[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.2

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 9. Jul 19, 19:44

Please upload your savegame. I didn't test it on ships. Do you have a Transporter Device? This is mandatory.

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Tue, 9. Jul 19, 20:04

Yes, Courier 002 has a transporter device, I was using a manual courier setup with each mineral selected that worked great, but your new way is much easier.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1dv7k1rtvn3ioai/X03.sav?dl=0

dvenum
x3ap

Post by dvenum » Tue, 9. Jul 19, 20:35

'All' transfer works well on my TL mobile mining platforms.
I found, you may use TP, if you want to move only crystals and colored minerals. Because it have L cargo, it will don't load ore and silicon.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 9. Jul 19, 23:21

Yeah, that was a tricky one to fix, the cause being debugging code and error management. And weird code whose purpose I don't understand.

These scripts should fix it (without bringing other bugs...). They are also used by the Supply command and Miners. So if you've got a bug with these, please report.

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 01:44

Great fix Jourbarbe, works excellent now.

Unfortunately, after starting a new game yesterday, WITHOUT Trade Overview (JUST LU/Mayhem) - everything played great all day yesterday (many hours), and today for the most part, right up until the game froze again.

On both games (The save I provided a few pages back, and my current game) I used the Cheat menu to spawn some initial ships. After reading through the main Mayhem topic, it looks like there was a bug where spawning a Xenon ship to fight a Battlegroup caused a freeze. I didn't do this, but I wonder if they're related, was that bug fixed? Did the freeze happen immediately when spawning the cheat added ship?

I can't really pinpoint any actions that would be causing the freeze, in both games it happened as the OCV were preparing to invade, but not at any specific point. E/I don't seem to affect it, still freezing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxynfjtjnvmctdl/X10.sav?dl=0

I'm going to try destroying the ships that I cheated into the game and see if that helps.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 07:43

Yes it can be related. I never found the cause and never fixed it. The freeze does not happen immediately and is very unpredictable (ie. quite hard to reproduce).
I also found in your savegame that you have some global tasks running that shouldn't be there ("Lib.Gen.RunScriptWhenFinished"), which indicates that a script is trying to run but something is stuck, somewhere...

Unfortunately, the debugging tools are very limited in X3. When a command runs on a ship, that starts a loop that you cannot just modify once it's in cache. However, destroying a ship removes all cache scripts attached.

Also, try to deactivate your antivirus :) We never know. These things are nasty. After using Panda Antivirus (yeah) for more than a year, I realized a few months back that it was the cause of severe lags in some games, as well as some crash issues (Frostpunk wasn't launching at all). I doubt it comes from that, but you only need an antivirus when you're downloading weird torrents, or softwares that help you sleep with all the girls in your neighborhood.

dvenum
x3ap

Post by dvenum » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 09:50

Here is more saves with this freeze. I found, if you disable pirate invasion in settings (id=137), it continue. X03 freeze each time, X02 pass more often and sometimes I see working pirate invasion. In Hollow of Infinity, for ex.

Unstable freeze, 13 minutes earlier:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fof6vvzs72gu3z/X02.sav?dl=0

Stable freeze in 3 minutes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyd4fzsachidgjg/X03.sav?dl=0

This is game I started on Mayem 2.9.0, no cheats, no tricks or another scripts (ADS only installed), set last patch yesterday and played one or two hours before this freeze. When am trying to run invasion by hands, it works well. And what can be wrong, if you generate new ships and run them? Maybe this error related to existing battlegroup, what is coming to defense?

Offtop:
Today I found, peace is too easy and started new game. Should works without freeze on newgame, I suppose. Btw, how to increase OCV strength (threat factor)? I set double invasion time and started in alliance, but it can be more hard, I believe.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 10:48

Ok, I can't test games with ADS, unfortunately (freeze on load). However, can you test this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/05xgpcn0l2zze ... n.xml?dl=0 (replace in addon\scripts)
It may fix the thing, but the pirates won't do anything.

Offtop:
Alliance gamestarts are seriously harder. Otherwise, you've got line 66 that represents the delay between each threat automatic increment. And you can edit the OCV ship template in t\9973. No jumpdrive on line 102 can also drastically change how you play.

EDIT: On a second try, please try with that one also: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cczrksf4vupan ... n.xml?dl=0

dvenum
x3ap

Post by dvenum » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 13:08

Script from first your link make stable freeze. Second works well, but I changed version from 3 to 4, because both have this '3'.
Am not sure, how script versions works, when am loading the same savegame with cached '2' version. But without version changing, second script installed make no effect.

I started X03 savegame, what was stable freeze, six times and each time it works well.
Thanks for advices about playstyle options.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 13:16

Your savegame runs this script on version 2. So when you load it, the game restarts the script because the scripts I provided are both version 3.

So to make this clear, you're saying that it works with the second script I provided? (the one in the EDIT part of my post)

It would make sense if that's the case... (race logic is set to [FALSE], but it shouldn't freeze without that, and I don't know how the race logic works under the hood)

dvenum
x3ap

Post by dvenum » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 14:28

So, I tested it better.
1. tried to comment 'race logic = false', no effect.
2. tried to hardcode each pirate shipyard, no effect.

But:
Your unchanged script, maden by x-studio, next one from 'edit' section, freeze each time.
When I remove/insert empty line on this script and save it by ingame script editor, it stable each time.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 15:10

Ok, I'm lost now. What you've just said is not very clear...
In your previous post, you said about the second script, "Second works well". Now "Your unchanged script, maden by x-studio, next one from 'edit' section, freeze each time". So on the two scripts I've provided, none of them fixes the freeze?

I'm now starting to think that ADS is responsible. I never had freezes in my game...

EDIT: Ignore that, my game is now freezing as well! Great :)
EDIT2: Oh Joubarbe you're so stupid... What a noob mistake...

Sinnerman49
x3

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 17:17

You're a beast with all these fixes/releases!

So I'm clear about the past few posts, the freezes that Devenum was talking about is not related to my freezing issue correct?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 17:24

The freezing issue of dvenum was affecting everyone. My own mistake. That being said, you may have other problems.
After starting a new game yesterday, WITHOUT Trade Overview (JUST LU/Mayhem) - everything played great all day yesterday (many hours), and today for the most part, right up until the game froze again.
Very likely that's fixed now.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 18:27

Wow you caught and fixed that fast. Keep up the great work!

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 20:07

Who wants to see team blue getting rekt ?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 20:24

Threat level 3 only? Wow, you're better than me at this mod :)

dvenum
x3ap

Post by dvenum » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 20:45

My bad and my weak english, sorry.

1. I take your script and it freeze each time.
2. I open it ingame script editor, remove empty line, insert it back and save.
3. No freezes. Trying to get freeze again, in a case, if it appear not each time, but cant, works well.

Looks like a script engine bug. I compared two xml files, syntax is different vs x-studio, but code inside the same, nothing lost. I use linux version, windows can no contain this bug.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 20:48

Yeah, maybe you should have mentioned you used Linux earlier... Linux is bugged, nothing works, and I don't support it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”