[MOD] [AP] LxXRM 3.1 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 06.10.2019]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

michtoen
x3

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 2.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 28.04.2019]

Post by michtoen » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 11:21

Eriodas wrote:
Sat, 1. Jun 19, 23:07
I think i finally got the culprit of my crashing problems... the repair laser factories.

Y loaded the last save of my game (the one close to the inminent crash), and disable some mods in the Artificial life settings. The ones that i keep were the ones that i did not enable in previous games (like pirate guild and Yaki armada) and the game did not crash were it supposed to. I'm still testing though, need to play for at least another 5 ingame days to be sure xD.
Ok... please go on with testing- indeed i activated that only in my new gameplay.

But i know the mod and used it fine in the past.
So, if that is the problem, it must be a side effect with some older mods.

I did not love how that mod works together with LxXRM anyway, so perhaps i look for an own solution here.

jasii100
x4

Re: [MOD] [AP] LxXRM 2.0 - Lucike XRM Resurrection Modding Package [updated 28.04.2019]

Post by jasii100 » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 23:44

I just want to say thanks! I am another X4 buyer who is underwhelmed by what it has to offer so far - got it in my head to go back to X3AP, either XRM or LU, both of which I've enjoyed immensely over the years. When I stumbled across LxXRM, I was overjoyed. And it is indeed impressive...brings a whole new perspective, approach and flavor to a new game start. Well done!

How amazing is this game? Not many games out there with such staying power. And it is largely because of people like you and those whose mods you've assembled with your own work here, who we mere players owe a debt of gratitude to.

Starjazer
x3ap

Post by Starjazer » Thu, 6. Jun 19, 12:23

Hi, michtoen!
Thank you very much for your nice work, bro! It made me very happy. :) There are a few questions.
1. How to make all fonts and menus larger? In high resolution, everything is so small now that I will soon become completely blind (I am 57 years old and I do not see well in the menu even with glasses). When installing, the option of a large font was turned on (tahoma 13), but I see no differences with what was in the original game. Is the font larger?
2. All ships in my game began to fly slower than it was in XRM. For example, my starting Sirokos flies at a speed of 205 m/s (maxed), and in the past it flew 256 m/s. All other ships also reduced speed proportionally. How should it be real in the new game?
3. At the beginning of the game it is almost impossible to buy shields and weapons for the ships. They are simply not available, even transports are very difficult to wear. Abandoned ships also stand idle, because for them there is absolutely no equipment. I am saved only by barter, but this is not at all interesting and should not be so. Can this be somehow changed?
TVM for you help!
WBR, Vyacheslav.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Thu, 6. Jun 19, 19:46

Starjazer wrote:
Thu, 6. Jun 19, 12:23
Hi, michtoen!
Thank you very much for your nice work, bro! It made me very happy. :) There are a few questions.
1. How to make all fonts and menus larger? In high resolution, everything is so small now that I will soon become completely blind (I am 57 years old and I do not see well in the menu even with glasses). When installing, the option of a large font was turned on (tahoma 13), but I see no differences with what was in the original game. Is the font larger?
2. All ships in my game began to fly slower than it was in XRM. For example, my starting Sirokos flies at a speed of 205 m/s (maxed), and in the past it flew 256 m/s. All other ships also reduced speed proportionally. How should it be real in the new game?
3. At the beginning of the game it is almost impossible to buy shields and weapons for the ships. They are simply not available, even transports are very difficult to wear. Abandoned ships also stand idle, because for them there is absolutely no equipment. I am saved only by barter, but this is not at all interesting and should not be so. Can this be somehow changed?
TVM for you help!
WBR, Vyacheslav.
1. thats not that easy to do. You can either remove everything what is in "000 - Base/X3AP_COPYME" - which will make the game show the default UI or set a smaller resolution for the game at all in the gfx card settings.

2. The speed is adjusted by some of the used mods, i did nothing by myself. But for all capital ships are now variants - some are faster as the default, some have more shield. Anyway, 256 for a M7 Frigate, the 3rd largest standard ship class, is to much. There are M3 which are slower. Which makes not that much sense. I assume that are the reasons. The overall ship speed is more or less the same.

3. Well, that not different as in the vanilla game. But why should anyone except some pirates sell you military hardware ? You can't go around in real life to and say "hey, i need some cruise missile for my next raid - anyone?". But if you look around in the shipyards you will see that you can buy factories which will build weapons, missiles and shields.

In fact is THAT the goal of the game - to build up the infrastructure to arm you fleet.

You will notice that you can't buy factories for some xenon or Khaak weapons, which makes it impossible to fit out every bailed out ship. So, you have to collect here the weapons from the bails and use the ships you can't fit out for selling. Be creative.

But anyway - if you repair the bailed ships and sell them, you can make money ALOT faster as in vanilla. Which you will need, because if you activate some of the invasion scripts, you will need alot money and resources to build up a fleet.

Starjazer
x3ap

Post by Starjazer » Thu, 6. Jun 19, 22:05

michtoen wrote:
Thu, 6. Jun 19, 19:46
Starjazer wrote:
Thu, 6. Jun 19, 12:23
Hi, michtoen!
TVM for you help!
WBR, Vyacheslav.
1. thats not that easy to do. You can either remove everything what is in "000 - Base/X3AP_COPYME" - which will make the game show the default UI or set a smaller resolution for the game at all in the gfx card settings.

2. The speed is adjusted by some of the used mods, i did nothing by myself. But for all capital ships are now variants - some are faster as the default, some have more shield. Anyway, 256 for a M7 Frigate, the 3rd largest standard ship class, is to much. There are M3 which are slower. Which makes not that much sense. I assume that are the reasons. The overall ship speed is more or less the same.

3. Well, that not different as in the vanilla game. But why should anyone except some pirates sell you military hardware ? You can't go around in real life to and say "hey, i need some cruise missile for my next raid - anyone?". But if you look around in the shipyards you will see that you can buy factories which will build weapons, missiles and shields.

In fact is THAT the goal of the game - to build up the infrastructure to arm you fleet.

You will notice that you can't buy factories for some xenon or Khaak weapons, which makes it impossible to fit out every bailed out ship. So, you have to collect here the weapons from the bails and use the ships you can't fit out for selling. Be creative.

But anyway - if you repair the bailed ships and sell them, you can make money ALOT faster as in vanilla. Which you will need, because if you activate some of the invasion scripts, you will need alot money and resources to build up a fleet.
Thanks for the answer!
1. "000 - Base/X3AP_COPYME" - no such files/directories in my installations, so can't examine this one.
2. Ok, 205 m/c is a nice speed for M6 ships. But it is less than XRM ships speed. I dont know why. http://blubb.najut.org/x3/xrm/ships_en_xrm.html
3. I'm sorry, but In the standard XRM game, I used barter only to arm an exotic ships. And there are not even small shields here, even for explorer ships I must search for 1mj shields, the same applies to TS - cant find 25/200mj shields. What kind of "EQUIPMENT docks" are such that they only have 0 or 1 piece of shields and 1 or 2 pieces of some unnecessary weapons, not even mosquitoes. That's just funny! Absolutely empty docks, you can not even buy a lasers for miners.

jasii100
x4

Post by jasii100 » Fri, 7. Jun 19, 00:32

I am noticing an issue with combining stations I've ordered using Hephaistos Corp. The stations are placed beautifully when the Heph order completes, but when I try to join them using standard complex construction kit, the hub / docking platform does not appear where I place it. It pops up kilometers away, with a very long connecting tube to the stations. I am 100 percent positive I am placing it close to the station - inverting the axis to be sure x, y and z placement is what I want, as well as confirming visually. But when I execute the command, it spawns 10 or 15 kilometers away from where I tried to put it. Is this expected behavior?

LordRaph
x4

Post by LordRaph » Fri, 7. Jun 19, 11:50

I think you can try switching off Bounce before placing it down, maybe that causes the misplacement?

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Fri, 7. Jun 19, 18:05

LordRaph wrote:
Fri, 7. Jun 19, 11:50
I think you can try switching off Bounce before placing it down, maybe that causes the misplacement?
As i remember right you have to use the FCC to put the stations on a spot. The normal "drop station" cmd will trigger the safe space.

Insigar
x4

Post by Insigar » Fri, 7. Jun 19, 18:29

jasii100 wrote:
Fri, 7. Jun 19, 00:32
I am noticing an issue with combining stations I've ordered using Hephaistos Corp. The stations are placed beautifully when the Heph order completes, but when I try to join them using standard complex construction kit, the hub / docking platform does not appear where I place it. It pops up kilometers away, with a very long connecting tube to the stations. I am 100 percent positive I am placing it close to the station - inverting the axis to be sure x, y and z placement is what I want, as well as confirming visually. But when I execute the command, it spawns 10 or 15 kilometers away from where I tried to put it. Is this expected behavior?
I remember this always happening with these things. But you can use the Factory Complex Constructor to move the hub to a position you like.

Starjazer
x3ap

Post by Starjazer » Fri, 7. Jun 19, 19:02

I tried to calculate the Saturn Complex Hub (teladi 25 IRE), but the calculator froze the game at the end. Check it out please, although I think this is something wrong with my installation. Now I deleted everything and install the game again, along with the Monster Ship Pack.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 01:04

Starjazer wrote:
Fri, 7. Jun 19, 19:02
I tried to calculate the Saturn Complex Hub (teladi 25 IRE), but the calculator froze the game at the end. Check it out please, although I think this is something wrong with my installation. Now I deleted everything and install the game again, along with the Monster Ship Pack.
Huch? Any mod which alters the ships, docks, wrecks of jobs will break the install - you can be sure it will go corrupt. No way to recover the save then.
Except you did what i did - merge all the types files and adjust the jops and spawn scripts by hand - and then play test it for weeks.
Which means you create an extension mod for LxXRM then.

The mix of LxXRM is so special because i merged stuff which was exclusive at that point - because they altered the same stuff.
I merged that but it means of course its now exclusive by its own. Do not even try to add in XRM extensions to LxXRM for example.

Delete your game and resintall it without any additional stuff, except you are sure they do sane stuff. I skipped mods like dynamic coloring the the universe map or LIFE for a reason. They all have some bogus stuff included like spawing invisible ships or stations to store data and such. That is how they broke the vanilla borders. Half of the other scripts included in LxXRM will not care about that (because its a hack from that mod using a vanilla hole) and use or alter that invisible stations and start to corrupt the game.
LxXRM is somewhat out modded except for clean scripts, which makes sense because its somewhat complete in terms of mods and adding now something bigger and fundamental will with a high chance overwrite ort collide with something already installed.

Starjazer
x3ap

Post by Starjazer » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 12:11

Dear brother! I really appreciate and respect your work, just for me it's just a game, because the cosmos does not exist in reality. I can easily start all over again, no problem. I'm trying to test your wonderful work with the work of other good people who have made the Enigma and MSP. I am willing to be a tester here as a retired geek. :) MSP is a great major (so many nice ships!) addition to the LxXRM and I think it would be great to combine them. Try it and you will like it! :)
I hug you like a brother! (Yes, we are all brothers, but many people just do not know this - since childhood they are inspired by something completely different, but this is necessary ...).

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 14:14

Starjazer wrote:
Sat, 8. Jun 19, 12:11
Dear brother! I really appreciate and respect your work, just for me it's just a game, because the cosmos does not exist in reality. I can easily start all over again, no problem. I'm trying to test your wonderful work with the work of other good people who have made the Enigma and MSP. I am willing to be a tester here as a retired geek. :) MSP is a great major (so many nice ships!) addition to the LxXRM and I think it would be great to combine them. Try it and you will like it! :)
I hug you like a brother! (Yes, we are all brothers, but many people just do not know this - since childhood they are inspired by something completely different, but this is necessary ...).
Sorry, did not mean it offensive - i am a tech guy, if i talk like this its just plain about the facts - think about like i stand on your side and we both watch the mess and what works and what not.

One goal i had was to hold LxXRM as lore friendly and "clean" as possible. Lucike and XRM fit on that side good together. In fact the scripts always fitted fine, i just merged his own fake mod stuff with XRM, which means technically that you merge the stuff in the /types sub folder like TShips and such. And then you adjust the scripts which fill up the universe like what spawns and such.

Enigma is fine but needs still a bit love, i will drop a new LxXRM update also soon (2.1). Adding the fixes in the missile safety scripts which was reported 2 pages before by a player.

When i should give an advise: Try LxXRM without any addition for the first time. Except you want play Xenon or Khaak, then you better install Enigma. But i suggest to play like a terran with TCAP , it gives you technically the comples TC + AP game. There is really so much in that you will very unlikely miss anything. The many variants from the X3 Customizer and the additional ships from Lucike really fit very well together and give alot fine differences. Like you fly around and at some point you see something like "hey, the teladi attacks here the pirates, see this Split trying to fight both. but they will lose this, they attacked with the Raider variants, typical Split - fast and firepower, but they will need more shield to overcome the heavy Teladi ships. Would they have used Sentinal variants they would win this."

I really like that fine differences and LxXRM can deliver that to some point.

But if you overload the game with ships and all it will not come out that clear.

jasii100
x4

Post by jasii100 » Sat, 8. Jun 19, 15:09

michtoen wrote:
Fri, 7. Jun 19, 18:05
LordRaph wrote:
Fri, 7. Jun 19, 11:50
As i remember right you have to use the FCC to put the stations on a spot. The normal "drop station" cmd will trigger the safe space.
I played around with it and found it placed the the docking module where I told it to if I moved it a bit farther from the complex stations. So this "safe space" you mention makes sense...seems if the dock is too close, it gets automatically pushed WAAAAY out :)

I will try using FCC for fine tuning placement. Thanks again.

arbarbonif
x3ap

Post by arbarbonif » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 23:55

You can find equipment is relative bulk in the <CorporationName> Weapons Dealers. The corporation name is the added corp for that race in XRM (Split is Strong Arms for instance). Each weapon dealer is either M (specializing in small ship weapons/shields) or L (specializing in capital ships). For instance there is an Argon one in Power Circle and a Paranid one in Empire's Edge. There is also a roving Strong Arms XL which stocks massive numbers of, I believe, everything.

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 05:59

arbarbonif wrote:
Mon, 10. Jun 19, 23:55
You can find equipment is relative bulk in the <CorporationName> Weapons Dealers. The corporation name is the added corp for that race in XRM (Split is Strong Arms for instance). Each weapon dealer is either M (specializing in small ship weapons/shields) or L (specializing in capital ships). For instance there is an Argon one in Power Circle and a Paranid one in Empire's Edge. There is also a roving Strong Arms XL which stocks massive numbers of, I believe, everything.
Yeah almost everything... it doesn't sell Khaak weapons sadly, i am currently searching in all stations i dock for a Barter merchant that sells those.. mostly the Beta kyons, but if i find Gamma i'll buy them without thinking just in casr i got my hands on a pretty Khaak Adv. Destroyer.

But if you need Xenon weapons or any other racem you can find them there.. if you find the structure xD

Starjazer
x3ap

Post by Starjazer » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 11:45

michtoen wrote:
Sat, 8. Jun 19, 14:14
Sorry, did not mean it offensive - i am a tech guy, if i talk like this its just plain about the facts - think about like i stand on your side and we both watch the mess and what works and what not.

One goal i had was to hold LxXRM as lore friendly and "clean" as possible. Lucike and XRM fit on that side good together. In fact the scripts always fitted fine, i just merged his own fake mod stuff with XRM, which means technically that you merge the stuff in the /types sub folder like TShips and such. And then you adjust the scripts which fill up the universe like what spawns and such.

Enigma is fine but needs still a bit love, i will drop a new LxXRM update also soon (2.1). Adding the fixes in the missile safety scripts which was reported 2 pages before by a player.

When i should give an advise: Try LxXRM without any addition for the first time. Except you want play Xenon or Khaak, then you better install Enigma. But i suggest to play like a terran with TCAP , it gives you technically the comples TC + AP game. There is really so much in that you will very unlikely miss anything. The many variants from the X3 Customizer and the additional ships from Lucike really fit very well together and give alot fine differences. Like you fly around and at some point you see something like "hey, the teladi attacks here the pirates, see this Split trying to fight both. but they will lose this, they attacked with the Raider variants, typical Split - fast and firepower, but they will need more shield to overcome the heavy Teladi ships. Would they have used Sentinal variants they would win this."

I really like that fine differences and LxXRM can deliver that to some point.
But if you overload the game with ships and all it will not come out that clear.
Thanks for the explanation! I play a little differently. My soul does not lie in the game for terran, for me there is too boring at the beginning - far from everyone, there is no diversity in missiles and weapons. I always start from the Legend's Home sector on the M6 ship ("OTAS operative"). And when I saw how big and well-drawn ships from the MSP are good and there is a large selection of excellent M6 for the player (for me!), my soul enjoyed it very much and I stayed with them despite possible bugs. So, I play LxXRM now (nice one!), I played a lot in XRM (>1500 hours) and not so much LU. I like everyone! :)
Thank you, bro!

dvr89
x3tc

Post by dvr89 » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 14:57

This looks amazing! Really looking forward to it! However, is it possible the download link is not working? Looks like I can't access it with chrome or edge.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 20:15

dvr89 wrote:
Tue, 11. Jun 19, 14:57
This looks amazing! Really looking forward to it! However, is it possible the download link is not working? Looks like I can't access it with chrome or edge.
Should work again.

dvr89
x3tc

Post by dvr89 » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 21:04

michtoen wrote:
Tue, 11. Jun 19, 20:15
dvr89 wrote:
Tue, 11. Jun 19, 14:57
Should work again.
Yes, it works! Thank you!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”