Stuck in a wreck found in Nopileos's Fortune II

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lyam Telos
x4

Stuck in a wreck found in Nopileos's Fortune II

Post by Lyam Telos » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 15:01

Hi !

I've found a wreck in Nopileos's Fortune II and managed to break in. I found two corridors and activated one switch in each. It opened the doors in the main room and I activated two more switchs inside the new corridors. Now I'm here and don't know what to do to continue this exploration. I've found no crate or loot at all and I've been looking around the wreck to, maybe, find another entrance... Without success.

I've been several times in each corridor to find newly opened doors or more switch but can't find any.

Does anyone know how to get to the end of this wreck-puzzle?

Thanks!

Chris0132
xr

Re: Stuck in a wreck found in Nopileos's Fortune II

Post by Chris0132 » Fri, 11. Oct 19, 19:50

Head back to the large central room, if you've activated all the switches it raises some cargo containers in that room with your reward.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 02:10

Teleport to another ship or station of yours. Assuming you have the Player HQ mission chain completed and researched teleportation.

Lyam Telos
x4

Post by Lyam Telos » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 12:11

I returned to the main room, I saw the light on the ground turn green but no loot at all.

I already got teleportation and don't know why I should use it given that I will have to redo the puzzle entirely. Maybe you are suggesting me to try it again?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 15. Oct 19, 02:12

Lyam Telos wrote:
Mon, 14. Oct 19, 12:11
I already got teleportation and don't know why I should use it given that I will have to redo the puzzle entirely. Maybe you are suggesting me to try it again?
It was in suggestion to you being "stuck in a wreck". Teleportation will allow you to become unstuck but it will likely reset any puzzle progress. Maybe I miss understood in what way you were stuck.

Lyam Telos
x4

Post by Lyam Telos » Tue, 15. Oct 19, 14:40

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 15. Oct 19, 02:12
Lyam Telos wrote:
It was in suggestion to you being "stuck in a wreck". Teleportation will allow you to become unstuck but it will likely reset any puzzle progress. Maybe I miss understood in what way you were stuck.
Stuck in the puzzle, not in the environment. I can't find the reward. I'm basically looking for a solution or someone telling me that I did something wrong or miss something :P.

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Wed, 16. Oct 19, 12:13

Lyam Telos wrote:
I returned to the main room, I saw the light on the ground turn green but no loot at all.

That's... weird, once you activate all the things the reward's supposed to appear in the main room. Not sure what to suggest in that case, you're not missing any more locations, you do the switches in the vents at the top of the room, then you do the switches through the doors at the far end, and that's it as far as I remember?

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 21:05

So to update this, I just retried this wreck on an older save file, and I also cannot get it to dispense a reward. I'm wondering if it may be a bug. I've activated the two leaks in the upper level vents, and the two through the doors which turn the lights in in the far corridor, and there is no further activity. Last time I did this it dispensed a part of the SETA engine in the central room, but this time it does nothing? This may be a bug?

etonbears
x4

Post by etonbears » Tue, 22. Oct 19, 22:28

Finally got around to looking at that station myself today, and I get the same experience as you. The "reward" is a pile of non-interactive packing cases in the main room.

I guess someone forgot to put the final step in the script to actually spawn the reward; so yes, I would say it's a bug.
----------------------------
Hardware Used :
Storage : SATA3 SSD
Memory : 32GB
CPU : i7 3820 / X79
GPU : GTX 1070Ti

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Tue, 29. Oct 19, 03:43

I think it's a recent one if so, because I have done this wreck before and it used to dispense the final SETA component which I couldn't find elsewhere.

gorgofdoom
x4

Post by gorgofdoom » Tue, 10. Dec 19, 04:43

I've done this before. If you don't get to the loot before it de-spawns it'll appear that there wasn't any to begin with. I suggest saving before you hit the last switch. or park an s ship in the large room (if you can, i don't remember) to teleport to.

For the dev's, it would be better if the loot was spawned in a 'lootbox' as it would avoid the despawn issue. Perhaps a 10- lock version, but not spinning since you already did the puzzle?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”