[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Warnoise

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO)

Post by Warnoise » Sun, 25. Aug 19, 18:34

I tried Theseus sentinel with this mod. I think it got way over nefred. Not only it has only 460 max speed wih mk3 engines (compared to 600~ for similar sized ships) it handles like an L ships It turns very slowly making it very hard to fight vs agile fighters (it gets demolished by khaak)

It would be great if it gets a speed and agility buff so it can be useful as an S fighter.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 23:22

Warnoise wrote:
Sun, 25. Aug 19, 18:34
I tried Theseus sentinel with this mod. I think it got way over nefred. Not only it has only 460 max speed wih mk3 engines (compared to 600~ for similar sized ships) it handles like an L ships It turns very slowly making it very hard to fight vs agile fighters (it gets demolished by khaak)

It would be great if it gets a speed and agility buff so it can be useful as an S fighter.
Thats not how it should behave, while speed is more or less ok (im not sure what 600m/s you mean for other fighters, Paranid ships should be fastest) but agility should not be of an L ship.
Ill check.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 30. Aug 19, 09:28

Does anyone else think that M class ships are less maneuverable than they should be? They should strafe a little more quickly in my opinion. Now there is no way to dodge incoming shots (even from far away).

If i entered the fire range of a Xenon K with a Nemesis Sentinel, it is 100% death for me.

Also it seems that L class destroyers don't use their main guns, anyone else can confirm?

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Fri, 30. Aug 19, 09:38

I believe that M's are where they should be - between fighters and capital ships. With my Cerberus Sentinel I can ALMOST track Xen M or N circling around me, sometimes I can predict it's moves and use main guns against it. I shouldn't be able to do more than that with a ship heavier by three classes (I'm counting heavy fighters and lighter M class, like ARG bombers or PAR corvettes).

And since it's my first post in this thread - thank you for the mod, great job that made my game much more fun :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 21:22

I think there are just certain targets you'd not send M-Class ships against, whereas a more heavily shielded Destroyer or nimble fighters are fine. When issuing manual orders, this is easy to micro-manage. However, as we're yet to gain more sophisticated Stances, a bit like standing orders, where we can tailor target profiles as we wish, we're sorted stuck if ships are on patrol.

The ship balance offered by VRO is pretty much spot on in my view, it's up to Egosoft - or perhaps it's mod'able - to give us greater control of ship behaviours when said ships are following a more general command such as Patrol. Even X3 had something better than X4, in the form of "Attack Fighter" and "Attack Capitals" where a ship or wings target priority could be prioritised. However, what we need is a "Run away from..." type Behaviour to protect ships that are particular vulnerable to a certain other ship. Being able to weight things, i.e. based on relative numbers, would be very useful too.

Basically, irrespective of ship balance, our ability to influence their behaviour needs to be enhanced. I'm not sure if this is possible via a mod, and I doubt it's in the scope of VRO even if it is.

Scoob.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 17:37

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 1. Sep 19, 21:22
Basically, irrespective of ship balance, our ability to influence their behaviour needs to be enhanced. I'm not sure if this is possible via a mod, and I doubt it's in the scope of VRO even if it is.
Not the scope of VRO, but I will be happy if someone will mod new behaviors in, im not that good with AI modding.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 17:39

Warnoise wrote:
Fri, 30. Aug 19, 09:28
Also it seems that L class destroyers don't use their main guns, anyone else can confirm?
You may just not notice it, as it is now a long-range artillery cannon with looow rate of fire, so it takes some time to observe it in action.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 6. Sep 19, 02:46

Is it possible to make torpedoes only exclusive to bomber class ships in a future update?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 7. Sep 19, 13:05

Warnoise wrote:
Fri, 6. Sep 19, 02:46
Is it possible to make torpedoes only exclusive to bomber class ships in a future update?
it would take to much of a work currently and not all will like it.
I plan to add additional weapon slot to bombers though, something like energy-plasma bomb, slow speed high damage gun only for bombers.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 9. Sep 19, 11:26

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 7. Sep 19, 13:05
Warnoise wrote:
Fri, 6. Sep 19, 02:46
it would take to much of a work currently and not all will like it.
I plan to add additional weapon slot to bombers though, something like energy-plasma bomb, slow speed high damage gun only for bombers.
That sounds awesome! Hopefully they will have long range.

Can't wait for what this mod will bring in the future!

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Thu, 12. Sep 19, 16:39

I have problem, i dont know if it is related to this mod. It seems i cant build gorgon sentinel from hop wharf. It just stays in queue forever (even though i feed the sation hull parts like crazy) and NPC ships always get ahead in queue.

Another crazy thing is that a gorgon sentinel requires about 1300 Hull part which is crazy considering wharf can only hold 8k hull part in the storage :s

Anyone else has this problem?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 13. Sep 19, 11:42

Warnoise wrote:
Thu, 12. Sep 19, 16:39
I have problem, i dont know if it is related to this mod. It seems i cant build gorgon sentinel from hop wharf. It just stays in queue forever (even though i feed the sation hull parts like crazy) and NPC ships always get ahead in queue.

Another crazy thing is that a gorgon sentinel requires about 1300 Hull part which is crazy considering wharf can only hold 8k hull part in the storage :s

Anyone else has this problem?
This is not related to VRO.
Hopefully it should be fixed in 2.6, you can try it in beta now.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 11:56

Weird question but does this make any changes to boarding? Besides invul M turrets I mean.

I took over a phoenix this morning using just a disco vanguard and a single marine... all their crew but one gradually ejected and flew away while I sat under it ion-shotgunning various components, while he was sitting on its hull in the pre-breach phase. Then I cancelled the other ships that were (slowly) arriving and he took it alone.

idk if that's some obscure vanilla thing or what but I haven't taken any ships quite like that before.
***modified***

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 12:44

LameFox wrote:
Sat, 14. Sep 19, 11:56
Weird question but does this make any changes to boarding? Besides invul M turrets I mean.

I took over a phoenix this morning using just a disco vanguard and a single marine... all their crew but one gradually ejected and flew away while I sat under it ion-shotgunning various components, while he was sitting on its hull in the pre-breach phase. Then I cancelled the other ships that were (slowly) arriving and he took it alone.

idk if that's some obscure vanilla thing or what but I haven't taken any ships quite like that before.
As far as I know this is Vanilla behavior, VRO does no changes to boarding or crew capacities at all.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 20. Sep 19, 23:58

How the hell do I kill a M xenon with a pulsar :lol:

Im dead after a couple of hits :oops:
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 21:12

I'm unable to target missile turrets on capital ships. Is that intentional? It's causing me to be unable to board if I set the target effectiveness to weak.
How do I destroy the missile turrets? Is it even possible or do I make it use up all its missiles? How will that work on actual combat capitals?

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 21:26

Question does your mod work with the Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod if it works there is something bothering me when i try to build one off the raiders ships all the slots for weapons are empty https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1871853280

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 02:11

Deeparth wrote:
Tue, 24. Sep 19, 21:12
I'm unable to target missile turrets on capital ships. Is that intentional? It's causing me to be unable to board if I set the target effectiveness to weak.
How do I destroy the missile turrets? Is it even possible or do I make it use up all its missiles? How will that work on actual combat capitals?
All M turrets are not destructible, this was made to combat vanilla bug that leads to destruction of all turrets in OOS combat fast leaving L ships defenseless.
Bording is a bit harder with this, yes, but L ships are more powerful in VRO, so you may need to work harder, use more ships for boarding or make them deplete all the ammunition.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 02:13

Thecrippler wrote:
Tue, 24. Sep 19, 21:26
Question does your mod work with the Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod if it works there is something bothering me when i try to build one off the raiders ships all the slots for weapons are empty https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1871853280
It should work as far as im aware, but it will be very unbalanced. As for the bug in your screenshot - this is really weird, there is nothing in VRO that should cause this, it seems to me like a problem with ashipmod installation. Do you have Win 7 maybe?

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 04:25

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 25. Sep 19, 02:13
Thecrippler wrote:
Tue, 24. Sep 19, 21:26
It should work as far as im aware, but it will be very unbalanced. As for the bug in your screenshot - this is really weird, there is nothing in VRO that should cause this, it seems to me like a problem with ashipmod installation. Do you have Win 7 maybe?
yes am win 7 and yes i install the mod in to the right document and i did a fresh installation on the mods

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”