[BUG] 1.5 Property owned menu crash with wings - Fix in a future build

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Val Comdriver
x4

[BUG] 1.5 Property owned menu crash with wings - Fix in a future build

Post by Val Comdriver » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 14:12

not sure if this bug reported already but it is actually pretty obvious bug. also I think it is not related to 1.5, possibly we have this bug since release

How to reproduce: if you make a wing of lets say two ships, where small fighter is wing leader and something with carrier ability (lets say cerberus) is follower. now command the fighter to dock on that cerberus and try to open property owned menu.

what happens: at least on my system (and I have i7 4770k, 32gb of ram and nvme ssd, but that doesn't matter actually) whole pc will freeze for a few seconds and then the game fail to show property owned menu because menu will try to show all wing members and all docked ships and then there is a wing leader with cerberus follower what have a ship docked, and that ship is a wing leader with cerberus follower what have a ship docked, and that ship is a wing leader with cerberus follower what have a ship docked, and that ship is a wing leader with cerberus follower what have a ship docked, and that ship.. and looks we have an endless cycle here.

temporary fix: if you got this bug you can fix it before devs do something with it. find your ship on the map without using the menu and remove assignment for carrier.
My PC specs for bug reports
Show
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3900
  • GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
  • 32 GB DDR4 3600 (CMW16GX4M1Z3600C18)
  • Windows 7 Pro SP1

ApoxNM
x4

Re: [BUG] 1.5 Property owned menu crash with wings

Post by ApoxNM » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 17:09

Val Comdriver wrote:
Tue, 1. Jan 19, 14:12
not sure if this bug reported already but it is actually pretty obvious bug. also I think it is not related to 1.5, possibly we have this bug since release

How to reproduce: if you make a wing of lets say two ships, where small fighter is wing leader and something with carrier ability (lets say cerberus) is follower. now command the fighter to dock on that cerberus and try to open property owned menu.

what happens: at least on my system (and I have i7 4770k, 32gb of ram and nvme ssd, but that doesn't matter actually) whole pc will freeze for a few seconds and then the game fail to show property owned menu because menu will try to show all wing members and all docked ships and then there is a wing leader with cerberus follower what have a ship docked, and that ship is a wing leader with cerberus follower what have a ship docked, and that ship is a wing leader with cerberus follower what have a ship docked, and that ship is a wing leader with cerberus follower what have a ship docked, and that ship.. and looks we have an endless cycle here.

temporary fix: if you got this bug you can fix it before devs do something with it. find your ship on the map without using the menu and remove assignment for carrier.
Sounds like an infinite loop in a function.

Val Comdriver
x4

Post by Val Comdriver » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 11:56

yes, it is.

I think this can be kinda fixed by disallowing smaller ships to be wing leaders for bigger ships. I'm not sure, but I don't think there was any real life incident where a fighter would lead a carrier. fix me if I'm wrong, but atm I can't see any reasons to have it that way instead of bigger ships being leaders. Would be great if there is other possible way to stop the loop but for now I see only this one.
My PC specs for bug reports
Show
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3900
  • GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
  • 32 GB DDR4 3600 (CMW16GX4M1Z3600C18)
  • Windows 7 Pro SP1

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 13:18

Thanks for your report, the issue is fixed in an upcoming version, but not the current 1.51 Beta. I'll try to let you know if that changes.

Edit: The fix is part of the 1.60 Public Beta.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”