Bug - station subordinates ignoring black list - Fix in a future build.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Bug - station subordinates ignoring black list - Fix in a future build.

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 03:39

I have a sector travel and a sector activities black list i created to control where the capital miners are going. I manually set the black list on 3 of the 6 capital miners, basically to stay out of nipple's fortune II, and they're still going in. using the station behavior or default blacklists still seem to work, however.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Bug - station subordinates ignoring black list

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 12:10

Have a read of this from a dev; it might be of assistance.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 14:46

This isn't ships chasing down other ships, they're just blatantly ignoring the black lists unless it's set as a default for civilians or the station is assigned the blacklist directly, neither of which I want to do for this particular scenario. The miners are all going to NF II which has little ice and almost no silicon, so I'm wanting half of the station miners to go elsewhere, but all of them insist on going to NF II.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 15:11

Hi, could you please upload a save with this situation somewhere accessible along with a link to that save? A description stating which ships exactly have a blacklist that they're ignoring would be a lot of help.

Do they go to the blacklisted sectors on their own after they're assigned to the station?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 15:24

Sure thing. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao9uUVCbKVPzgfAAfqQ ... g?e=bOrOkj

ships with blacklists assigned are:
IMS Averant
IMS Jamerson
IMS Regal

All are subordinates of Space Station Tyranus. All are using Sector Activities and Travel black lists named "Mining". The station is only using the default global travel black list.

So the ships are all going to NF2 when assigned to the station. If I set the station behavior to use those black lists, they seem to work. but assigning the black lists to the subordinates doesn't seem to work.
rebellionpac.com

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 15:33

Thanks for the quick reply! In the middle of a debugging session at the moment. Will check as soon as I'm done.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 18:27

Fixed. Thanks for the save.

So you know until the patch hits, it only affects miners subordinate to a station that is in a cluster with more than one sector, where the other sector(s) in that cluster are blacklisted. May also affect traders in such a situation, but i doubt it, although added bulletproofing to prevent traders being affected by this as well.

Fix should be in a future update.

Thanks for the report and the save!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 18:49

Thank you much! looking forward to the update :D
rebellionpac.com

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”