xenon shipyard - pretty invincible !

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kpla Keltak

xenon shipyard - pretty invincible !

Post by Kpla Keltak » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 22:02

so iv e taken action against the rampaging Xenon and reallocated a couple of sectors.
the last sector I want had a warf, numerous stations and defence platforms and a ship yard.

I have taken care of all but the shipyard. my flotilla of 17 oddys and a Zeus did ok with a bit of help from me.

the shipyard destroyed 10 of my brethren with ease and I was lucky to save 7 and the Zeus.

its quite annoying. they group up, fly into each other. they fly too close to the station instead of using long range weapons and missiles.

I've pulled some reserves and want to attack again but need a different strategy. there is a Xenon I hiding behind the station. I've tried goading it out but its clever and wont engage me in open space.
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

SPiDER
x4

Re: xenon shipyard - pretty invincible !

Post by SPiDER » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 22:17

OOS works best..probably not the answer you're looking for..but its how I did it in an ealier game 20 Behemoths 40 M and 80S medium and small ships were mainly lizard canon fodder.

Olfrygt

Post by Olfrygt » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 22:53

There are 2 ways to get it much easier.

1. Buy fighters S/M alot of them try to let them engage short before the L/XL ships are coming. They are "taking" the shots. U will lose most of them.

The other...feels like an exploit so ez it is.

Send all your ships to a location a few miles away, set all turrets on "destroy all enemys" get a fat fast ship like a nemesis and bait the drones to your fleet. Teleport out of sector and click attack on shipyard.....u will probably a S fighter or 2....OOS is even more broken then IS with fighters.

Funfact, the fighters dont even need weapons, i used the cheapest fightertyp without weapons to get it. The only thing they have todo is baiting the turrets.

If u have 150+ ships like me, u can simply abuse OOS and rightclick anything. It' wired and need some balancing aswell.
Last edited by Olfrygt on Thu, 14. Mar 19, 23:52, edited 2 times in total.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 22:58

My ititial approach to Xenon shipyards is to smash all small defence modules from very long range. I have a specially modified Phoenix Vanguard for the purpose which has main guns with a range of over 10km (i.e. purple mods improving projectile speed & lifetime). Once those are down I cautiously approach the large defence modules until L turrets open fire. After identifying the location of L turrets in this manner, I back off a bit & shoot until each of them are eliminated - generally there are 2 sets of 2, on the upper & lower surfaces of each large defence module.

At this point the shipyard only has M turrets left & I feel it's safe enough to call in the rest of the fleet, 4 more Phoenix Vanguards & a pair of Condor Vanguards with a full set of Plasma turrets on the underside & a couple of Osprey Sentinels (also armed with Plasma turrets) in the lower docks. I generally order the fleet to 'fly to' the part of the station with the most storage modules (they're quite well armed, but relatively quick to destroy) & commence the attack from that direction. Meanwhile I fly around the station eliminating remaining turrets, drawing as much fire onto my Phoenix as I can (to protect the others), retreating as necessary for shields to recharge.

That Xenon I certainly complicates matters. Not encountered that situation in my game so far. Guess in that situation, where it's too dangerous to attack both the I & the shipyard simultaneously I'd try to deal with the I first from 10km with sniper Phoenix. Would certainly take quite a while but, if it's not going to come out & be destroyed in open space, it may be the only safe way to eliminate it.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Fri, 15. Mar 19, 03:08

I cleared out Tharka's and matrix very early on in the game (just days before 2.0) and it was a cake walk for 12 destroyers and some Nemesis corvettes. Later I tried it again (post 2.0), same system on a save game that was about two weeks further into the game and I went in with 25 destroyers and a wing of torp Minotaur. Kited the drones out to a gauntlet of the destroyers with turrets set to attack all enemies and slowly whittled them down to just a few that would not leave the Warf. Made several runs with a 5 torp launcher Nemesis to take out as many guns a possible then sent in the Destroyers. 7 minutes later only 4 destroyers were left and none of the frigates or corvettes were left. The gun batteries on the all of the Warf mooring points with their sustained fire rate just shredded my destroyers with ease.

Needless to say I went back to the save game where I cleared out those systems prior to 2.0 and continued playing from there. The amount of time and preparation dealing with the crap AI controls and ships wandering off to wherever or getting stuck at the gates when trying to move a large fleet to a target made it all not worth the effort just to have all the ships destroyed. TBH, it is hardly worth the effort post 2.0 IMO because even if you manage to clear out one or two sectors the frequency of the spawns at the others just increases. Inanamus Zura was quickly overrun, the trading hub destroyed and 5 to 6 K's and an I continually sit at the gate from Bright Promise and shred everything that comes into Inanamus Zura. I put up a heavy defense platform right in front of the gate from IZ to Bright Promise and there are no less that 4 K hulks floating around the station at any given point.

This game seriously lacks any content diversity now. It is all about destroy or be destroyed and keep the industrial machine running to feed the fights. Very shallow creativity on the part of Egosoft IMO and like others have pointed out, the game offers very little incentive to continue playing after about two weeks depending on your time in game.

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Fri, 15. Mar 19, 15:46

Thanks for the replies everyone, enjoyed reading about your experiences.

I managed to destroy the shipyard with 2 oddy losses from a force of 27 oddys.
I managed to get the I to move just far enough away from the shipyard to destroy it with no losses, but then my Zeus decided to go walkabout and drifted in range of the merciless gun batteries of the shipyard. I removed all orders and assignment and told it to fly out but it ignored me....suicide mission....and was obliterated in less than 7 seconds even with teladi shields fitted.

OOS combat is not really for me. I always like to get involved so I can see what's happening and take part.

In memory of all those galant men who fought to the very end with no desertions the sector has now been renamed ' Loyal Sacrifice '
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 07:11

Kpla Keltak wrote:
Fri, 15. Mar 19, 15:46
Thanks for the replies everyone, enjoyed reading about your experiences.

I managed to destroy the shipyard with 2 oddy losses from a force of 27 oddys.
I managed to get the I to move just far enough away from the shipyard to destroy it with no losses, but then my Zeus decided to go walkabout and drifted in range of the merciless gun batteries of the shipyard. I removed all orders and assignment and told it to fly out but it ignored me....suicide mission....and was obliterated in less than 7 seconds even with teladi shields fitted.

OOS combat is not really for me. I always like to get involved so I can see what's happening and take part.

In memory of all those galant men who fought to the very end with no desertions the sector has now been renamed ' Loyal Sacrifice '
Good Job

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 08:03

Tried using a Gorgon with either missiles or torpedoes to strip the XEN L turrets off it? Once those are gone or at least mostly gone one can send in a pulse laser equipped fleet with a few Plasma to finish it off. Any that get rebuilt should be shot up pretty fast and the pulse laser fleet will remove the huge swarm of defence drones.

Out of sector you need a lot of Plasma. One needs to hit it hard and fast enough that all XL XEN turrets are removed from it before they deal too much damage to your fleet. Once they are gone its just a matter of time before the Shipyard is destroyed.

Jean Pagette
x4

Post by Jean Pagette » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 16:56

if your patience is high and your not running into a lot of xenon K ans I class destroyers then you can just systematically use the fast scouts with plasma cannons to initially engage with and send in your destroyers and bombers to mop up. use those 540 speed scout craft as a cheap diversion.

Also if your vanilla and really have some good aim just dumb-fire launchers on specific modules is effective. something magic about dumbfire and a well placed missile that is beautiful

Return to “X4: Foundations”