[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dvenum
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.3

Post by dvenum » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 21:16

Will know, ok.
I posted my saves in addition to Sinnerman49 problem. For me, I just disabled pirate expansion in settings and played next (now I can use).
See no more bugs or crashes/freezes/leaks. Performance is fine on my linux also.

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 00:14

With Joub's latest release, I have continued my freezing save, and haven't had any freezes in a few hours. Think it's been fixed, thanks! (Fingers crossed...)

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 21:32

[FREEZE]

Bonjour,

Started a new game with a brand new fresh clean 2.9, played ~1 hour when suddently game freezes permanentely with continuous loop sound. Impossible to exit X3, had to restart computer...

Reloaded save, after the same amount of time (was ~20 sec), same freeze, and again and again and again.

Read through lots of forum posts for X3 TC/AP freezes, (stuff about codecs and some specific audio cards...) and finally one mentionned that it could be related to one of my ships docking. Reloaded, quickly ordered ALL my ships to IDLE and game didn't freeze that time ! I gave all orders again to ships and played smoothly for the next hours.

Now today I update 2.9.3, and after barely 30min I have the exact same kind of permanent freeze with sound. Only ships moving at the time are 2 DA + 1 SA + 6 explorers.
I assume that would be an issue with the DA/SA commands...?

Here is the save :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/erjgjs373grc9uo/X01.sav?dl=0

Thanks in advance for the troubleshooting/fix :)

Aurélien

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 22:06

How do I reproduce the freeze in your savegame? It would be a serious issue if you weren't the only one experiencing the freeze... What I mean is: it's very likely that it's coming from your side, a docking ship never froze the game AFAIK. After only 1 hour of gameplay, Mayhem does very little things.

It's always possible to exit dead X3 with CTRL+ALT+DEL (Win7).

sepa
x4

Post by sepa » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 22:26

Hi,

Found a little issue with complex deployment.
When trying to drop Nostrop Oil complex +/- 8/10/12/16 km on either z or x axis from Sanctuary (which is at 0/0/8km) all elements are deployed on top of each other, plus I'm getting 2 error messages about too many loops.

Deploying -4km in Y axis and 8km on x works.
Deploying on some random map location works.

Running 2.9.3. Sector Nyana's hideout. Give me a shout if you want a savegame.

Cheers,
Sepa
Shit happens, ppl die. Usually when I'm around.

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 22:27

Joubarbe wrote:
Thu, 11. Jul 19, 22:06
How do I reproduce the freeze in your savegame? It would be a serious issue if you weren't the only one experiencing the freeze... What I mean is: it's very likely that it's coming from your side, a docking ship never froze the game AFAIK. After only 1 hour of gameplay, Mayhem does very little things.

It's always possible to exit dead X3 with CTRL+ALT+DEL (Win7).
Undock, jump in another sector and SETA until SA delivers its MeatSteak Cahoona to the Sanctuary. A few seconds after it docks, freeze !

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 22:43

No freeze in my game.

@sepa: that's no issue. They are on top of each others. Reload and try to build at some other place if there's too many loops.

sepa
x4

Post by sepa » Thu, 11. Jul 19, 23:25

By being a top of each other I mean at the same Y (in that case 0). Normally complex parts are at 3 different Y locations.
Reload does not fix it (the problem is reproducible), changing Y location does - maybe somehow the axis checks confuse Z/X with Y axis?

X marks spots I've tried and where the error comes up. Y axis was 0 in these cases. 8km is my normal spacing.

---x---
---x---
-xxSxx-
---x---
---x---

Deployment that worked once I moved complex -4km on y axis:
---SC--

It's not a big issue, as there is a trivial workaround, but it used to work fine in 2.7.9.
Shit happens, ppl die. Usually when I'm around.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 07:55

It's never worked perfectly fine. The "connect complex" command is not vanilla, and the game doesn't really like it. But most of the times, it works fine.
Also make sure you didn't deactivate "Smart placement" in the AL plugin menu. That will make them build on top of each other (same Y) for sure.

maxblub
x3ap

Post by maxblub » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 18:14

Heya,

2.9.3. Mayhem, no additional mods

i tried to claim the former Terran Sector "Venus" for the mighty Sohnen's, but as soon as plant it near the zero coordinates, the Sanctuary goes allways way above grid in the z-axis, random between 900-1300km. Tried it around 10 times, always the same. Is this a thing with the terran sectors?

dvenum
x3ap

Post by dvenum » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 18:35

In addition to maxblub. Today I found Trading Port 1000+km and asteroid 1200+km. One I found from 'local merchants' tab. Another founded by m5 auto-scanner. I suppose, universe can contain more of them.
It can be the same issue. I started new game on 2.9.3. (alliance and without jumpdrive, thanks for advice, its fun).

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 19:27

maxblub wrote:
Fri, 12. Jul 19, 18:14
Heya,

i tried to claim the former Terran Sector "Venus" for the mighty Sohnen's, but as soon as plant it near the zero coordinates, the Sanctuary goes allways way above grid in the z-axis, random between 900-1300km. Tried it around 10 times, always the same. Is this a thing with the terran sectors?
Please upload your savegame. I'll look into that.

maxblub
x3ap

Post by maxblub » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 20:01

Joubarbe wrote:
Fri, 12. Jul 19, 19:27
maxblub wrote:
Fri, 12. Jul 19, 18:14
Heya,

Please upload your savegame. I'll look into that.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjkggcpa7qtah2m/X01.sav?dl=0

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 21:39

Funny bug... Stations at 800km, what's the problem with that? You whiners :)

EDIT: it's fixed, until next patch, you can deactivate Smart Placement in the AL plugin menu to place your stations without collision detection

LatoDiafol
x3ap

Post by LatoDiafol » Sat, 13. Jul 19, 12:30

Hi all, I have a couple of questions. (These may be known bugs but I cant find the known bugs page on moddb (I may be blind, who knows))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Question 1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The first relates to Return Abandsoned Ship Missions. These seem bugged as they give the guidance "Retrieve: object.name@L2M105 Return Ship.Ship, in sector object.sector.name@L2M105 Return Ship.Ship"

No guidance appears and as of yet I havent managed to find any ships spawned by these missions. If you start in an alliance start with rep 6 with a faction failing a single mission drops you down to rep 3. I foulnd vague references that this may be related to a bug in the vanilla game some patches ago but no further info.

I tested this with a brand new install with basic litcubes and mayhem and got the same result. (I usually run cockpits Litcubes Gold and Red UI over the top).

Is this a known bug? if not could someone let me know where the file is that controls these missions so i can attempt to fix it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Question 2-3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Questions about Wings

Q2) How do I stop my ships being hyper-aggressive? None of my ships will ever disengage from a fight apart from at the emergency thresholds. This means I cant retreat fighter wings which I dont want blown up it also makes it almost impossible to cap larger ships as my wing wont disengage and so they blow up the target. This is super frustrating as my only option seems to be to take just enough shipos to take down the shield and all die in the process...

Q3) Wing commands in general seem to have some problems, if i tell a wing to attack something they wont attack it unless its within firing range to start with or they just sit on the spot like a barrel of turnips and refuse to budge. the follow command works as expected as does (i think) the protect ship command. Is this knowqn/expected? The individual ships in the wing say that their order is "Idling"

These bugs are not save related as I have tried rebuilding the entire game/mod stack with full fresh downloads multiple times and still get the same bugs.

Loving the game but slightly frustrated,
Lato

Edit: Key info
Latest Steam version of X3AP.
Mayhem 2.9.3 (Latest)
LU 1.7.2 (Latest)
Earliest version where bugs were observed (Mayhem 2.9.0)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 13. Jul 19, 12:40

All these bugs are vanilla related. I think I will deactivate the Return Ship mission, because it's a stupid mission (maybe restore some of the other "think" missions...)
Mayhem does not modify Wings, although at some point I'll probably modify a few stuff...

LatoDiafol
x3ap

Post by LatoDiafol » Sat, 13. Jul 19, 12:41

Ah ok, I decided to try using wings for once instead of fleets due to Darth Fiscus' tutorial series. I think I'll go back to using fleets then instead. Though those might also have the disengagement bug...

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 13. Jul 19, 12:44

On the other hand, Mayhem heavily modifies the fleet system. All scripts have been rewritten.

LatoDiafol
x3ap

Post by LatoDiafol » Sat, 13. Jul 19, 13:03

I just tried it with a fleet which disengaged properly (Thank god). Shame about some of the convenience options of wings. selective blanket configuration was fun. however looks like their just broken beyond belief. I guess I could put all the ships in a fleet also in a wing but that way lies madness and mismatch between the two systems.

Shame about the return ship missions. Id hoped to use them to accelerate my gamestart a bit (as buying a normal TS BP from the Terrans right at the start needs a bit more capital). I used to use the second hand ship market but terran/ATF stuff rarely appears on the list of stuff on sale in the new system, which is a shame as I play themed runs. (I start as allies with a faction and only use those factions ship designs, other hulls must be sold immediately but may be used as a souce of software/cash).

Thankfully OWPs are powerful enough to save my bacon the first couple of days (cuz sourcing parts in terran space is nigh impossible, no silicon mines or ship part factories at all). Also funny thing ive noticed. NPC Terran Traders dont supply ATF stations as their technically separate factions and ATF dont have solar plants. This makes this area both frustrating to supply from but also a goldmine of cash for my UTs.

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Sat, 13. Jul 19, 13:33

Hello, love to see those new additions,
just a little nitpick, is it intended that there's no C-Ratio complex factory as it's the most effecient food now?... Maybe a later game trade-off where one more factory slot won't matter that much? :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”