X3TC -- CLS question - Resolved.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jamumools

X3TC -- CLS question - Resolved.

Post by Jamumools » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 20:16

Hi guys, anyone still here??

I've started up playing X3TC again, and getting to grips with CLS2 (again, but better this time, or so I thought).

My question is this - I have a pilot set up as follows:

Herrons Substation (a 2x cattle ranch L complex, switched off, housing my EC for distribution)
Unload EC max cargo
Reload jump fuel

Wheat Buy Trap (ship)
Load max cargo wheat

2 more buy traps

Space Fuel Distillery
sell wheat 50c max cargo

He's currently sat at the substation, which has c. 10,000 EC, on standby.

He's a cargo messenger, use jump drive is yes, min jump is 5, jump drive energy 260 (which is 2 trips i.e. there and back).

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong please?? Is it because I'm trying to refuel from a complex? Does it need to be a ship? I seem to remember Timsup2nothing saying something about that somewhere...

Thanks

Jamumools

Jamumools

Re: X3TC -- CLS question

Post by Jamumools » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 20:31

And now another pilot has:

Herrons substation
unload EC max cargo
refuel jump fuel
load EC max cargo

Space Fuel Distillery
Sell EC 17c max cargo

He has just jumped to the Space fuel sector, sold the EC, but not held back his return jump fuel and is about to make a LOOOONG trip back.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks

Jamumools

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 21:07

E-cells in trade cargo are not used for jump fuel. The two types are stored and accounted for separately by the different trading and CLS scripts and so selling all trade e-cells in cargo does not affect jump capability.

CLS pilots have to be at least of level 'Trader/Cargo Messenger' to use the jumpdrive.

IIRC, ships can only refuel their jump drives from SPPs, other stations that sell e-cells, or from player-owned stations with e-cells in stock. I'm not sure about that though.

From the BP CLS manual:
Jumpdrive Energy
The Agent keeps 10% of his cargo hold filled with energy cells for the Jumpdrive. Another limit can be set here to deal with longer or shorter jumps.

As far as I recall, the standard ship settings for use jump drive, jump fuel, jump range, etc are quite irrelevant for Mk3 Traders, CLS or CAG because they use their own jump and refuel scripts.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Jamumools

Post by Jamumools » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 21:28

Thanks for your reply Alan.

That's what I thought re the jump fuel tbh.

The pilot is Cargo Messenger (on both) and the EC seller used fuel to get to the Space Fuel Sector (Weaver's Tempest), but he then sold all of his remaining fuel. And the wheat seller wouldn't load from my complex, which has plenty of ECs.

I'm thinking that it's the complex that is the issue i.e. they don't want to refuel from a station unless they're buying. I've just been re-reading Tim's guide and says to have a dedicated "fuel tank" buying EC @ 15c and to instruct your pilots to refuel there. I'll give that a go tomorrow but have got to stop playing games for dinner! In fact, I can have the fuel tank load EC from my complex, which I only paid 12c for, and the sellers to refuel from him. Which saves me recalculating the jump fuel needed.

Thanks

Jamumools

Jamumools

Post by Jamumools » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 21:28

Maybe I'll just try that quickly before dinner...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 21:30

As I added above while you were replying, the standard ship jump parameter settings do not apply for Mk3, CLS or CAG duties.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Jamumools

Post by Jamumools » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 22:02

Just fyi, the solution I suggested worked a treat!!

Timsup2nothin

Re: X3TC -- CLS question - Resolved.

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 21. Jun 20, 16:33

Fuel tanks RULE!!!!
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”