[Exploit] Marine Training, and Free Fleets

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scott C.
x4

[Exploit] Marine Training, and Free Fleets

Post by Scott C. » Sat, 2. Nov 19, 17:14

Don't know if this has been outed, but I haven't seen it....

Take every available Assemble Fleet mission, including the isht ones that cost you credits.

Crew L/XL with 1 captain only, and minimum shielding required. Crew M with 1 captain, and 1 service crew.

Park all newly minted ships at a station close to the mission drop point. Transfer all new captains to a troop transport of yours. This nets 4-5 spawned pilots for your future use.

Pilot(personally) any L/XL to drop point. For the M(s), make lone crew member pilot, and set to follow the L/XL.

Mission will complete, and there will forever remain this bunk fleet... until someone kills it, or you steal it...
The M's will not do anything, and will bail via comms with little to no firing.

For extra exploitation points, board L/XL with as many marines as it can hold. You will lose none, and it seems boarding ghost ships builds the same skill as dying in mass during more challenging ops.

Enjoy while it lasts.

PS: Almost forgot, little to no rep hit. Unpiloted ships don't go hostile, and the M's only rep hit the initial attack. When they bail(and explode lol) you don't get the kill and corresponding rep hit

Addendum: If the drop point is close to a station, capping M's is more difficult, and will result in sector response/rep hit.
Last edited by Scott C. on Sun, 3. Nov 19, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Scott

RainerPrem
x4

Re: [Exploit] Marine Training, and Free Fleets

Post by RainerPrem » Sat, 2. Nov 19, 20:45

Scott C. wrote:
Sat, 2. Nov 19, 17:14
Don't know if this has been outed, but I haven't seen it....

Take every available Assemble Fleet mission, including the isht ones that cost you credits.
Variant: Use one Fighter and two L freighters of your own. Park them next to each other. One of the freighters completely empty, the other full with marines - no pilot. Sell freighter A to PGA, then board it using freighter B. Sell freighter B to PGA, the board it using freighter A. Rince and repeat.
= Money, Training and no rep loss.

Scott C.
x4

Post by Scott C. » Sat, 2. Nov 19, 21:09

Lol! Love it.

Breakin games is part of the fun. Given the difficulty of gettin these meatbags up to snuff I'm even inclined to utilize it while it lasts.
Cheers,
Scott

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 7. Nov 19, 16:43

The main issue with this is that outside early game, boarding ships is utterly pointless in X4 as building your own high end brand new ones become trivial late gate. You do not even need skilled marines to defend against boarding as only the player can board other ships. Marines only purpose is to look smart in L and XL ship bridge and to board other ships.

Scott C.
x4

Post by Scott C. » Sat, 9. Nov 19, 09:56

I don't need incentives to enjoy piracy, but perhaps some will come along.... I'll be happy I achieved my marine training goals if they do.
Cheers,
Scott

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 10. Nov 19, 14:18

The not losing rep for bailing/boarding is likely an oversight as well. It does not count as you killing the ship so does not occur a rep penalty. Logically it should incur one, especially boarding where you are meant to murder everyone on the ship.

Waltz99
x4

Post by Waltz99 » Mon, 30. Dec 19, 12:30

When I was boarding a SCA destroyer a sector police started to attack the destoyer I was boarding.
Because the destroyers health was dropping fast I decided to kill the Argon Sector police.

I thought it was very weird I didn't even loss rep at all.
I had 22 rep with the argons and only when I killed the argon sector police ship I got the message I lose rep for unauthorized kill but my rep was still at 22.

Looks like the game really respond in a different way when you are doing a boarding mission.

Daedulus

Post by Daedulus » Sun, 5. Jan 20, 23:51

with the reputation loss you probably did loss some say like 5 points but you were like 20 points into that level so you didn't notice it... this is why i think they should show how far you are into each level within reputation and training levels

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”