[X3-TC] Will Factory from rival Faction cause issues with local Faction?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Celthon
x4

[X3-TC] Will Factory from rival Faction cause issues with local Faction?

Post by Celthon » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 19:43

Have only had this this game since 4-8-19, still have lots to learn...

While browsing through various guides and forum posts I read somewhere (but cannot find it now) that the Split race is enemies with Argon and Boron. If I bring a Split factory into Argon space or an Argon factory into Split space will it cause one or the other to attack the factory after I set it up...or once I set-up the factory is it no longer considered to be affiliated with the race it was purchased from?

If I hire a freighter to bring a Split factory to Argon space will the Split freighter be attacked by Argon ships or Boron ships as it passes through their sectors? (I will get my own ST-capable freighter later)

Thank you for your time and assistance.

jlehtone
x4

Re: [X3-TC] Will Factory from rival Faction cause issues with local Faction?

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 23:43

There are two hostile pairs:
* Boron vs Split
* Argon vs Paranid

There are two alliances:
* Argon-Boron
* Paranid-Split

A station/ship owned by you is yours; no affiliation to origin. There are, however, some illegal products. Those stations will be attacked, because they produce "bad stuff" in Faction space.

Would Boron cops attack a hired Split TL? That I cannot remember for sure. Overall, a TL is a good investment.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Celthon
x4

Post by Celthon » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 00:21

Thank you for the reply and information about the Alliances and hostile-pairs.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 01:13

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 19, 23:43
A station/ship owned by you is yours; no affiliation to origin. There are, however, some illegal products. Those stations will be attacked, because they produce "bad stuff" in Faction space.
Actually, stations that produce illegal wares are legal. Only ships with illegal goods will get attacked. It doesn't really make logical sense, but that's how it works.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 18:34

A Split freighter in Boron space MAY be attacked, but no guarantee. The local patrols will often let them pass through harmlessly, and I've seen large Paranid fleets pass through multiple Argon sectors without any interference. If the rival faction ship initiates combat by shooting at any other ships, it almost certainly WILL be attacked by any local police or military vessels in range. Technically, you could hire a Boron TL and have it carry a Boron factory to deploy in a Split sector, but that would risk having the ship attacked and your station destroyed along with it, if it's not placed almost immediately. Of course, you COULD hire the ship to deploy the factory, then attack (or board) the Boron ship in Split space to get a reputation boost with the Split (and a free TL), or vice versa, at the cost of reputation with the opposing faction.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 23:46

Hemmingfish wrote:
Mon, 15. Apr 19, 01:13
Actually, stations that produce illegal wares are legal. Only ships with illegal goods will get attacked. It doesn't really make logical sense, but that's how it works.
That was true for X2 and X3R. (I don't think that you could build Bliss/Distillery in Xbtf or X-Tension.)
The manuals state that NPC Distilleries have special license, a faction-controlled monopoly (that player can never get).

However, old thread about X3TC begs to differ about military letting you go.
X3AP has the same tale.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Red-Spot
x3ap

Post by Red-Spot » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 23:55

I have read about 'player owned stations producing illegal wares' getting attacked, but have never seen a trader get attacked cause it was transporting the wares, in X3.

Do wonder, and feared it so never tried it out, what would happen if I get a Paranid TL to move through Argon space. Seeing the factions go after traders and other random minor stuff from other factions I rather not risk it with a factory in the hold of the TL :)
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 01:57

Red-Spot wrote:
Mon, 15. Apr 19, 23:55
I have read about 'player owned stations producing illegal wares' getting attacked, but have never seen a trader get attacked cause it was transporting the wares, in X3.

Do wonder, and feared it so never tried it out, what would happen if I get a Paranid TL to move through Argon space. Seeing the factions go after traders and other random minor stuff from other factions I rather not risk it with a factory in the hold of the TL :)
I had some time to kill so I tried it out. Nothing I could do caused my hired Paranid TL get attacked by the Argon. I made it fly past various military ships and gun emplacements and nothing opened fire. The most interesting thing that happened was in Cloudbase SW where finally an Argon Military Cerberus took note and started flying towards the Hercules. Once it got kinda close (within 3km or so) the Cerberus jumped out.
So my conclusion would be not to worry about it. It seems like the AI knows the ship has been hired.

Red-Spot
x3ap

Post by Red-Spot » Tue, 16. Apr 19, 11:41

Thanks! That is good to know, even though I already have acquired 2 Mammoths since my restart :D
(Good to remember for the next playthrough.)
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”