All stations invincible at 93% hull

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

H E X E N

All stations invincible at 93% hull

Post by H E X E N » Wed, 1. May 19, 21:09

Title. Cannot kill any stations in my game. I would really like it if my 100 hours or so haven't been a complete waste of time.

Found this thread from long ago and it doesn't seem to have been resolved.

viewtopic.php?t=337866

Any help would be most appreciated.

*Edit*
Already verified steam files. Have both TC and AP installed.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: All stations invincible at 93% hull

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 1. May 19, 22:40

Hmm, that issue referred to in your linked thread was indeed discovered and patched out by the devs in update 3.1 in Sep 2013:

"3.1 Changelog - Fixed station invincibility bug"

That rather indicates that your save or game installation is somehow partially corrupt if it is still showing that old issue. As you have verified the game installation (I hope that was for each of X3TC and X3AP separately as they share files), I suspect that your save may have the problem. Can you go back to any earlier saves where this issue does not happen? Is your game (TC or AP) modded at all?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Wed, 1. May 19, 23:25

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 1. May 19, 22:40
That rather indicates that your save or game installation is somehow partially corrupt if it is still showing that old issue.
There were multiple invincibility bugs, and they weren't all fixed.

H E X E N

Post by H E X E N » Thu, 2. May 19, 14:43

So I'm pretty much ****** then.

Mega rant in X Trilogy Universe

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 2. May 19, 19:25

@ SirNukes: The issue introduced in 3.0 that meant an expanding wave of station invincibility that eventually led to all of them being affected (much as reported by the OP) was indeed fixed in 3.1. (I suffered from it and remember it well!) Yes, there were other lesser station invincibility issues, but they were not all-pervasive and tended to be restricted to one or a few stations, specific types of stations or very limited regions. They were usually the result of specific plot chapters or missions not clearing up properly afterwards.

We still don't know if the OP's game (TC or AP) is somehow modded etc nor whether earlier saves don't see the issue.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

don911058
x4

Post by don911058 » Fri, 31. May 19, 05:04

I'm running the current version on Steam unmodded, and I have the station invincibility problem (and I just started the game within a year). I noticed this first when I was trying to do the "Solar Shock Wave" achievement by destroying an SPP. I found out that shields will go down but hull will only go down a little and stop (90 something percent). So I checked more and this is throughout my game, either mine or other race stations can't be destroyed. I was always wondering why a Pirate Base in Hatikvah's Faith was always surrounded by Commonwealth ships throughout my game time, and checking closely reveals it being constantly attacked and not getting destroyed.

There is one exception, the Xenon station in X347 get destroyed regularly by Teladi and my M2 patrols during OOS, and get's spawned back in of course. Station Invincibility seems to still be a problem for some and I'm really not worried about it now, but it does limit my game play actions and hope my future games don't have the same issue.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”