There are some twisted people out there

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ezarkal
x4

There are some twisted people out there

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 02:22

My dear fellow pilots and explorers, I have some troubling matter to bring to your attention.

A few hours ago, I was flying peacefully when I sensors detected an unknown object in space. I went ahead to examine the source of the signal and discovered an abandoned lockbox floating in space. Elated by this discovery, I decided to open in to see what mysterious treasures was hidden within.

Imagine my horror when the box released an active mine than came homing straight at my ship.

Luckily, my shields managed to absorb most of the impact, and I got out with my live and minor hull scars. Yet this evil trap left me shaken. Who would do such a thing. If you want your stuff safe, why leave it lying around?

Be vigilant my friends... There are some twisted people out there, and they are not looking out for your well-being.

Your friend and colleague explorer,

Ezarkal
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

caltrop
x4

Re: There are some twisted people out there

Post by caltrop » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 11:49

Not twisted at all ^_^

The best way to stop people accidentally hitting a mine, is to put them in a lockbox for safekeeping...very tidy imo

I wish all the mines in certain sectors where placed into lock boxes :)

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 15:53

The fun thing is it really could've killed me.

I had just restarted a new game with 2.00 beta.
I just got out of the black hole sun equipment dock, started mapping out nearby stations for five minutes, found the lock box and boom.
On an elite vanguard with a mk1 shield. XD

So we know a single mine is no instant kill. It took out my shield and only 25% of my hull, so I'm sure any ships with shields can withstand one.
Even if it has been a one-shot kill... well... I'd have lost 5 minutes of my time, in exchange for a good laugh. :D

I actually wish it had been more dangerous. It would've been a good way to spice up the game. Autosaves are frequent enough to allow it.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Iguanabob
x4

Post by Iguanabob » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 19:17

Nah, it's okay that it was as you described. If these booby traps could kill the player there'd be even more outrage over here.
ITs enough as is. :)

That aside - cool find :)

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 19:26

I have seen reports (on reddit I think) of there being multiple mines in a lockbox, so you may just have been lucky ^_^

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 03:44

Great story :lol:

We have more story here than they intended, love it.

Maybe they can take this as a hint and add more booby trapped boxes, just an idea

Mordhar
x4

Post by Mordhar » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 11:48

caltrop wrote:
Fri, 8. Feb 19, 19:26
I have seen reports (on reddit I think) of there being multiple mines in a lockbox, so you may just have been lucky ^_^
Yes, it happens.

A day ago I found very hard box (fast rotation, 8 locks). It is basically impossible to open from ship. So I had to use spacesuit laser.
Good thing I ALWAYS make quicksave before trying to open any lockbox. Because it contained 1 blue ship mod material AND 3 tracker mines.

Managed to get it on second attempt (after “game over” screen). Shot 7 locks, then shot last one from ship and immediately boosted away to destroy mines from distance.

Most interesting thing I saw is an “explosive-rigged” variant of lockbox (one with bombs attached to it externally) that additionally had mines inside.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 11:16

Mordhar wrote:
Sat, 9. Feb 19, 11:48
caltrop wrote:
Fri, 8. Feb 19, 19:26
Yes, it happens.

A day ago I found very hard box (fast rotation, 8 locks). It is basically impossible to open from ship. So I had to use spacesuit laser.
Good thing I ALWAYS make quicksave before trying to open any lockbox. Because it contained 1 blue ship mod material AND 3 tracker mines.

Managed to get it on second attempt (after “game over” screen). Shot 7 locks, then shot last one from ship and immediately boosted away to destroy mines from distance.

Most interesting thing I saw is an “explosive-rigged” variant of lockbox (one with bombs attached to it externally) that additionally had mines inside.
People mines mines because they're precioussssssss.

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 10:47

booby traps in space.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”