[Mayhem] Star Wars for Mayhem (Experimental)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alexalsp
x4

Re: [Mayhem] Star Wars for Mayhem (Experimental)

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 09:57

Thank you.

I think it makes sense after processing text files. I will need to carefully review which files are required for the Russian version of LU, additionally.

Perhaps it will be enough to indicate a link to the Russian version of the mod in the description. I think this decision will be made later.

This requires free time.

:wink: :)
I'll test this over the weekend when I have some free time. I'm going to need some help to write a ModDB description for it though since I'm a stereotypical American who only speaks English :D . I might be able to set it up so that you can simply upload your own ModDB file on the SWLU page, but I'm not positive if the site lets multiple users upload content to a single project. I'll also throw up a link on this Forum page if you translated the ship names in 9700-L044.xml for this Mayhem patch.
Yes, but the mod must be installed on the Russian version of Mayhem. it is necessary to indicate this in the description.

addon_SWLU Mayhem russian

Crackajacka87
x3ap

Post by Crackajacka87 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 21:09

So I've found a slight issue in my games but I think it's because I'm running on Mayhem 2.9.10 and not 2.9.7 and as there's no previous versions of Mayhem which makes it hard for me to test further on this issue but all SW ships arent upgraded and cannot be upgraded. I've reinstalled both mods but to no benefit. I cant see why this has happened as the changelogs in Mayhem show no changes to this feature but as no one else has reported it, I'm guessing it's just happening to me because I'm running on a newer version of Mayhem.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 22:21

Does this apply to NPC ships too? Is their cureent max speed equal to their max upgradable speed? Are you talking about software upgrades, template outfitting, cargo/engine upgrades, or installing weapons? Does the problem also apply to the vanilla ships that are still enabled?

Crackajacka87
x3ap

Post by Crackajacka87 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 22:54

It was in the Engine/rudder/storage upgrade, all SW ships came in stock and not fully upgraded (players and it seemed like computer ships thinking on how slow their TS ships were). Vanilla ships were fine though and all other modifications to ships were fine.. Just those 3 actualy ship physical upgrades that were bugged.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 23:42

...right. Joubarbe mentioned this, but I totally forgot. All ships have maxed out cargo, engine, and rudder in Mayhem and I forgot to do that. I will fix this soon.

Crackajacka87
x3ap

Post by Crackajacka87 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 23:57

Really surprised no one else mentioned this... Took me 20 hours in my game to question this feature and reddit kindly told me that the ships should already be maxed out so I just assumed it was because I had a later version but I saw nothing in the Mayhem changelogs that looked like they changed anything in that area so I was baffled but hey, that's why we play alpha lol

Angrybiscit
x3ap

Post by Angrybiscit » Sun, 25. Aug 19, 03:56

Hmmm, I'm not finding this issue at all. All my SW ships come with maxed settings. Can anyone else confirm this? For sure ships that I build are maxed, but now I need to look at NPC's. I am also on the current 2.9.10.

Crackajacka87
x3ap

Post by Crackajacka87 » Sun, 25. Aug 19, 14:15

I never got far enough in the game to test if built SW ships were maxed but it seemed like the AI's traders were at base stats but I could be wrong there. What I am certain of though is that the trader you get at the start of the game and every SW ship you can buy is definitely at base standards and not upgraded. Try a new game and briefly check the start trader if you can but I did reinstall the game with a complete wipe and still the issue was still there and I restarted the game several times to the same results.

Angrybiscit
x3ap

Post by Angrybiscit » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 00:31

In my current save:
- All ships built by me are at maxed stats.
- All NPC "Battle Group" Ships have maxed settings
- NPC taders and Task Force Ships are not always maxed settings. Some were, but most not.

When I started new game (Trader start):
-Player ship (Mistral Freighter) has maxed stats
- Trader that you can capture has base stats, until you capture it and then they automagically max out (Normal for Mayhem)

Is that what you are experiencing? If not, it would be good if you upload a save I think.

Crackajacka87
x3ap

Post by Crackajacka87 » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 00:46

No, even when owned the ships are at based stats and it's all just star wars assets... Weird that this is only happening to me then as I know the second time I reinstalled I reinstalled it 100% properly.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Mon, 26. Aug 19, 05:26

Version A-5 Released
XenonArchitect7 wrote:
Sat, 3. Aug 19, 06:55
Version A-5 (Aug 25, 2019)
- Fixed all star wars ships not having maxed out rudder, engine, and cargo stats
- Moved 9700-L044.xml outside of the cat/dat directories
- All vanilla ships now belong to Xenon. Might as well use them in the game.
- Fixed PRG, EBC, PBG using wrong sound effects
- Fixed all lasers with wrong impact and launch effects (muzzle flash colors)
I suggest doing a new game or an E/I since ship base stats have been changed. Who knows, it might still work with existing save files but I really have no idea what will happen to pre-patch ships. That's the reality of early testing :( .

Crackajacka87
x3ap

Post by Crackajacka87 » Tue, 27. Aug 19, 16:28

The CIS are using paranid vanilla ships since the update with only the driod tri fighter and Providence being the only 2 ships that I saw the CIS using properly.
The list of vanilla ships I saw for CIS were;

Proteus
Nemesis
Hyperion
perseus
theseus
heavy nemesis
pericles vanguard
perseus raider
pericles sentinel
Guard hades

I also spotted the new republic using a mammoth vanilla skin too.

Edit: nvm, just noticed this were in to fill in ship class gaps in CIS
Last edited by Crackajacka87 on Wed, 28. Aug 19, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

Crackajacka87
x3ap

Post by Crackajacka87 » Wed, 28. Aug 19, 12:47

I'm also getting more frequent hard crashes, usually when using SETA after just jumping in sector.

Edit; I reinstalled all files and it seemed to have fixed it.
Last edited by Crackajacka87 on Thu, 29. Aug 19, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

spod007
x3ap

Post by spod007 » Wed, 28. Aug 19, 22:20

Absolutely loving this. Literally what i always wanted. Credit due to Joubarbe for mayhem, i'd always been scared to try it. Can't imagine playing without mayhem now, and with star wars ships? i haven't been excited to wake up and play a game for something like 10 years. 10/10 will cook my old laptop to leave this running permenantly every time

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 30. Aug 19, 19:09

Its a shame no matter what i try your mod sends me back to my desktop - obviously my end as i can get LU running

Its a shame, there was one plug-in i always wanted to write before i took a short break, which your SW addition would have given me the ability to complete. (It's 95% done using an old sw ship mod)

Alas, what i've thrown together in the last few months won't see the light of day unless i find a solution

Nice to see people keeping up the good work though :)

spod007
x3ap

Post by spod007 » Mon, 9. Sep 19, 01:14

Hey LV, nice to see you still around o7. Insult your intelligience a little, sorry, but have you tried changing any of the optional mayhem files? i know when i first installed, i actually missed the graphics pack and other files....but it ran. i sorted it out though before i got into a new game, and, it wouldn't run. i was certain i'd done it right....so i repeated it, again, swore a bit, and viola, workin. Haha purely selfishly, i want you to get this working so i can see what scripts you're up to

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 11:22

Watching this, I feel that I should say something about invasions in Mayhem. There's an important script called "Mayhem.GetShipValue". Since a recent version, what it does is translating the RelVal of a ship into a balanced value that is used to determine how fast a sector can be conquered during a "clean war". The more valuable a ship is, the faster the war score will vary (it's also how the Pirates conquer sectors as well, with an independent war score however). At the end of the video, a sector is taking over very quickly, and I'm not sure where that's coming from, but this ship value is a thing to keep in mind while balancing this mod.
Last edited by Joubarbe on Tue, 10. Sep 19, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 17:42

Hmm, ok. I am going to start a personal playthrough of this mod sometime soon and I will pay attention to clean invasions. I'll experiment with those value settings if I see the same problems. Thanks for letting me know!

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 19:33

I don't know what happened there. But i think it was just bad luck for the Borons. Like if they used only half strenghth, or damaged BG's for defence which were destroyed one after another in a short amount of time.

Another Split invasion has been triggered by now, and it seems to go much slower.

The first SW ships are phasing out vanilla ones. Everything looking good so far. :thumb_up:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 13. Sep 19, 23:21

spod007 wrote:
Mon, 9. Sep 19, 01:14
Insult your intelligience a little, sorry, but have you tried changing any of the optional mayhem files?
Most of my code was written drunk or high, no intelligence insulted

Post me the links and i'll try

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”