Egosoft@Gamescom | Live@Gamestar | Translated Summary

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Egosoft@Gamescom | Live@Gamestar | Translated Summary

Post by Tamina » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 14:38

German Livestream

Near future
- 2.6 Beta is going to be released shortly after Gamescom

3.0:
- Adds diplomacy: A new mission-based game feature that enables the player to manipulate relations between factions.
- Improved UI
- Improved effects, like weapons effects and explosions
- Improved tutorials to help both people new to X in general & those who come from X3
- Features new story elements

Split Vendetta:
- Features two new split factions at war
- Adds new ships, stations and their own economy
- Nearly doubles the size of the existing universe, including non-split sectors
- Features new story elements

- 2nd DLC adds another race but it is not going to be Borons. Maybe later.
- Online mode is going to be expanded

Further impressions from German Moderator TVCD
TVCD wrote:
Sun, 25. Aug 19, 00:15
Pictures X4 Split Vendetta GC 2019

There is another presentation this evening at 5pm CEST. I will add all additional information, then. If you think I have forgotten something important, please tell me.
*Edit: This was cancelled. No information yet when or if this interview is going to be available.
Last edited by Tamina on Sun, 25. Aug 19, 00:38, edited 7 times in total.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

XTC0R
x4

Re: Egosoft@Gamescom | Live@Gamestar | Translated Summary

Post by XTC0R » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 14:45

Tamina wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 14:38
- 2nd DLC adds another race but it is not going to be Borons. They are going to be implemented later.
For me it sounded not so clear, that Borons will be implemented later. Maybe they will, but maybe not.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 14:46

Awesome Tamina - thanks :)

Also some side notes:
  • Tutorials will be improved to help both people new to X in general & those who come from X3
  • The engine & the UI will constantly evolve (Bernd mentioned the new weapon and explosion effects; no example for UI was given yet)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 14:54

[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:02

Thanks I added the information :)

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:18

Any word so far on:

-"indesructible" partially-built stations bug?
-Locked SCA relations fix? (which is technically a cheat)
-Turret settings for stations? (so that military infrastructure can actually do their job and fire at hostiles)
-AI war logic? (so that AI factions attack in meaningful force, with an objective, and secure sectors before trying to build stations)

More sectors would be great! But seriously, the vanilla universe is far too small, it can do with a few additional sectors outside of the Split expansion.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:21

Thank you, Tamina!

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:25

Nearly doubles the map size??? :o That is absolutely nuts. I can't wait to get home and check out the VOD

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:25

I've been waiting all this week for this...

... The closed captions translates the German into... German.

English please?
Last edited by DaMuncha on Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
Just... another... bug.

Fazmaster
x4

Post by Fazmaster » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:26

Not 100% certain, as I was playing the demo while listening to an interview next to me. But I think indestructible stations should be fixed with 2.6.

Another interesting part of this interview missing from the summary I suppose (as criticised by some): There is also work done on larger capital ships. Bernd mentions that there will be "conciderably" larger ships than the trade ship seen around 10:00..
Last edited by Fazmaster on Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:29

2.6 before 3.0?????

I thought we were told that we'd be shown 3.0 at Gamescom and then... get it.

Looks like were not getting the DLC till Xmas.
Just... another... bug.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:31

DaMuncha wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:29
I thought we were told that we'd be shown 3.0 at Gamescom and then... get it.
No, we were told that 3.0 and the DLC come out in fourth quarter of the year. As for 2.6, CBJ did on several occasions say that an update before 3.0 was probable. Unsurprising, it is sorely needed, provided it'd address some of those gaping issues.

Spaceman Sublime
x4

Post by Spaceman Sublime » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:35

So no combat rebalance? A single fighter can still single handedly take down a capital, and just a small fighter squad can still take an entire sector unopposed? Dissapointing really.... I want this game to be good, but it cannot be when one of its 4 fundamental pillars does not function properly..... a sad day indeed.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:41

Spaceman Sublime wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:35
So no combat rebalance? A single fighter can still single handedly take down a capital, and just a small fighter squad can still take an entire sector unopposed? Dissapointing really.... I want this game to be good, but it cannot be when one of its 4 fundamental pillars does not function properly..... a sad day indeed.
Took down a Xenon I (capital ship) in my Argon S heavy fighter. I just hugged it so I couldnt get shot and took out the surface elements one by one.
Just... another... bug.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:47

Im little disappointed that there is not any improvement when it comes combat missions.... I thought that Ego had a goal of improving them with 3.0 ? I guess ill just skip on this DLC until they actually make game fun to play on first place :roll:
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:52

One thing they talk about in the interview Is new player starts. I dont want to start a new game. I have invested 100s of hours into my current save and Im not done with it. I dont want to start again just to end up where I allready am. I spent 200 hours in 1 game save in X3 and the only reason I had to restart was I bought a new computer and didnt transfer the save over. Then in the new game I played it exactly the same way.
Last edited by DaMuncha on Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
Just... another... bug.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:55

Spaceman Sublime wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:35
You piloting a small fighter and taking on an entire sector is one thing, the AI piloting a small fighter and taking on a sector is another. Yes, you can find an undefended corner, go hide in it, place a brick on the space bar and come back later to find your target destroyed. The AI doesn't behave in that way. If you're looking for a way for the AI to prevent you from doing that, it's doubtful that will happen. Players have been doing this in just about every space combat game that ever existed. X-Wing/TIE Fighter? Get close to cap ships and blast. Descent: Free Space and Free Space 2? Get close to cap ships and blast. Any X game? the list goes on an on. Unless the station/ship turrets fire through their own modules with a full 360 degree targeting axis/rotation, IE, the the projectiles don't clip with it's parent station/ship, you will always be able to do this. And the second that happens, people will be complaining that the turrets are doing that and it's BS.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:58

A single S fighter ship should be shot down long before it reaches the Cap ship.
Just... another... bug.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:01

DaMuncha wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:52
One thing they talk about in the interview Is new player starts. I dont want to start a new game.
There are plenty of new players out there who will benefit from the new gamestart options, as well as plenty of existing players who may want to try something new, but nobody is forcing you to start a new game. The new features won't require it, nor will the Split Vendetta expansion.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:07

DaMuncha wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:25
[...]... The closed captions translates the German into... German.[...]
I added the video just for visuals. And because it is in German is the reason why I made this translated summary. There is not much more to be said. In the video he does all the extra effort of explaining X to non-X players, of course, it is a public Gamescom appareance after all! I tried picking out the interesting parts.
MegaJohnny wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:25
Nearly doubles the map size??? :o That is absolutely nuts. I can't wait to get home and check out the VOD
Yeah, that's what I thought. I thought it is going to be +25% or so, like 8 sectors maybe, but +100%!? Nice to hear, I hope performance is going to hold up :)
Last edited by Tamina on Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Return to “X4: Foundations”