Suggestion for improved graphs

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Suggestion for improved graphs

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 04:40

When looking at the logical overview, one of the tabs, "management accounts", simply tells us how much money is in our account at any given time. But I don't find it super useful, as the station is continuously transferring money into my account, I am sometimes transferring money in, etc., so I don't get a good idea of its profitability.

How about, on the Y-axis for that graph, instead of simply showing the money in the account, it shows station profitability? Simply put, the profitability is the amount the station earns, minus the amount it pays out. The profitability would ignore any money simply transferred in or out of the station, and only counts transactions where the station buys or sells wares. So we could better see, for example, what the average profit the station makes each hour, which is the information I am really interested in.

Raevyan
x4

Re: Suggestion for improved graphs

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 07:20

+1

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 17:32

+1
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 19:17

Excuse my ignorance here !

Has station account been updated to include auto money transfer, as in X3 ?

If I take the surplus out from a station, still leaving it with more than it needs. I keep getting

Insufficient funds, popping up for all stations I have removed the surplus from.

If I put just on credit back in the message stops.

Can this persistent messaging be stoped. As the stations have heaps of cash.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 03:20

Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Wed, 9. Oct 19, 19:17
Excuse my ignorance here !

Has station account been updated to include auto money transfer, as in X3 ?

If I take the surplus out from a station, still leaving it with more than it needs. I keep getting

Insufficient funds, popping up for all stations I have removed the surplus from.

If I put just on credit back in the message stops.

Can this persistent messaging be stoped. As the stations have heaps of cash.
There is auto money transfer for stations, but we do not yet have options to customize thresholds for money transfer, either transfer from the station account to the player account, or from the player account to the station account. The manager auto calculates what it thinks should be the threshold. However, I have not seen this work properly for shipyards, those never seem to transfer money to the player automatically

gorgofdoom
x4

Post by gorgofdoom » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 12:37

I suspect your station's are complaining due to a common situation. If you supply them with exactly their budget and they then buy something (before selling products) they go into the 'negative'. Depending on the station it could be an hour or so before you see the profits if selling something complex.

On another note, I noticed that assigned mining ships will stop delivering ores/silicon if the budget is cut. Why is this? No money is transferring hands, yet the wares' value is being used to determine if the station actually needs it or not.

Return to “X4: Foundations”