Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 6. May 19, 22:45

If you're reading this, you are losing profits.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 11. May 19, 17:19

Hey all :)

I started a new game the other day after burning out a bit testing X4. It's great as always but I ran into a slight issue which may well be a vanilla one but I thought I'd ask.

Basically, I had the good fortune of finding a bailed Magnetar quite early-game. So I repaired it up and was planning to load it up with the appropriate equipment and have it help me recover bailed ships. I asked a freshly claimed bail to dock at the Magnetar, but said Magnetar did not show up as a valid docking target. I checked it for any docked ships - it didn't list any - so I was a little puzzled. On closer inspection, i.e. actually viewing the ship with the F3 camera, I noticed it appeared to have a Fighter Drone in each of the four docking bays! Never seen that before. I manually transfer the Fighter Drones - there were seven in all - to another ship, yet the issue persisted, along with the Fighter Drones visually still appearing to be docked.

I've never seen this issue before, yet have been running the same build since the last Litcube mod update. I ended up selling the Magnetar, but wondered if any one had any knowledge of this bug, in case it occurs again - I regularly equip my TM's with a few Fighter Drones.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 12. May 19, 10:32

Never heard about that one...

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 12. May 19, 13:37

No, totally new to me too. I've had loads of TM's - plenty of them Magnetars with Drones - bail over various games, but have never seen this.

Another new one I spotted last night...

I have an Advanced Nav. Sat. viewing an OCV captured sector. However, when an allied fleet attacks said sector - while I'm viewing it remotely - none of the OCV combat ships ever move. They shoot when attacked evidently as they do kill the allied fleet eventually, but without the ability to swarm the larger ships they take more losses than you'd expect. If I fly in-sector, they appear to work just fine.

To be clear, this is a build from when the last Litcube update came out, so v1.72 almost three years ago, it's been unchanged so I cannot figure why it's behaving a bit differently. The only thing I've done different is the game start. I usually go for the TS with M5's start, but this time I started with just the M5, but I cannot see how that would lead to these issues.

Other than these oddities, the game is running just fine.

Scoob.

ShadowRouge

Post by ShadowRouge » Tue, 14. May 19, 17:25

So i have a problem im late game in and i have lots of 5 star marine tried to board a q and nothing as soon as they get in they die automaticlly i then try to send the max which is 8 accordin to the ship comprendium and nothing die to fast and when i check it says marine in boarding op 5 but list nothing there. Also in a xenon sector in sector my petranadon was sent to attack a shipyard and gets close but does nothing just stalls there. Is my game broken? :? :sceptic:

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 15. May 19, 15:47

Hey,

Another observation, wondering if it's just me...

I bought the Ozias TL ship to make life easier recovering bailed TS-class ships. However, I noticed that my Heavy Hydra can also dock at this ship, so I assumed that would be true of ALL M6-Class ships. However, I just had a Pirate Centaur bail, I captured it (Remote Control Software) yet the Ozias is not listed as a valid dock target - yet my Heavy Hydra can be ordered to dock at will.

Is there something I'm missing here? Surely docking is allowed / restricted by Class, so how can some ships of a given class dock fine, while others cannot?

Scoob.

Malbaro27

Post by Malbaro27 » Thu, 16. May 19, 11:59

i have 2 station, one for silicon second is solar pannel connected with L cristal, i need script for moving battery and silicon,only way to do is manually programming courer? I planning bilding more ore stations. is there more better script to do automaicaly process

BlackBirdLT
x4

Post by BlackBirdLT » Fri, 17. May 19, 20:19

Hi guys,
After playing vanilla AP I decided to try LU but got into a strange issue. When ingame, it's as if the keyboard gets hypersensitive. Any click is as tens of clicks. I tried unplugging the keyboard but the issue remains. No issues in Main Menu though. Anyone know would could be wrong and how to solve this? Thanks!
EDIT: I thing I fixed it. The issue was with auto-added AP Bonus Package DLC in Steam. Once I reinstalled with it disabled, everything's working fine now.
On top of that does anyone know if you can attach play time counting to steam's AP version? For bragging rights :)
EDIT2: I think I managed to figure this one out too. I deleted everything from Steam X3 terran conflict folder (but not the folder itself). Copy-pasted everything from LU folder to Steam folder. Added "-language 44" to launch options and disabled cloud sync just in case. Now I can launch LU through steam, track gameplay time and use steam overlay :) No issues detected so far.

Drengor
x4

Post by Drengor » Sat, 25. May 19, 22:20

I am uncertain how the counterattacks are supposed to work. I received a message that a counterattack was going to happen in 10 minutes and to meet the fleet in the center of the next center... upon jumping there, there is no fleet, just a couple transports and a couple m5s flying around minding their own business. I wait, and when 10 minutes have passed, try flying into tokyo lambda... there is an OCV fleet and base... no commonwealth fleet. I'm unsure what was supposed to happen, but nothing seems to have happened.

alganith
x3ap

Post by alganith » Mon, 3. Jun 19, 02:39

hey guys quick question!

I am unable to download the base LU 1.7.1 off of the wiki tried it on 2 different PCs download will fail anywhere between 120mb to 244mb

anyone else having this issue?

amoe
x4

Post by amoe » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 10:17

Playing LU (which I am a total newbie to) and I am wondering what is a good way to supply player stations.

In vanilla X3AP with Bonus Pack I mostly used CAG or 'Sell wares'. At the moment I just have 1 BoGas station, and 1 freighter. I looked at the Trade > Freighter option, but I can't work out what it does.

I want a basic method of buy/sell wares that's 1 step more automated than doing manual commands on the ship.

XenonArchitect7

Re:

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 07:33

agleave wrote:
Tue, 16. Dec 14, 21:32
Just on the message bug issue, I noticed now (has been happening for a while, but didnt really bother me) that my TS ships when I set them to "collect ware in any sector" go and do the job but now when they're finished they just report back a blank message. In the past, the message would state what ship was leaving the message ... now its just a message from unknown.

Fortunately I usually only have one or two ships performing this task so I just look to see if they're idle or not .....

Can't say for sure how long its been going on for, but a while. Dunno if anyone else has had that issue. Not a game breaker, though.
Hey there I have also had this problem. Does anyone else get the error message problem with LU scripts/commands sending you blank messages called "Message From: Unknown" all the time? For example, when your reap shuttle finishes collecting wares, it always sends a blank message. It also happens whenever a dock agent stops working due to no fuel or something. I have always had this issue throughout years of playing LU, across many different installations, new playthroughs, and even on different computers. Basically, the error codes contained in the text file "8383-L044.xml" refuse to load, and send a blank message instead. I don't think it is an issue with "Lib.Gen.ErrorCode.Message.xml" because the script is still correctly sending the messages in the first place. It makes it quite difficult to keep track of all your ships stopping their functions because I usually have them hidden from the property menu, and the blank message doesn't help narrow it down.

D2rkst1r
x3tc

Post by D2rkst1r » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 21:01

I don't know if this is an installation problem or a change I missed in the latest patch but I recently started a X3LU playthrough and made my way to Saturn 3 so I could price different SCH. Only problem is there was no station present that was offering SCH to be purchased. I was able to spawn SCH's in through the script editor so I know they are present and working in the game, but the place to buy them is missing?

Greg_G
xr

Re:

Post by Greg_G » Sat, 13. Jul 19, 03:39

BlackArchon wrote:
Wed, 16. Sep 15, 22:35
Then use Smart Turrets, god damnit!
Did you continue to have success with Smart Turrets in Litcube's Universe? I was considering installing it despite finding no one else confirming compatibility. Thanks!

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 13. Jul 19, 08:23

I haven't used Smart Turrets since 2015. Back then the weapon switching mechanic on the player ship worked fine, but I haven't tested or used the other features.

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Sat, 13. Jul 19, 18:31

BlackArchon wrote:
Sat, 13. Jul 19, 08:23
I haven't used Smart Turrets since 2015. Back then the weapon switching mechanic on the player ship worked fine, but I haven't tested or used the other features.
Okay thanks. I just thought I'd check. I was just hoping to get weapon switching on player owned but AI piloted ships to auto-switch which doesn't seem to happen in LU even when that feature is enabled on the custom turret prioritizations (e.g. Alpha, Beta, Gamma).

seemax1991
x4

Post by seemax1991 » Mon, 15. Jul 19, 17:38

SOLVED

If your language is not english by default in steam, steam version of X3 will install only the audio and video files which are in line with your steam language (windows main system language).
Inbefore doing a clean install as described by the LUwiki, make sure to change the language of the game installed by steam via the right click menue -> language -> english. It the will download the ...44 files.
Continue with the installation as per LUwiki.

(Possible) Bug Report

LU: 1.7.2
Mods (only LU list):
* Text improvements viewtopic.php?t=380493
* Repairlaser rate http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=381439
* Qick Wings http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=373350
* GNS http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=380718
* Ship Browser http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 44#4527544
* Satellite Monitoring http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=380611
* Jourbarbian Toolkit viewtopic.php?t=387959

Issue:
Music is a very loud white noise until disabled to 0%
Computervoice only for 1 or 2 actions
Station annoucements can not be heard only the gong
Effect sound do work like expected

AFAIK I did not tinker with anything beyond installation instructions
Last edited by seemax1991 on Mon, 15. Jul 19, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
In for the long run

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 15. Jul 19, 17:45

Not coming from LU. You did something wrong with your install (or you're on Linux, or something something...). Codecs problem maybe. Is your computer 100 years old?

seemax1991
x4

Post by seemax1991 » Mon, 15. Jul 19, 23:18

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 15. Jul 19, 17:45
Not coming from LU. You did something wrong with your install (or you're on Linux, or something something...). Codecs problem maybe. Is your computer 100 years old?
Correct, request edited with solution.
In for the long run

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”