Split Python, Dragon and Tiger.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Felicitus Bigbeaver
x4

Split Python, Dragon and Tiger.

Post by Felicitus Bigbeaver » Sat, 14. Sep 19, 23:13

Hey Devs,
go on show a few pics of these ! tease me a little!

chew-ie
x4

Re: Split Python, Dragon and Tiger.

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 14:32

Here you are - the one and only Split Python :)

[ external image ]

...just teasing ;)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Felicitus Bigbeaver
x4

Post by Felicitus Bigbeaver » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 16:47

Yeah that was probably the best. I'm very interested to see the decided upon turret placement. That x2 ship looked great though

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 17:43

Dont expect any the old ships to appear in the dlc.
I tried to use some of the x3 ships as reference, but many could not be used for compatibility reasons. This is because of cockpit placement, landing gears and surface modules (engines/shields/weapons/airlock) amount/size/loaction.
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 21:09

X3 Panther and Elephant are my favorite, would be happy to see them in game.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 20. Sep 19, 19:44

Any images they were to show us now are technically pre-release development footage and as such may be subject to significant revision between now and actual release. This is why game developers in general are reluctant to show or promote such images excessively, otherwise one ends up with the infamous Age of Empires II Castle where everyone argues over why it was removed or altered or even where it is for release.

Although as someone with ties to developers and person interested in The Cutting Room Floor I find such evolution of design fascinating. A lot of people are not able to understand it sadly... In the end having to try to justify every little change to the community wastes a lot of development time and so is not very good for productivity.

Felicitus Bigbeaver
x4

Post by Felicitus Bigbeaver » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 10:04

Got to say again how much I liked the way the X2 Python looked! The video shows a ship with what looks like a double large which can fire forward! I reckon thats the new python. So its forward fire power will be at least 4 times Large turret + two cap ship weapons. It'll probably have two large shields but a delicate hull.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Thu, 10. Oct 19, 05:38

X3 Reunion Python is the most epic ship in X history. big guns on front/end and artilery for the rest and no enemy can stand in my way :D
... and a good old fighter drone swarm... :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Mon, 21. Oct 19, 06:47

linolafett wrote:
Wed, 18. Sep 19, 17:43
I tried to use some of the x3 ships as reference, but many could not be used for compatibility reasons. This is because of cockpit placement, landing gears and surface modules (engines/shields/weapons/airlock) amount/size/loaction.
I just wish for something like X3s Python/Raptor Also i like to see my docked ships inside their mothership.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Sat, 28. Dec 19, 15:22

linolafett wrote:
This is why i consider X4 a HUGE disappoinment, and also why i most likely won't buy another Egosoft product.
For some reason, you keep going backwards in quality of your games and the designs of ships, and ships
is why i play these games, your magificent ships from X3 and XR.

I don't know whoever was behind the decision for this modular crap-engine, but he/she should be looking
for a new job imo. I mean, how do you go from the majestic shipdesigns of X3TC, to the barebones - no details - designs of X4 ?.

When people say that your old games outshine your new, you've done something wrong.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 13. Jan 20, 15:30

I, on the other hand, find the new ship designs have their own majesticness to them.

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 02:17

Dreez wrote:
Sat, 28. Dec 19, 15:22
This is why i consider X4 a HUGE disappoinment, and also why i most likely won't buy another Egosoft product.
For some reason, you keep going backwards in quality of your games and the designs of ships, and ships
Huge exaggeration. The ship design in X4 has some flaws - I'd say the most egregious one is the lack of sense of scale specially in Paranid "big bellied" capital ships - but it's not that big, and there are some of them that have an amazing design like the Cerberus. Of course there is also a subjective part to it, but nevertheless I think ditching a rich and complex game like this one just for a bit of aesthetics like that is one of the must futile things one can do.
Dreez wrote:
I don't know whoever was behind the decision for this modular crap-engine, but he/she should be looking
for a new job imo. I mean, how do you go from the majestic shipdesigns of X3TC, to the barebones - no details - designs of X4 ?.

When people say that your old games outshine your new, you've done something wrong.
Nah. Because people say all kinds of things. There are people who are OK with the ship designs, people who adore them, people who just don't care. And many of them just don't think it is worth the time to publicly complain or praise. So you can't assume that just because some people say X, X is automatically right, relevant, or representative of the general opinion.

I, for one, think that X4 beats all the previous X games in almost all aspects by a wide margin. And mind you, I even understand that there are new compromises in making ships - specially capitals one - which are geometrically possible, with moving parts and fitting articulations, transparent windows and actual internal space, instead of solid chunks of 3D-modeled metal that just need to look cool, badass or fancy.
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

Felicitus Bigbeaver
x4

Post by Felicitus Bigbeaver » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 23:22

Dreez wrote:
linolafett wrote:

No. No and No. Just because I liked the design from x2 does not mean I think X4 is inferior. X4 is a stunning breakthrough of a product and will always be known as one.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”