The X-BTF money cheat. I kinda need help.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

FlightJunkie
x4

The X-BTF money cheat. I kinda need help.

Post by FlightJunkie » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 20:19

So, I decided to finish X-BTF. I will be brutally honest. X-BTF is shallow, grindy, ugly and super slow. Going through it is an exercise in patience. So I just want to get through it and move into X-Tension(haha really funny guys), which hopefully is better. In anycase, to my surprise BTF has no cheats, mods or anything really. There doesn't seem to be any editable .ini file or something. The only thing I was able to find is a hex editor change. The instructions are unclear and me thinks, obsolete. If someone knows of this cheat, and has a detailed explanation on what I have to do, let me know.
this is not a xenon-> :xenon: its a Borg

Praefectus classis
x4

Re: The X-BTF money cheat. I kinda need help.

Post by Praefectus classis » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 13:31

Your way to getting money in XBTF is to set up factories. The funds will eventually come in so fast you won't be able to spend it fast enough especially when your ship is fully expanded with speed and cargo upgrades. Each factory will hold up to 20 million credits. I was lucky in one game start, I found some lost cargo by one of the south gates in a Teladi sector. It contained, if I remember correctly, two or three microchips (or was it computer parts). It allowed me to set up a power plant with change to spare for the required crystals.

Someone on a Russian site made an editor for the earlier games but I've never had any reason to use it.

X-Tension improves on XBTF and is is still my favourite game of the series.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

FlightJunkie
x4

Post by FlightJunkie » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 17:54

I've set up a few factories, but they are quite a hustle as you need to babysit them. Solar plants need crystals, and only I can provide them with crystals not to mention that You have to be at the factory to change prices. I have not experienced that speedy gain from factories in the 30 hours I am playing. I have to waste time flying back and forth between factories for a few dosen thousands.
this is not a xenon-> :xenon: its a Borg

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 23:43

Set up a solar power plant in Greater Profit not far from the Crystal Fab. Set the price at 10 credits and try to get at least 1000 crystals in it before going on a wander. They are a pain to micro-manage but they can be quite profitable. Teladium foundries in Boron sectors are good money earners. I put a computer fab right in the middle of Menelaus Frontier. All the resources for that are in the sector. That made good money but you have to have some spare credits to load it up before it gets noticed. Wheat farms in Argon sectors make good money too.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Kwon

Post by Kwon » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 00:33

FlightJunkie wrote:
Thu, 30. Jul 20, 20:19
If someone knows of this cheat, and has a detailed explanation on what I have to do, let me know.
If it is yet needed. Here, editor for the increase of speeds of ships and patch for cheat mode:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FzM-si ... sp=sharing

Excuse me, it is machine translation.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”