[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Buzz2005
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 10:04

sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 08:47
Warnoise wrote:
Tue, 1. Oct 19, 18:56
balance needs a serious look here. I built a paranid poseidon mk1 with 3 XL PAR engines and the thing can run up to 350m/s....

An XL ship that is faster than an S ship is absurd
Yeah, this is a problem i can't resolve at the moment.
But every ship in this mod should have the resized antimatter engine, which has balanced speed values. The antimatter engine is used of the AI ships also.
Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 00:40
:lol: even the mk1 xenon R gets pawned easily by S fighters OOS

are there mk1 and mk3 versions of Xenon R?
This is a X4 OOS bug and all Xenon ships got this problem at the moment. If you activate mk3 flagship mod, then Xenon R mk3 should be build.
I know all about that bug but was like maybe the R can get some shit done before its useless,

next time im going to be IS
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 16:08

Warnoise wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 09:51

Oh i see! I will change to antimatter then since its currently so fast most of the ships can't catch up to it.

About the AI, I noticed that each faction built 1 MK1 battlership as protection. Are they limited to build only 1? or will they use them in invasions?
Every faction got 1 battleship for every flagship mod. So if you should activate both flagshipmods (mk1 and mk3) then they try to build both. But be aware, OSR and maybe Xenon become a serious problem for the galaxy.
The Protector ships are only used for protection and should join fights. But they not start an invasion.
The R and one OSR flagship starts invasions of specific stations.

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 00:40

I know all about that bug but was like maybe the R can get some shit done before its useless,

next time im going to be IS
The R should be dangerous, above all the mk3 variant. Especially IS, they should be a real pain without a big fleet of player ships.
But feel free to write down your experience for the ships, so i can balance the ships in future versions.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 16:27

Mk3 xenon R is IMHO way OP, to much hull

rest is ok even thou 1 arwan mk3, 12 destroyers, 10 M and 40 S ships get completely wrecked IS
how much more do I need :lol:

As I was tired of that R I restarted and did the fight OOS, what was left was 8 destroyers and 15 S eclipsees, and if I go IS then the hull repair is faster then there DMG
they all have missiles btw, so I think its a little too much

What is bothering me more is that NPC flagships dont do much, there was a bayamon in that sector as that R but he never moved to attack
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 09:56

sco1981 wrote:
Sat, 21. Sep 19, 17:04
If i understand you right, Argon Colossus carrier can resupply S and M ships? Then i have to look why my ships dont work with that feature.
Any luck with this issue? :) I'm using your carriers as flagships and I fly them personally in heavier fights to keep them safe and make good use of their turrets (also because it's really cool to watch from the brigde few L turrets and dozen of missiles firing simultanously :D) - but for resupply I have to rely on not-so-cool Colossus and Nomad. I can live with that, but IMO Arawn or Bayamon working as proper carrier would make this mod even better :)

Also, one of your ships (Bayamon i believe) has 25k container storage (similiar to what other carriers have), but also 30-40k solid and liquid storage. Is this intended or something left by mistake?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 15:12

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 9. Oct 19, 16:27
Mk3 xenon R is IMHO way OP, to much hull

rest is ok even thou 1 arwan mk3, 12 destroyers, 10 M and 40 S ships get completely wrecked IS

As I was tired of that R I restarted and did the fight OOS, what was left was 8 destroyers and 15 S eclipsees, and if I go IS then the hull repair is faster then there DMG
they all have missiles btw, so I think its a little too much

What is bothering me more is that NPC flagships dont do much, there was a bayamon in that sector as that R but he never moved to attack
The Mk3 flagship mod is only for people with a big fleet. So the R should be a real Threat and you have to use many big ships. It is a late game feature where the player got big assets and not much todo anymore.
OOS is a egosoft thing and i hope they will fix it soon.
Bayamon is the Pirate/SCA flagship, so they wouldn't attack like other factions. The normal flagships of the races should react to intruders.

Wonsz wrote:
Thu, 10. Oct 19, 09:56
Any luck with this issue? :) I'm using your carriers as flagships and I fly them personally in heavier fights to keep them safe and make good use of their turrets (also because it's really cool to watch from the brigde few L turrets and dozen of missiles firing simultanously :D) - but for resupply I have to rely on not-so-cool Colossus and Nomad. I can live with that, but IMO Arawn or Bayamon working as proper carrier would make this mod even better :)

Also, one of your ships (Bayamon i believe) has 25k container storage (similiar to what other carriers have), but also 30-40k solid and liquid storage. Is this intended or something left by mistake?
Not yet, i hope i got some time this weekend for further tests.
The bayamon is the pirate XL ship. It has fewer weapons, hull and armor but more storage for raiding trade ships. :-)

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 22:04

sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 10. Oct 19, 15:12
The bayamon is the pirate XL ship. It has fewer weapons, hull and armor but more storage for raiding trade ships. :-)
Ok, that makes sense ;)
Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 9. Oct 19, 16:27
Probably you need c.a 300 fighters armed with missiles ;) I'm currently using Mk1 module and if I throw 100 S fithters with missiles against Eureka, I lose 5-10 of them. In my previous game I was fighting Bayamon Protectors, losing c.a. 15-25 S's of 150 engaged in such combat. Anyway, swarm of fighters, missiles and torpedoes, not dozens of destroyers, is what you need. *

* - your expirience may differ if not using VRO mod ;)

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sun, 13. Oct 19, 19:43

Wonsz wrote:
Thu, 10. Oct 19, 22:04
sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 10. Oct 19, 15:12
Ok, that makes sense ;)
I think i have found the problem, but it takes some time to fix that, because i have to edit every single ship. :roll:

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Sun, 13. Oct 19, 22:57

Well, for now mod provides some fine battleships with good firepower and challenging enemies, so I'm not complaining ;)
However, I think I found more serious problem. Maybe it's your mod, maybe it's vanilla issue, I'm not sure - but after building larger fleets I noticed that subordinate M ships (Nemesis, Osprey) are trying to dock at wing leader Taranis. Problem is - Taranis has no M docks nor M space. As a result, subordinate M's are stranded with 'critical' dock order, I can't cancel it nor give another order, the only workaround I figured is to take the helm personally (that cancels 'critical' dock order if M is far enough from Taranis) and change commander before new 'dock' order is issued.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 13. Oct 19, 23:43

it probably uses carrier AI and they do this, kind of annoying even if they have docks bc after every action they go dock, then get stuck waiting to dock while new enemies come and shoot at them

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 09:07

Probably you're right. But in most cases this is just annoying - I can cancel order manually or, if docking is already in progress, wait for it to finish and then regain control of the ship. But when ship is trying to dock on other ship with no proper dock for it (like M on Taranis), problem gets more serious - ship sits in place defenceless for hours and there's no way to clear it's order queue (other than described in my previous post - but I don't want to do this with 20 or 50 M's).
Howewer, it's not critical - I'm simply not assigning M's directly to Taranis any more and everything works just (I wanted to say "fine", but I just couldn't do this ;] ) as in vanilla

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 11:29

Wonsz wrote:
Mon, 14. Oct 19, 09:07
Probably you're right. But in most cases this is just annoying - I can cancel order manually or, if docking is already in progress, wait for it to finish and then regain control of the ship. But when ship is trying to dock on other ship with no proper dock for it (like M on Taranis), problem gets more serious - ship sits in place defenceless for hours and there's no way to clear it's order queue (other than described in my previous post - but I don't want to do this with 20 or 50 M's).
Howewer, it's not critical - I'm simply not assigning M's directly to Taranis any more and everything works just (I wanted to say "fine", but I just couldn't do this ;] ) as in vanilla
Yeah, my ships are classified as XL ships and these ships use the egosoft carrier AI. I can't do much about it.
Thats the reason why some of my ships with a main gun don't fire with these or not very often.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 20. Oct 19, 20:39

Hi Sco,

I am working on a XR Ship pack mod and I would like to use some of the work you put into importing the Arawn, Taranis and some more from XR. I would still change some aspects like module positions and number of turrets or values, but it would save me a lot of work if I can use your mod as a base.
The goal of my ship pack is a bit different than yours. All ships in my pack shall be balanced towards the other ships with only a few more turrets. I also dont want to put extra races into it.
Balancing, extra races or scrips can then altered by other mods which use my pack as a base.

In regards, of course you can use all my imported ships as well (as anyone else can do this).

Also I have another question to the players of this mod:

When you sit in the cockpit of the Arawn.. do you see a lot of texture flickering? Because I have a lot of flickering but only in the Arawn (OK I have only checked the Taranis also so far).
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

walkedav
x4

Post by walkedav » Mon, 21. Oct 19, 04:42

I have a lot of trouble with the ai docking small ships on the Arwan m3. is there a fix or an update in the future planned to address the docking paths?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Mon, 21. Oct 19, 13:30

Max Bain wrote:
Sun, 20. Oct 19, 20:39
Hi Sco,

I am working on a XR Ship pack mod and I would like to use some of the work you put into importing the Arawn, Taranis and some more from XR. I would still change some aspects like module positions and number of turrets or values, but it would save me a lot of work if I can use your mod as a base.
The goal of my ship pack is a bit different than yours. All ships in my pack shall be balanced towards the other ships with only a few more turrets. I also dont want to put extra races into it.
Balancing, extra races or scrips can then altered by other mods which use my pack as a base.

In regards, of course you can use all my imported ships as well (as anyone else can do this).

Also I have another question to the players of this mod:

When you sit in the cockpit of the Arawn.. do you see a lot of texture flickering? Because I have a lot of flickering but only in the Arawn (OK I have only checked the Taranis also so far).
Hey Max Bain,
sure, feel free to use my ported Taranis and Arawn.
Use my mod as base is not a good idea i think, because i have a lot of changes in it and not only ships. But you can grab Arawn and Taranis out of it and use it in your mod, this should be a lot easier.
Can you make a screenshot of the flickering? Never noticed this before. :gruebel:
walkedav wrote:
Mon, 21. Oct 19, 04:42
I have a lot of trouble with the ai docking small ships on the Arwan m3. is there a fix or an update in the future planned to address the docking paths?
What kind of problems and with which docking bays you got the problems?
I will rework the araw, when the x4 converter will get improved.

dinojc
x4

Post by dinojc » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 03:26

So I got an interesting bug, when i dock or teleport to my flagships I get stuck. I can move the camera around but I can't walk. On the argon ships I can take control of the ship as the bridge console is close enough to be interactable but once I step away, I am still stuck and need to teleport out. The paranid ships have the control console too far away to be interacted with making them unable to be player controled. I would really like to fly these these new ships as the ai has some difficulty flying the ship effectively.

MrXoT
x4

Post by MrXoT » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 16:33

dinojc wrote:
Fri, 27. Dec 19, 03:26
So I got an interesting bug, when i dock or teleport to my flagships I get stuck. I can move the camera around but I can't walk. On the argon ships I can take control of the ship as the bridge console is close enough to be interactable but once I step away, I am still stuck and need to teleport out. The paranid ships have the control console too far away to be interacted with making them unable to be player controled. I would really like to fly these these new ships as the ai has some difficulty flying the ship effectively.
Maybe you disable cockpit?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 28. Dec 19, 12:00

X4: 3.0 beta 4

ror\libraries\god.xml

Code: Select all

utf8 => utf-8
ror\libraries\constructionplans.xml

[=ERROR=] 0.00 ConstructionPlanSequence::Import: predecessor skipped in entry 1 because no predecessor specified for macro 'dockarea_arg_m_station_01_hightech_macro' in construction plan 'ror_station'

[=ERROR=] 0.00 'ror_eureka_mk3' has one or more turrets in engine group 'group-back-engines'! @Artists

[=ERROR=] 0.00 Non-virtual module 'dockarea_ror_single_m_macro' does not have a wreck geometry defined
[=ERROR=] 0.00 'ror_eureka_mk1' has one or more turrets in engine group 'group-back-engines'! @Artists

[General] 0.00 Starting new game using gamestart 'startmenu' in 3.00

[=ERROR=] 0.00 Unexpected library parameter 'MinefieldGoal' in MD cue md.FactionLogic.TTCFactionLogic_Manager

[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Mesh::Mesh] could not find a valid meshsource for mesh assets\fx\explosionfx\explosion_l_01_explosion01_smokestreak_01_data\anim_smoke01-lod0.xmf!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 AssetManager::GetAssetIntern() invalid handle(255:16777215)
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Mesh::Mesh] could not find a valid meshsource for mesh assets\fx\explosionfx\explosion_l_01_explosion01_smokestreak_01_data\anim_fire01-lod0.xmf!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Mesh::Mesh] could not find a valid meshsource for mesh assets\fx\explosionfx\explosion_l_01_explosion02_firestreak_01_data\anim_sparkles-lod0.xmf!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Mesh::Mesh] could not find a valid meshsource for mesh assets\fx\explosionfx\explosion_l_01_explosion02_smokestreak_01_data\fire-lod0.xmf!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Mesh::Mesh] could not find a valid meshsource for mesh assets\fx\explosionfx\explosion_l_01_explosion02_smokestreak_01_data\smoke-lod0.xmf!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 [Mesh::Mesh] could not find a valid meshsource for mesh assets\fx\explosionfx\explosion_l_01_explosion02_nova_01_data\anim_nova01-lod0.xmf!

[=ERROR=] 0.00 'ror_eternaldawn_mk1' has one or more turrets in engine group 'group-back-engines'! @Artists

[=ERROR=] 0.00 'ror_eternaldawn_mk3' has one or more turrets in engine group 'group-back-engines'! @Artists

[=ERROR=] 0.00 'ror_sanctuary_mk1' has one or more turrets in engine group 'group-back-engines'! @Artists

[=ERROR=] 0.00 'ror_sanctuary_mk3' has one or more turrets in engine group 'group-back-engines'! @Artists

[=ERROR=] 0.00 aicontext<order.mining.routine,0x2fca5>: minbuy is greater than maxbuy. cannot find spaces. resetting minbuy to 0.

dinojc
x4

Post by dinojc » Sun, 29. Dec 19, 15:26

MrXoT wrote:
Fri, 27. Dec 19, 16:33
dinojc wrote:
kind of doubt that as only the ships from this mod have this problem. any vanilla ship or other modded ship I have work just fine and yes I have tried testing if mods are conflicting and they are not as seven alone this mod still has the frozen character bug the moment it touches the ship.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sun, 26. Jan 20, 14:24

dinojc wrote:
Sun, 29. Dec 19, 15:26
MrXoT wrote:
Fri, 27. Dec 19, 16:33
dinojc wrote:
kind of doubt that as only the ships from this mod have this problem. any vanilla ship or other modded ship I have work just fine and yes I have tried testing if mods are conflicting and they are not as seven alone this mod still has the frozen character bug the moment it touches the ship.
Sorry, i can reproduce this behavior. Got this bug sometimes with vanilla ships in the past but this was with ego patch 1.3 or something.
Did you try with a new game and with no other mods but ROR activated?

I will fix the other bugs in the debug.logs in the next few weeks.

walkedav
x4

Post by walkedav » Sat, 1. Feb 20, 02:49

What kind of problems and with which docking bays you got the problems?
I will rework the araw, when the x4 converter will get improved.
Sorry I missed the question for several months... BUT on the Arwan M3 when docking the small fighters and scouts on the front dicking platforms they get real wonky, it's the vertical docks up front.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”