoup wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 21:56
dreamer2008 wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 21:14
DuckSoup wrote:

But you need an HQ to do that correct? That typically takes me a long time to get to that point given how expensive they are (Or were in XRM), but if that's the only method, I suppose it's better than nothing.
The HQ is essential, but I found money to be easier to make in Litcube compared to XRM. (do build station missions, and sell abandoned, cheap-repaired ships)

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 20:24

DuckSoup wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 21:56
Nope. Any dock.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 10:47

Hey Litcube, some time ago you looked into this issue with SCHs not consuming the correct amount of resources. What's the status about this?

Goncyn
x4

Post by Goncyn » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 03:03

The FAQ says,
Lucike's script library overwrites a few key LU references.
Does anyone know exactly what that means? How would one go about identifying the "references" that are overwritten? I'm curious whether this can be fixed and willing to try to do it myself, but I could use a hint about where to start looking. New to modding X3 but not to programming.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:00

I plan to start a pirate/yaki playthrough after being such a good guy in my current game, but my only problem is access to certain important stations. Is it possible to hack the shipyards in Saturn 3/Clodubase South East and the OTAS Shipyard to buy the Complex Hubs/HQ and Mccallum docks?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”