[X3TC] Problems with boarded TLs containing stations (or not)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

RainerPrem
x4

[X3TC] Problems with boarded TLs containing stations (or not)

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 14. May 19, 05:24

Long Time no T-see,

Browsing my map I found three Herculeses travelling through Gunnes Retreat. I jumped into my Cobra, successfully boarded the first one (containing a station). I retrieved my marines, and boarded the second one as well (no station on board). I installed jump drives in both and sent them to dock at Lucky Planets shipyard. The third TL rammed the southern gate, before I could board it.

Suddenly I noticed that my two TLs were NOT docking at the shipyard, instead heading for the next gate. I ordered them to dock again, and this time it worked, only they undocked IMMEDIATELY and went hunting for the nearest gate again.

So I decided to pilot them myself. I jumped into Lucky Planets and ...

NOTHING. Black Screen, 100% CPU, needed to use the Task manager to kill the game.

Is that a know bug?

X3TC, actual Steam version + Bonuspack, Pure vanilla, Never ever modded.

cu
Rainer

PS: I can provide several savegames of this situation if it helps.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [X3TC] Problems with boarded TLs containing stations (or not)

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. May 19, 15:22

Did you give them the ship order 'none' before giving the dock command? If not, you are fighting for priority with their original NPC jobs commands. In the past, conflict of equal priority orders for capital ships has been known to cause CTDs or freezes in X3 games.

Also the TL with the station will move heaven and earth to try to build it where it has been told to and not go where you want it to. Have fun!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: [X3TC] Problems with boarded TLs containing stations (or not)

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 15. May 19, 08:05

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 14. May 19, 15:22
Did you give them the ship order 'none' before giving the dock command? If not, you are fighting for priority with their original NPC jobs commands. In the past, conflict of equal priority orders for capital ships has been known to cause CTDs or freezes in X3 games.

Also the TL with the station will move heaven and earth to try to build it where it has been told to and not go where you want it to. Have fun!
I gave them "None" several times. In the meantime I even managed to jump into one of the ships and tried to stop it manually. No chance.

One of those already built its station and seems to go for another one; the other, which was empty, now has a station on board. For now I just follow their adventures in astonishment.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”