[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

KroelleBoelle

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.8

Post by KroelleBoelle » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 11:57

olek_skilgannon wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 03:50
KroelleBoelle wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 10:36

I am using DA's, stopping them from working fixed my persistent crash I originally reported, and I manually delivered the resources for about 12 hours with no issue, since then I have deleted the "distribution" jobs at the logistics screen, and now have two DA's per station, I've about 48 hours since without a crash, I still don't know the cause of the crashes, but there is no doubt in my mind that it was the DAs, and quite possibly the distribution part, but if you are not distributing, I don't know what it could be.

hey sorry for being unclear i was distributing with the DAs and thats what also caused my crash, because as soon i cancel all jobs for the DAs the crash will not occur.
So now your DAs are distributing? Just trying to find a workaround to play this awesome mod without DAs. Manually distributing myself doesnt sound really like my cup of tea, too tedious and boring. Maybe i try to get an internal network going and then activate the DAs to only collect from my stations.
No, my DAs are only doing acquire jobs.
I don't really need the distribution jobs, the station agents take what they need, as long as the factories are set to allow SA & DA, your Sanctuary also needs to be set to allow SA & DA.
The Dock Agents bring in everything I need to build stations, ships and lasers, and also provide for the local factories, I choose the no food perk for every station, so I don't have to worry over starving population.

You really only need the distribution jobs if you want to sell off excess resources, but that isn't really necessary either, money is not as important in this mod because you make just about everything yourself.
where do you set up the factories to allow sa and da? Is it to allow your race traders? Or am I missing some menu where you can tell them that?

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.8

Post by olek_skilgannon » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 03:30

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 11:57
olek_skilgannon wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 03:50
KroelleBoelle wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 10:36

I am using DA's, stopping them from working fixed my persistent crash I originally reported, and I manually delivered the resources for about 12 hours with no issue, since then I have deleted the "distribution" jobs at the logistics screen, and now have two DA's per station, I've about 48 hours since without a crash, I still don't know the cause of the crashes, but there is no doubt in my mind that it was the DAs, and quite possibly the distribution part, but if you are not distributing, I don't know what it could be.

hey sorry for being unclear i was distributing with the DAs and thats what also caused my crash, because as soon i cancel all jobs for the DAs the crash will not occur.
So now your DAs are distributing? Just trying to find a workaround to play this awesome mod without DAs. Manually distributing myself doesnt sound really like my cup of tea, too tedious and boring. Maybe i try to get an internal network going and then activate the DAs to only collect from my stations.
No, my DAs are only doing acquire jobs.
I don't really need the distribution jobs, the station agents take what they need, as long as the factories are set to allow SA & DA, your Sanctuary also needs to be set to allow SA & DA.
The Dock Agents bring in everything I need to build stations, ships and lasers, and also provide for the local factories, I choose the no food perk for every station, so I don't have to worry over starving population.

You really only need the distribution jobs if you want to sell off excess resources, but that isn't really necessary either, money is not as important in this mod because you make just about everything yourself.
where do you set up the factories to allow sa and da? Is it to allow your race traders? Or am I missing some menu where you can tell them that?
Yes, Allow your traders under the "adjust station parameters" menu.
I also find that the station traders deliver goods to the sanctuaries also.

Under the logistics page, when you create an acquire job, you can choose to acquire the resources from traders, a specific sanctuary, or factories in a specific sector, this tells your DA where to get the resources from.

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by olek_skilgannon » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 08:53

Just a quick question.
Spoiler
Show
When the global invasion kicks in, do the daily invasions cease?
Last edited by olek_skilgannon on Sun, 10. Feb 19, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 11:47

Please set such questions in spoiler-tags ! :x

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 13:26

Spoiler
Show
You'll see.

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Post by olek_skilgannon » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 14:45

Taylor2008 wrote:
Sun, 10. Feb 19, 11:47
Please set such questions in spoiler-tags ! :x
Sorry :doh:

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Post by olek_skilgannon » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 09:02

I've picked up a couple of potential bugs, nothing game breaking.

Found "credits" as a loot drifting in space after a battle, sending a ship to collect wares in the sector would end the collection once they got to the "Credits"

I have found another instance of "Scrap" as loot, this is running 2.7.9.

Seen a couple of instances of Vulture TS ships flying past me doing 200 m/s plus, while their max speed listed is 74 m/s.

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 13:36

Joubarbe,

Unless it is my unluckiness: when importing a game, the Trans-Orbital gates are not imported nor generated in the new universe.
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 14:22

Dr2i wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 13:36
Joubarbe,

Unless it is my unluckiness: when importing a game, the Trans-Orbital gates are not imported nor generated in the new universe.
Hmm... E/I is just a new game, so it uses the current maps\x3_universe.xml. With the latest version, I regenerated the universe, so you should use the Your Universe Is Ugly tool to generate another one with Trans-Orbital gates.

But the problem is that the E/I won't work if the universe is not the same... Hmm I knew I shouldn't have regenerated the universe. You're probably f*cked :) (or you have a backup of your previous universe, YUIU is supposed to make one in addon\maps\)

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 15:08

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 14:22
Hmm... E/I is just a new game, so it uses the current maps\x3_universe.xml. With the latest version, I regenerated the universe, so you should use the Your Universe Is Ugly tool to generate another one with Trans-Orbital gates.

But the problem is that the E/I won't work if the universe is not the same... Hmm I knew I shouldn't have regenerated the universe. You're probably f*cked :) (or you have a backup of your previous universe, YUIU is supposed to make one in addon\maps\)
I'm not sure I understood all that.
If I wanted to keep my universe, I should've copy-pasted it from addon\maps in maps\ and renamed it x3_universe.xml? and then imported?
And that means that I would need my universe. I should still have it in addon\maps\ unless I started a new game right? (export/import does not generate a new universe right?)

But then the E/I won't work if the universe is not the same... what do you mean by that? If I do an import without copy-pasting my universe, then I am indeed changing universe. My imported game is ****** in what sense? Only in that I won't have the trans-orbital gates or it's ****** like in completely ******?

If I generate a new universe with YUIU and copy it in maps\, can I use it in an import? Would I get new sector caracteristics in addition to trans-orbital gates?

If it's too much explanation, just tell my if the import/export is completly broken, if I can keep playing in the new universe without trans-orbital gates and if I can use a new universe with the import.
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 15:25

Actually I'm not sure. What I think happened is:

1/ You started a new game with universe A.
2/ You patched Mayhem to the new version, which comes with a new universe B (without Trans-Orbital gates).
3/ You E/I, but with a new universe B.

So you should look into X3\addon\maps and see if there's something called "x3_universe.xmlBackup". That should be your previous universe A with Trans-Orbital gates.

It shouldn't be a big problem to regenerate a new universe (C) and E/I though. Backgrounds won't be the same, but I think the rest will be ok, because almost everything is script-oriented in Mayhem.

asdx
x4

Post by asdx » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 16:47

So, I'm a touch confused how I'm supposed to outfit my OWP's. Checking here before I destroy the one I put up earlier.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 00:55

asdx wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 16:47
So, I'm a touch confused how I'm supposed to outfit my OWP's. Checking here before I destroy the one I put up earlier.
As the little tutorial message says: use a Transporter Device.

stardiis

Post by stardiis » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 12:11

BUG report: There was a abandoned Boron cargo ship. Once I claimed it, one of the nearby Splite battleship would turn hostile to me instantly. Born and Splite were not at war.
This bug happened few times when I claim some of the other abandoned ship.

Save file can be download below:
https://mega.nz/#!vWAwDKoZ!ReHmKBIMtXOZ ... EUgaJHloRI

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Post by olek_skilgannon » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 03:32

stardiis wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 12:11
BUG report: There was a abandoned Boron cargo ship. Once I claimed it, one of the nearby Splite battleship would turn hostile to me instantly. Born and Splite were not at war.
This bug happened few times when I claim some of the other abandoned ship.

Save file can be download below:
https://mega.nz/#!vWAwDKoZ!ReHmKBIMtXOZ ... EUgaJHloRI
I get this occasionally, I deal with it by checking if there are any stationary ships close by, if so they are locked onto that ship, and if you claim it, they agro.
I either move on or destroy the ship instead of claiming it to free up the ship locked onto it, though others on the forum have said to wait till the faction owning the ship leave the sector.

stardiis

Post by stardiis » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 12:50

[/quote]
I get this occasionally, I deal with it by checking if there are any stationary ships close by, if so they are locked onto that ship, and if you claim it, they agro.
I either move on or destroy the ship instead of claiming it to free up the ship locked onto it, though others on the forum have said to wait till the faction owning the ship leave the sector.
[/quote]
Destroying seems the best choice, saves time and generates loots if lucky.

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 18:16

hey guys I am stuck, not sure what I am doing wrong.

I am using DA's from my sanctuary to distribute energy cells as well as silicon wafers to local factories, but it always says that they are waiting for destination import threshold, so they are basically just sitting there. I put the minimum % for import to 0 but they are not moving, I changed it as well to higher numbers as well. whats my mistake here? My sanctuary has e cells and i put minimum of stock to 0 for distribution. To get my factories stuff i use SA and couriers but i feel it would be easier with da's.

I could upload a save file if interested.

olek_skilgannon
x3ap

Post by olek_skilgannon » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 16:27

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Fri, 15. Feb 19, 18:16

I am using DA's from my sanctuary to distribute energy cells as well as silicon wafers to local factories, but it always says that they are waiting for destination import threshold, so they are basically just sitting there. I put the minimum % for import to 0 but they are not moving, I changed it as well to higher numbers as well. whats my mistake here? My sanctuary has e cells and i put minimum of stock to 0 for distribution. To get my factories stuff i use SA and couriers but i feel it would be easier with da's.

The way I do it, I use SA's to collect for the factories, I use DA's to collect for the sanctuary, if I get too much of a resource at the sanctuary, I set up some DA distribution jobs to traders for extra credits though I rarely have to buy anything, it has worked flawlessly, I currently have a maintenance bill of 4.2 million per hour and it's manageable, and all my sanctuaries have all the resources they need to churn out ships, lasers and shields.

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 13:03

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Fri, 15. Feb 19, 18:16

Are you adjusting the setting on the factory that the wares are being distributed? If you go to the the destination factory settings there is a option that says something like "Max to import for SA's and DA's"

xerxos
x3tc

Post by xerxos » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 08:39

Hi everyone,
I have played a lot LU and will try Mayhem now. The game looks.... different ;) Is there any documentation or guide for newbies? I have a lot of question but found no (good) answers. Thank you!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”