[MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 7.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 4.5

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 21:19

Version 4.5 FOCW

1) Simple update, I reversed the names of all vanilla ships back to vanilla. Now, only ships added by my mod have their names changed (For example Privateer fleet, Inquisition fleet, etc.) The only exception to this is the Argon carrier fleet that defends Argon Prime, I left the name as Argon One.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 07:45

Thank you. It was bit confusing.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 15:06

Mr.Freud wrote:
Wed, 1. Jul 20, 07:45
Thank you. It was bit confusing.
Sure, but existing ships/fleets which are already named (like vanilla ships that were already named before the latest version) will not be affected. Only new ships built will be affected. Of course if you start a new game then it will work right away

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 19:54

Alright so it seems jobs may not be working as I thought it would or should. I was trying to confirm whether ships that I activated in jobs would be rebuilt once destroyed, but I don't think it is happening. Don't worry though, I already found out how to have the ships get built. Anyway, I am working on a new version and need to do a bunch of code so it will take some time but the new version will absolutely work and you will see the difference, just be prepared.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 4. Jul 20, 03:43

Version 5.0 FOCW

1) Almost complete rewrite of the whole mod (UGH!). Took a while to get everything working, but now it should be working well!

2) A lot of work under the hood and now ships will be built and patrol properly. No ships will spawn at all. Every single ship is built and will go on patrol or attack things depending on what you activate.

3) Now, you just need to edit one file for all options. Follow instructions in the file. Open focwsetup.xml to edit the options. Make sure to not touch anything else in there.

4) Just a reminder, be careful what options you select and keep in mind your system. The way things work is there is a threshold for each option and every now and then, new ships will be ordered. So for example, if you select the light version of the destroyers for all factions, each faction will be able to build 2 extra destroyer flotillas. They won't build them immediately, but over time they will order up to the threshold. Once the threshold is met, they won't order more unless one gets destroyed.

5) Keep in mind that it takes time for ships on patrol to order their subordinates, this is a vanilla thing. The difference is that in vanilla, you start a new game and everything is spawned in but later when it builds new ships, they don't necessarily get their subordinates until a while. The ships will order subordinates but not usually for a little while depending on circumstances.

6) You will know which ships are added by this mod because they all have different names (For example, Argon Expeditionary fleet, Argon Privateer fleet, Antigone Republican Guard, etc.)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.0

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 4. Jul 20, 05:53

By the way, I would advise that you not activate any Xenon Carriers because they are just too brutal ugh heh, unless of course you are prepared to help the universe take them out when they come through.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 17:59

Some initial impressions. The economy is having trouble keeping up with ship production which I think is normal, but also provides a lot of opportunity for trade. You might want to set lower numbers until you have good infrastructure up to supply factions with lots of goods. Everything is working though, just you might not see a lot of ships from FOCW if the faction doesn't have the capacity to build them.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 6. Jul 20, 05:23

Another update with more observations as I play. Am now over 40 hours into this game and as the game progresses and the economy becomes more stable, a lot more ships are being built. So I was happy to see as I was flying, 3 flotillas of Privateer Behemoth Vanguards (Argon, added by FOCW) and then a fourth Privateer flotilla in another sector. I also saw several Inquisition and reformation fleets (both HOP and Paranid). Lots of squadrons flying around ( Milita squadrons, Privateer squadrons, Mercenary squadrons, etc.)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 6. Jul 20, 17:44

Please give me feedback if you are using the mod in the long term. Also, if anyone has any requests (for fleets or types/configuration of fleets or perhaps more options) let me know! I will also be working on a new version of my Corporations mod which together with this and maybe some other future plans (pirates) will make a complete FOCW package.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.1

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 9. Jul 20, 21:17

Version 5.1 FOCW
1) Many minor fixes to incorrect edits/mistakes I made in the code. This should fix all the mistakes and everything should be working properly but let me know if there are any issues.
2) Many new options! Make sure to check out the config as there are now many options to choose from including even more ships if you want! Keep in mind that with Hatikvah, who do not have their own shipyard, they may or may not be able to order ships depending on availability at the shipyards they order from (mainly argon and antigone). Seems to be no issue with them ordering frigates and fighters, but it seems very difficult for them to order destroyers.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.1

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 10. Jul 20, 19:26

Version 5.2 FOCW

1) Some minor fixes in the code.
2) Changed Ministry to now patrol member sectors (Teladi and Ministry).

As always, don't forget to open the focwsetup.xml file with notepad or some type of editor so that you can configure options.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.2

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 03:01

Version 5.3 FOCW

1) I made a small mistake in the code for where Ministry ships would patrol and so they wouldn't patrol properly. This is fixed.

Sorry for the mistake but at least it won't affect your game too much, minor issue.

Falcrack
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.3

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 04:23

How well does the FOCW mod play with VRO? Also, I have the Faction Enhancer War mod installed, would this mod replace the function of that mod?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 05:34

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 11. Jul 20, 04:23
How well does the FOCW mod play with VRO? Also, I have the Faction Enhancer War mod installed, would this mod replace the function of that mod?
This mod is compatible with all mods and how it performs depends on your system and how you configure the options. I am playing with everyone on full and it runs fine, but I have a pretty powerful pc.

This mod will work fine with VRO as it doesn't touch anything VRO does. This mod adds new ships which patrol/attack stuff. So it will go well with VRO.

It also works fine with Faction Enhancer War mod since that does completely different stuff. If you do not like the features of Faction enhancer war mod or want to play closer to vanilla, than just use FOCW. Currently, I don't use Faction enhancer and the game is pretty stable (As in not tons of turnover of sectors, but there are some sectors which flipped and my current save is over 5 days in of real time.) Tons of war activity going on as I constantly get the messages (since each faction has more ships to play with and they are being rebuilt at a good pace). Of course a lot of this is dependent on what you want. If you want a super dangerous universe, just ramp up Xenon and don't touch any others. Or if you want certain factions to be stronger, give them extra ships, etc. I guess the main differences between this and Faction enhancer war mod is that the entire war aspect and economy is handled by vanilla scripts, but because of the additional ships added by this mod it has a huge impact on the war and economy. Faction enhancer war mod does quite significant changes to the vanilla scripts and such. So it works fine with or without faction enhancer. Hard to explain, try it both ways and share your experience. By the way, in FOCW, if you activated the fleets that attack the player then if a faction doesn't like you they will send fleets after your stations.

I still need to update, I thought I fixed the ministry issue but it is giving me problems bleh.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 13. Jul 20, 19:13

FOCW Version 5.4

1) Just a minor fix to ministry ships so that they patrol Teladi sectors

Also, check out FOCW Corporations which is brand new (no longer just an immersive mod).

Tanvaras
x4

Re: [MOD] Foundation of Conquest and War V. 5.4

Post by Tanvaras » Mon, 13. Jul 20, 23:38

Thanks Blackrain, Always enjoy your mods.
“We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
“Talent is a pursued interest"
“Let's get crazy.”
“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.”

Bob Ross, 29 October 1942 - 4 July 1995

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 16. Jul 20, 02:26

started new game with 5.4.
Disabled everything except for Xenon. In HOP space I noticed a lot of "Ares Fighting Group"s. Are those added by FOCW?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 16. Jul 20, 03:45

Mr.Freud wrote:
Thu, 16. Jul 20, 02:26
started new game with 5.4.
Disabled everything except for Xenon. In HOP space I noticed a lot of "Ares Fighting Group"s. Are those added by FOCW?
If you disabled everything except for Xenon then there shouldn't be any ships added by my mod, except for Xenon ships. Not sure what the "Ares Fighting Group's" are.

My ships have names like Privateer fleet, Republican Guard, Company security, Constable fleet, Revolutionary fleet, Oppression fleet, etc. Xenon have names like Terraformer Overseer or Terraformer Supervisor fleet or along those lines.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Thu, 16. Jul 20, 10:42

Brand New to this Mod, got setup question

The info says the setup file is got all options set to off by default

But the setup file seems to have all values set to their highest by default, unless am reading the setup wrong.

could you please clarify with this example

<!-- Do you want to activate additional Xenon Miners and Xenon Energy Transport ships? 1 for Yes and 0 for No -->
<set_value name="$activateXenminers" exact="1" />

=============================================================================================

To activate the above option i change to

<!-- Do you want to activate additional Xenon Miners and Xenon Energy Transport ships? 1 for Yes and 0 for No -->
<set_value name="$activateXenminers" exact="1" />

To Deactivate the above option it becomes

<set_value name="$activateXenminers" exact="0" />

Could you please clarify
Thanks

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 16. Jul 20, 14:08

Yeah that is just me making a mistake as i sometimes do lol. To turn something off, it is 0. I play with everything on max so i sometimes forget to change it when I upload new versions.

It is a symptom of uptoolateitis

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”