[Mayhem] Star Wars for Mayhem (Experimental)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

XenonArchitect7

Re: [Mayhem] Star Wars for Mayhem (Experimental)

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 04:04

When X3 crashes, Ctrl+Alt+Del won't yield the task manager because it will be stuck behind the X3 window. You can fix this by then pressing Windows+Tab and moving either task manager or X3 to a different virtual desktop and accessing it there.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 07:09

Tell me, please, where is the original of this mod? If it's not difficult, please provide a link to the mod.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 07:19

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 15. Aug 19, 07:09
Tell me, please, where is the original of this mod? If it's not difficult, please provide a link to the mod.
This is a small asset port of my main "SWLU" mod, which you can easily find on the ModDB website. A lot of the ship models are originally from MikSka's mod called "Star Wars Reborn", which can also easily be found on ModDB. Star Wars Reborn is for X3AP and was released in 2016. After getting permission to use the base ship models for my own project, I released SWLU earlier this year for Litcube's Universe after nearly a year in development. Today, SWLU is in continued development between me and Tormox and it will gradually gain additional ships and other improvements, of which some of them will slowly make their way into this Mayhem patch over the long run.

If you are talking about Mayhem itself, well that should be even easier to find... You can also find it on ModDB...

Also, both Mayhem and SWLU are extensions of the original "Litcube's Universe" mod, which has its own website where you can download it.

Not sure which of the four options you are referring to :) .

Star Wars Reborn: https://www.moddb.com/mods/mikhail-skatchkov

SWLU: https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-lu-swlu

Mayhem: https://www.moddb.com/mods/mayhem

Litcube's Universe: viewtopic.php?t=365706

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 17:35

Can you do not pack text files into cat/dat files? At least until the release. Or, when you add new text to text files, write about it in the version history.

For example: the text file 65748.xml is modified. This will make it easier to control the changes for translation.

Thank you.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Sat, 17. Aug 19, 01:19

alexalsp wrote:
Fri, 16. Aug 19, 17:35
Can you do not pack text files into cat/dat files? At least until the release. Or, when you add new text to text files, write about it in the version history.

For example: the text file 65748.xml is modified. This will make it easier to control the changes for translation.

Thank you.
I don't know what the 65748.xml file is or where it is located. Where did you see this?

The only file I changed was 9700-L044.xml, which is an English language file that I added myself. It contains all the ship descriptions and ship names. Yes, it is currently contained within the last cat/dat, but you can have it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tpK3I ... J5xdfa23JN

You can also create the "t" folder in your game's addon folder and throw it in there, since files in the game directory load after those in cat/dat files. This will override anything contained in the cat/dat.

I didn't realize you were doing a translation for the mod, that's pretty cool! I can move the file outside of the cat/dat in future releases if that makes things easier.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 17. Aug 19, 01:50

XenonArchitect7 wrote:
Sat, 17. Aug 19, 01:19

I don't know what the 65748.xml file is or where it is located. Where did you see this?
This is for example.
XenonArchitect7 wrote:
Sat, 17. Aug 19, 01:19

The only file I changed was 9700-L044.xml, which is an English language file that I added myself. It contains all the ship descriptions and ship names. Yes, it is currently contained within the last cat/dat, but you can have it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tpK3I ... J5xdfa23JN

You can also create the "t" folder in your game's addon folder and throw it in there, since files in the game directory load after those in cat/dat files. This will override anything contained in the cat/dat.

I didn't realize you were doing a translation for the mod, that's pretty cool! I can move the file outside of the cat/dat in future releases if that makes things easier.
This is not a problem, thanks. It would be easier to track changes if this is written in the version history. In this case, it is not necessary to unpack and compare files each time.

After that, I'll do SWLU :D

Thanks for your work. :x3:

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 02:43

SWLU
- Attempting to replace the "Your ship got destroyed" sound effect (1129.wav) results
in a game crash every time one of your ships dies, even if out of sector.
try these parameters If possible: 44100, 16 bit, mono (or standart for this file 11025, 16 bit).

:oops: I'm sorry, I didn't find the WSLU topic on the forum.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 18:38

SWLU

I compared text files, I have the impression that in SWLU mod the text file is very old. Many rows are missing. Can you tell me, is this the case or you have deleted strings? :gruebel:

This difference is also of interest. So it should be or is it obsolete data from previous versions of the game?

SWLU

Code: Select all

<t id="218">SSTYPE_WARPHyperspace Lane</t>

<t id="403">ACTION_ENTER_Hyperspace Lane</t>
 <t id="404">ACTION_LEAVE_Hyperspace Lane</t>
Original text

<t id="218">SSTYPE_WARPGATE</t>

<t id="403">ACTION_ENTER_GATE</t>
 <t id="404">ACTION_LEAVE_GATE</t>

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 20:33

That feels like a messed up "replace all" :)
(that's not good)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 21:57

It is sad. )) I do not know what should be here. :gruebel:

<t id="218">SSTYPE_WARPGATE</t>

<t id="403">ACTION_ENTER_GATE</t>
 <t id="404">ACTION_LEAVE_GATE</t>
or

<t id="403">ACTION_ENTER_Hyperspace Lane</t>
 <t id="404">ACTION_LEAVE_Hyperspace Lane</t>
or only fix tnis

<t id="218">SSTYPE_WARPHyperspace Lane</t>

to

<t id="218">SSTYPE_WARP_Hyperspace Lane</t>

And is a space sign allowed in this place?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 23:32

The first one of course, the original text...

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 18. Aug 19, 23:43

Perhaps in this place there should be an original, since I saw these lines:

<t id="3731">Hyperspace Lane</t>

<t id="353">Entering warpHyperspace Lane</t>
 <t id="354">Leaving warpHyperspace Lane</t>

<t id="46">the South Hyperspace Lane.</t>
 <t id="47">the West Hyperspace Lane.</t>
 <t id="48">the East Hyperspace Lane.</t>

<t id="19521">NO(Hyperspace Lane ID directions)</t>
 <t id="19521">NO(gate ID directions)</t>

<t id="134">Find.JumpableHyperspace Lane</t>
 <t id="134">Find.JumpableGate</t>

<t id="47">Fly through a warpHyperspace Lane.\n{2022,99992}</t>

Because of this, many problems with the game are possible.

It is necessary to ask the author in which places the replacement was planned. Otherwise, it will not be possible to fix everything.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 08:20

You should be patient :)
XenonArchitect7 has probably noticed this.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 20:20

Yes, it it a botched "replace all" in 0001. I highly discourage any attempts to make sense of the SWLU text files because I did a bunch of ware renaming. The easiest (and worst) way to do this was replacing the text in many of the vanilla game files and Litcube files. I am also going to keep making changes in the future for SWLU. It is a cesspool of ever-evolving text garbage :) . I might not ever get around to cleaning it up because it would be a lot of work that won't really result in anything changing in-game. But for all future endeavors, I will be creating and loading my own xml files. I say SWLU is a lost cause for translation...

But if you put setup.SWLU.gametext and the new text file I included for the Mayhem thing into SWLU, it might override the ship names at least.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 20:28

alexalsp wrote:
Sun, 18. Aug 19, 21:57
Yikes, I had no idea actual command IDs were in the text files! Which file did you find that in?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 20:47

(And that is the problem. X-Studio will not be happy with modified command names.)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 23:33

XenonArchitect7 wrote:
Mon, 19. Aug 19, 20:28
alexalsp wrote:
Sun, 18. Aug 19, 21:57
Yikes, I had no idea actual command IDs were in the text files! Which file did you find that in?
0001-L044.xml

A lot of changed text and a new one added. I don’t understand why it was necessary to do so ....

Now I need to compare the entire text, select the changed and then put it back after the translation. But not sure if I have the patience. Thanks who did this ... :mrgreen: :lol:

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Tue, 20. Aug 19, 00:15

I say don't bother with SWLU. It is quite sloppy because the project dates all the way back to when I had zero modding experience. It is also going to keep undergoing more development. I appreciate the effort though.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 08:30

SWLU 1.2.4

I did it for the Russian version, and at the same time did it for the English version of the game. All files are adapted to version LU 1.7.2 and AP 3.3. You can test.

Compared all the text files of the mod. The main changes were made with the file 0001-L044.xml. Fixed replacements in unnecessary places.

Uplate swlu x3 ap text-script - X3AP v.3.3

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1F_lGTDy ... t=download

Some errors will probably disappear. You know better about bugs in the game, perhaps notice any changes for the better. I hope.

:wink:

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 09:06

Wow, thanks man.
I imagine this was a ton of work, especially with my shenanigans in the text files. Eventually I am going to clean up my files into separate .xml documents so all overrides are contained in one location and restore all modified files back to their LU origins. That is how it always should have been from the start. I can easily import your translations into a similar file with the same text IDs once I create my master file in a future release of SWLU.

I'll test this over the weekend when I have some free time. I'm going to need some help to write a ModDB description for it though since I'm a stereotypical American who only speaks English :D . I might be able to set it up so that you can simply upload your own ModDB file on the SWLU page, but I'm not positive if the site lets multiple users upload content to a single project. I'll also throw up a link on this Forum page if you translated the ship names in 9700-L044.xml for this Mayhem patch.

Actually, would we even need a separate download link? Does the game simply let you put both languages in the files and pick the ones that relate to the selected language? If so, I could just add the translation to the mod's regular files. I'll have to test that this weekend.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”