X3TC/AP CLS 1 (Seemingly) Not working correctly

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Graxx Katarn
x4

X3TC/AP CLS 1 (Seemingly) Not working correctly

Post by Graxx Katarn » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 17:39

I have heard that internal CL takes into account the limitations set for each resource in the PhQ, as defined by the player, so I started setting up some pilots to do internal instead of external. I wanted a more automated way of keeping track of resource overflow in my PhQ with all of my transporters just going back and forth between my supply complex and the HQ, ignoring the limitations I had set.
The issue I'm running into is that all of my internal CL pilots just get stuck on 'CLS on standby...' whenever I try to start them doing something.

To narrow it down, here's what I've got going on:
All of the internal CL pilots are the rank of 'Logistician' (PhQ is an EQ dock, I know)
Complex still has plenty resources, production rate isn't an issue
PhQ is definitely under the limits I specified on the resources I'm trying to ship
Cargo Bay fill-to setting is 101% (Disabled)
Min storage for complex is 0%, Min storage for PhQ is 100%
I only have 1 resource assigned to each freighter, pilots are not overloaded

I can not, for the life of me, figure out what I'm missing, please assist!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: CLS 1 (Seemingly) Not working correctly

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 18:14

I'll move this to the gameplay forum (from Tech Sp) where a friendly player called Timsup2nothin who is a bit of a CLS guru might see this and help you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Re: X3TC/AP CLS 1 (Seemingly) Not working correctly

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 19:32

Hi,

I don't have any CLS1 serving my PHQ; my PHQ has CAG that buys up to Dockware Manager limit (or one shipful, if no limit).

I have CLS1 to haul weaponry from Forges to ED (CHQ). Limit is not issue there, but I think I see the issue:
Graxx Katarn wrote:
Mon, 2. Dec 19, 17:39
Min storage for PhQ is 100%
The sematics, the vocabulary of that setting is mind-boggling. Perhaps ok in original german version, but not in translation. (Or at least some of the CAG/CLS settings do have that issue.)

You told the ship to deliver, when there is more than 100% room. When PHQ is emptier than totally empty. That is never true.
Try 0% run if not at limit. (The default setting is 5%, i.e. almost full.)

On my Forge CLS1 I have something like:
Cargo Bay fill-to setting is 100% (I don't care)
Min storage for Producer (Forge) is 20%
Min storage for Consumer (ED) is 0%
Plenty of jump-fuel
Manual price: Forge barely makes profit, ED can sell to NPC with profit

The ED has strict stock limit. The 20% of Forge's stock is bit more than the ED's whole stock. My CLS1 thus starts a run when it can refill the ED from 0% to 100%.

On PHQ (I had both CLS1 and CAG for it in X3R) I would probably set the "Min storage for Consumer" to a (small) value that is about one shipful.
That "last" shipment can still fill to the limit, but the ship has no urge to "run light".
Last edited by jlehtone on Sun, 8. Dec 19, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Timsup2nothin

Re: CLS 1 (Seemingly) Not working correctly

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 8. Dec 19, 19:59

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 3. Dec 19, 18:14
I'll move this to the gameplay forum (from Tech Sp) where a friendly player called Timsup2nothin who is a bit of a CLS guru might see this and help you.
I'm pretty specialized on CLS external, but I am friendly!

I unfortunately don't have an answer off the top of my head, but will ponder it and see if anything turns up.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”