[Split plot] Destroy ZYA Defense Station

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jannix
x4

[Split plot] Destroy ZYA Defense Station

Post by jannix » Fri, 4. Sep 20, 03:20

Hi,

I am at the point in the plot after you pay 400 million credits to the dude in the Cobra. The next task I am asked to do is to destroy a ZYA Defense Station in Tharka's Ravine XXIV. This is easy enough to accomplish, but it wrecked my reputation with the ZYA from +20 to +12 (so I lost capital ship and equipment buying capabilities). I noticed there were a few patrol ZYA rattlesnakes in FRF space in nearby sectors who came by and agressed my fleet right afterwards. Returning fire started wrecking the ZYA reputation even more.

The problem in my current game is that ZYA is quite weak. They lost most of their sectors to the Xenon early on and even lost their remaining sectors to the Argon from Guiding Star. It was a grind to get reputation up from -15 to +20 initially. But now that they have no more sectors that they own other than Tharka's Ravine XXIV and the Xenon has been exterminated mercilessly :D I am not sure how I would even recover the reputation back.

Is there a way to proceed in the plot when siding with the Curbs without taking a massive reputation hit with ZYA? Thanks ahead of time for the responses here.

Stu Austin
x4

Re: [Split plot] Destroy ZYA Defense Station

Post by Stu Austin » Fri, 4. Sep 20, 05:28

Hello. I went that way too. It was well worth it to finish the plot (destroy the defense platform). Things will change and the Split will have a new name. Since I finished the plot, it was well worth it. If you want to see the outcome, take your saves and put them in a safe place and continue on. I don't want to spoil it for you.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 8. Sep 20, 12:20

jannix wrote:
Fri, 4. Sep 20, 03:20
The problem in my current game is that ZYA is quite weak. They lost most of their sectors to the Xenon early on and even lost their remaining sectors to the Argon from Guiding Star.
... now that they have no more sectors that they own other than Tharka's Ravine XXIV
Are the ZYA in Ravine a result of plot action? AFAIK, AI does not seed colonies in "deep space" -- beyond own borders.

Is it too late to nurture ZYA in Ravine (even if it requires some stepping on toes)?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 8. Sep 20, 21:07

There is no way to destroy a Defence Station of any faction and not loose a good deal of rep.

That said, and I have not reached that point yet, the thing is that at the end of the plot ZYA will not exist any more, so you standing with them is of no consequence the way I see it. I'm pretty sure that the new Patriarch (a puppet of the Curbs) will look kindly on you... afterall you brought him to the throne didn't you?

Then there is another issue to consider. You were able to provide the massive fleet to the Curbs, you were able to pay 400 million credits with no return. This means that you are on an end stage of the game (where you loose interest). Wouldn't you like to have something more to do? Like building reputation with the faction that succeeds ZYA?

jannix
x4

Post by jannix » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 07:43

Thanks for the responses folks. And yup, I proceeded to blow up the station and complete the plot. It was worth it to see it to conclusion. :)

Overall, I really enjoyed this plot and am enjoying the Paranid one now.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”