[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Aranov
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.1 and ashipmod

Post by Aranov » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 15:55

Is 1.1 not save game compatible with saves made with 1.0?

The trader stations aren't showing up (used a cheat mod to revel the galaxy after searching for an hour), and the gate to the Teladi sector is still active.

Otherwise, I feel like invader ships could be built in the shipyard, that should slow them down. I changed that myself and they are still putting up a good fight.
That's just a suggestion.

Biggest gripe I'm having right now however is a symptom of egosoft's terrible AI. I doubt there is anything you can do, just thought I'd mention it.
The Ossains just beeline past my blockades, and seem utterly focused on laying waste to Silent Witness I and Hatikvah's Choice I.
Only when those sectors are under siege do they seem to spread out.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 16:14

Aranov wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 15:55
Is 1.1 not save game compatible with saves made with 1.0?

The trader stations aren't showing up (used a cheat mod to revel the galaxy after searching for an hour), and the gate to the Teladi sector is still active.

Otherwise, I feel like invader ships could be built in the shipyard, that should slow them down. I changed that myself and they are still putting up a good fight.
That's just a suggestion.

Biggest gripe I'm having right now however is a symptom of egosoft's terrible AI. I doubt there is anything you can do, just thought I'd mention it.
The Ossains just beeline past my blockades, and seem utterly focused on laying waste to Silent Witness I and Hatikvah's Choice I.
Only when those sectors are under siege do they seem to spread out.
It should compatible, strange.
The Gate to Teladi should be shutdown. The invader ships are build at shipyards only! Which jobs did you edit?
Maybe there was something wrong with the steam update process. :gruebel:

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 16:59

sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 16:14
The Gate to Teladi should be shutdown. The invader ships are build at shipyards only! Which jobs did you edit?
Ok, well I double checked, You are correct, Invaders are built in shipyards.
I remember seeing jobs named invader that had the shipyard flag set to false, but when I extracted the original cat file again the new files had it set to true. Very strange.
I'm using the files off Nexus, I don't like the Workshop auto-update.

As for the stations and gate, I'm clueless. The new sector is there, just none of the stations are. Tested with a save that never ran the mod and things worked.
Also made sure to delete any extracted files just in case, but they still didn't show.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 18:01

Aranov wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 16:59
sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 16:14
Ok, well I double checked, You are correct, Invaders are built in shipyards.
I remember seeing jobs named invader that had the shipyard flag set to false, but when I extracted the original cat file again the new files had it set to true. Very strange.
I'm using the files off Nexus, I don't like the Workshop auto-update.

As for the stations and gate, I'm clueless. The new sector is there, just none of the stations are. Tested with a save that never ran the mod and things worked.
Also made sure to delete any extracted files just in case, but they still didn't show.
I am working on a patch to fix the station issues.
Maybe, can you provide your savegame for some tests and analytics please?

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 18:23

I can provide a save if you want, any type you'd prefer? Before first loading this mod, Pre-1.1 or just one as-is?

I do use a number of other mods, but only ones that matter are:
faction_fix_pack and addons, from steam workshop
Jealousy ship mod, from nexus (My command ship, can just switch to another for a save)
And a map mod of my own creation, Haven't released it as I'm just not confidant enough in it.
Everything else SHOULD be cosmetic, or just new ship orders for my ships.

If you still want the save, I'll provide it and my map mod if needed via pm.

sco1981
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.12 and ashipmod

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 22:00

Version: 1.12:
- Fixed station spawn and sector takeover of triton
- Fixed Flagship script for R and Sanctuary

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 22:08

Aranov wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 18:23
I can provide a save if you want, any type you'd prefer? Before first loading this mod, Pre-1.1 or just one as-is?

I do use a number of other mods, but only ones that matter are:
faction_fix_pack and addons, from steam workshop
Jealousy ship mod, from nexus (My command ship, can just switch to another for a save)
And a map mod of my own creation, Haven't released it as I'm just not confidant enough in it.
Everything else SHOULD be cosmetic, or just new ship orders for my ships.

If you still want the save, I'll provide it and my map mod if needed via pm.
Can you please test the new version? If the problem still persist, then i would like to have your savegame. :)

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 23:51

sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 22:08
Can you please test the new version? If the problem still persist, then i would like to have your savegame. :)
Tested, Stations are up now. The Teladi Jumpgate remains a mystery, I'm assuming it'll be stuck in the save. Small price for awesome looking ships

Thank you for all your hard work on this mod!

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 09:05

Aranov wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 23:51
sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 22:08
Tested, Stations are up now. The Teladi Jumpgate remains a mystery, I'm assuming it'll be stuck in the save. Small price for awesome looking ships

Thank you for all your hard work on this mod!
Glad the stations are there now.
Can you test it with a new game, is the Teladi Gate open too?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 11:19

Version 1.13:
- Fixed Sucellus main weapon resources
- Fixed debug "tools" and messages

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 12:04

sco1981 wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 19, 11:19
Version 1.13:
- Fixed Sucellus main weapon resources
- Fixed debug "tools" and messages
What do you code all this with?
I seem to struggle with the XML formatting too much, it is nothing like Ruby,Python,LUA stuff I can actually make sense with.
I use VSCode but if you have a cheat sheet of modding for things like what does what and what interpreters mean that be great I want to get into to modding as I gave up after X3 due to the script language change just doing my head in with how things need to be re-stated per script. So without a code complete/ Func lookup I probably won't bother.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 16:15

sco1981 wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 19, 09:05
Glad the stations are there now.
Can you test it with a new game, is the Teladi Gate open too?
With a new game, the Teladi gate set is deactivated and non-functional.

turosp
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.13 and ashipmod

Post by turosp » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 10:10

In my game the Behemoth's at Argon Prime Wharf cost 55k (yes, k) Credits, all the other destroyers are at their normal prices (even the ANT Wharf Behemoths). Could you guys check your games if it's a wide present bug or just a local one for me?

Additionally, maybe you have encoutered something like this, so I share it aswell: every time when I repel a small ORA task force (Cerberus + Nova or Eclipse) in Holy Vision I lose reputation with HOP. I identified a HOP Patrol consisting of an Odysseus and two Theseus' which always report the conflict as a station attack. Since every report came from this group I wanted to hunt them down and was able to get the two fighters but when I went after the destroyer it disappeared then reappeard at a differnet location with the same call sign and the two fighters were with it again.

I read about such a bug in vanilla game, where i.e. pirate raiders changed faction during fight and resulted in reputation loss eventho they were pirates at the start of the fight. As for the "teleport" I have no idea what caused it.

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 14:13

turosp wrote:
Mon, 15. Apr 19, 10:10
In my game the Behemoth's at Argon Prime Wharf cost 55k (yes, k) Credits, all the other destroyers are at their normal prices (even the ANT Wharf Behemoths). Could you guys check your games if it's a wide present bug or just a local one for me?

Additionally, maybe you have encoutered something like this, so I share it aswell: every time when I repel a small ORA task force (Cerberus + Nova or Eclipse) in Holy Vision I lose reputation with HOP. I identified a HOP Patrol consisting of an Odysseus and two Theseus' which always report the conflict as a station attack. Since every report came from this group I wanted to hunt them down and was able to get the two fighters but when I went after the destroyer it disappeared then reappeard at a differnet location with the same call sign and the two fighters were with it again.

I read about such a bug in vanilla game, where i.e. pirate raiders changed faction during fight and resulted in reputation loss eventho they were pirates at the start of the fight. As for the "teleport" I have no idea what caused it.

Sorry there I made a mistake the prices are normal without ROR and with ROR at ARG 50k, the ORA are not hostile to the HOP possible that it is so similar to the pirates in the Teladi sectors
Last edited by TSchmidtC on Mon, 15. Apr 19, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 14:15

turosp wrote:

Dunno about the conflict with HOP, but I can confirm the same issue with Behemoth Vanguards at Argon Prime. Not saying it's this mod, but I checked while I was playing and sure enough, only 55k for the hull.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 20:44

Aranov wrote:
Mon, 15. Apr 19, 14:15
turosp wrote:

Dunno about the conflict with HOP, but I can confirm the same issue with Behemoth Vanguards at Argon Prime. Not saying it's this mod, but I checked while I was playing and sure enough, only 55k for the hull.
I fixed this with the latest version.

TSchmidtC
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.131 and ashipmod

Post by TSchmidtC » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 09:30

Were it possible that the ability of the factions MK ships to build them the ability to defend themselves.When I play with ROR does not help me call the help function, ships, stations and sectors get no support, this effect I had too previously at the ashipmod and thought it was a mistake in the game. I only tried the Mod Fractions War and the Teladi destroyers build because they get overwhelmed by the xenon. The argons send destroyers to defend against the xenon. This does not happen anymore with ashipmod or ROR.
I try with my save before the mods.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 18:01

TSchmidtC wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 09:30
Were it possible that the ability of the factions MK ships to build them the ability to defend themselves.When I play with ROR does not help me call the help function, ships, stations and sectors get no support, this effect I had too previously at the ashipmod and thought it was a mistake in the game. I only tried the Mod Fractions War and the Teladi destroyers build because they get overwhelmed by the xenon. The argons send destroyers to defend against the xenon. This does not happen anymore with ashipmod or ROR.
Dunno what could the cause for this, but i don't think it is the mod, because you said, that you had this problem with ashipmod.
Ashipmod did add some ships, turrets, effects and such things only, but i didn't alter any factionlogic scripts.
Did you try it with all mods disabled but ashipmod or ror?

new version:
Version 1.2:
- Added some stations to ORA and TTC
- More possibilities to get missions for TTC to increase faction rank
- Added some civil ships to both
- removed debug sats

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 18:25

sco1981 wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 18:01
TSchmidtC wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 09:30
Dunno what could the cause for this, but i don't think it is the mod, because you said, that you had this problem with ashipmod.
Ashipmod did add some ships, turrets, effects and such things only, but i didn't alter any factionlogic scripts.
Did you try it with all mods disabled but ashipmod or ror?

new version:
Version 1.2:
- Added some stations to ORA and TTC
- More possibilities to get missions for TTC to increase faction rank
- Added some civil ships to both
- removed debug sats

I only used the ashipmod and then ROR and for the Test Fraction War, I was playing with the savegame in front of the mods today and the game is running again.
Thecrippler has also written that the argons do not build kamfships and in the egosoft forum you will not find this problem, many would have the problem if the mistake is in the game.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 19:57

TSchmidtC wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 18:25
I only used the ashipmod and then ROR and for the Test Fraction War, I was playing with the savegame in front of the mods today and the game is running again.
Thecrippler has also written that the argons do not build kamfships and in the egosoft forum you will not find this problem, many would have the problem if the mistake is in the game.
Building some vanilla ships is one thing, but you mentioned, that no response fleets come if some ship is beeing attacked.
Which submods of ashipmod and ror do you have acive?
Do you look at the shipyards, whether there are some queues of capital ships in there?
It is possible, that the factions shipyard don't have enough resources to built the capital ships.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”