How do I edit savefile to remove build-storage skeleton

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

letsplay

How do I edit savefile to remove build-storage skeleton

Post by letsplay » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 12:59

‘Scoob’ mentioned in another thread that it is possible to edit the savegame file to remove the build-storage skeleton, which cannot be destroyed. Any tips on how to do this would be appreciated ie how to find the relevant entry. I had a quick look at the unzipped xml savefile and it is huge…...
I have the standard problem (it seems) of the teladi (in my case) constantly rebuilding a defence station that I continually destroy along with the build storage containers; but cannot destroy actual the build-storage skeleton.
No idea whether this is intended gameplay by Ego. but it gets tedious quickly.

blin25

Re: How do I edit savefile to remove build-storage skeleton

Post by blin25 » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 21:17

Each object. Even the NPS in the game has a number of the form ХХХ-NNN, this should help in the search. But note that most likely after editing the save game, the game will have the status modified..

letsplay

Post by letsplay » Fri, 15. Mar 19, 10:51

Thanks.
One of the nice things about X4 for me is the ability to use mods etc.

Not sure what the implications are for the game (a single player game) having modified status?
I have no intention of doing the venture thing.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 15. Mar 19, 11:39

letsplay wrote:
Fri, 15. Mar 19, 10:51
Not sure what the implications are for the game (a single player game) having modified status?
Having to figure out if some problem you're facing is in the game, or in the mods. That would be one.
But really, it's a historical thing. Long before Steam, or all this "social" gaming and even accessibility to the Internets, X kept up the competition spirit via in-game stats, that were only valid if you're not **modified**. You know, like some other arcade games. You could even upload your stats from the game and "compete" on this very forum.
But ventures now make this more complicated.

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Fri, 15. Mar 19, 13:52

The build storage has this code at the start of it. If you use notepad ++ it normally highlights the whole section if you click on buildstorages. It's easier to find if if you search for an ID of a ship in the vicinity and search backwards and forwards from there.

Code: Select all

<connection connection="buildstorages">
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”