HQ relocation in 4.0 boys!!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

HQ relocation in 4.0 boys!!

Post by Axeface » Tue, 17. Nov 20, 21:12

When you log into a 4.0 game Boso will message you letting you know that theres new research and Its HQ relocation! Thanks egosoft, Ive wanted this since release and it will really help me make my empire my own. One thing, im guessing this is because its beta but you can use it to wipe out whole sectors very quickly ;p Hope the cooldown is going to be VERY large instead of 10 seconds :D

chew-ie
x4

Re: HQ relocation in 4.0 boys!!

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 17. Nov 20, 21:17

Yeah - unfortunately my current playthrough started as a "no-teleport" game. Oh well, I've to break that rule now in order to test this stuff. :(

Suggestion! Although it is tech-wise coupled to the the player teleport, a different research branch would be very much appreciated :) At the end it is tied to the unique HQ - should be possible to explain that.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 17. Nov 20, 21:40

My suggestion is to play-test the public beta and find such things out. Bugs and difficulties relating to aspects of what is actually in the beta belong in the public beta forum. Suggestions and general comments, hopefully based on informed beta play rather than just speculation, can be made in this forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 17. Nov 20, 21:56

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 17. Nov 20, 21:40
My suggestion is to play-test the public beta and find such things out. Bugs and difficulties relating to aspects of what is actually in the beta belong in the public beta forum. Suggestions and general comments, hopefully based on informed beta play rather than just speculation, can be made in this forum.
What was this in reply to exactly? If it was to my comment on wiping out sectors what I said in the OP was from playtesting, hq relocation research takes 10 seconds and is repeatable - assume a large time cooldown and resources will be added later.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 17. Nov 20, 22:10

That's a valid reason to say the current implementation is not correct - but that needs a report in the beta forum if you want the devs to notice.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Tue, 17. Nov 20, 22:44

Just going to build a wall of Defense Modules, and teleport my PHQ right next to each Xenon Defense Station in succession. The freaking DEATH STARRRRRRR!!!

THAT'S NO MOON... BLAAAAAP!

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 17. Nov 20, 23:02

oddible wrote:
Tue, 17. Nov 20, 22:44
Just going to build a wall of Defense Modules, and teleport my PHQ right next to each Xenon Defense Station in succession. The freaking DEATH STARRRRRRR!!!

The act of moving it destroys everything in radar range anyways ;p

Tanvaras
x4

Post by Tanvaras » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 02:29

oddible wrote:
Tue, 17. Nov 20, 22:44

That's gold!!
“We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.”
“Talent is a pursued interest"
“Let's get crazy.”
“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.”

Bob Ross, 29 October 1942 - 4 July 1995

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 02:51

Heretics End is MINE! MINE! HAHAHAHAHA!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 03:43

Is this a prelude to the return of jumpdrives? Because as far as I can see it, if you can jump a station, why not a ship?

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 04:49

Could we keep revelations like this in the Spoilers forum?
viewforum.php?f=182
Instead of blaring it out in the title in a Foundations forum post.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 07:20

Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 18. Nov 20, 03:43
Is this a prelude to the return of jumpdrives? Because as far as I can see it, if you can jump a station, why not a ship?
I'd say no. Because as always in these discussions JD would break the game design Egosoft was aiming for when replacing the JD with the player teleporter - nothing changed so far.

Spoiler
Show

Rei Ayanami
x4

[4.0 beta] PHQ can be used to annihilate factions

Post by Rei Ayanami » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 14:24

I haven't unlocked it yet ingame, but if it really can be exploited that much then maybe it needs some limitations, such as
- target location needs X kilometers radius of unclaimed space (larger than station weapon ranges, so it can't be used offensively... maybe 50 km?)
- unable to teleport into sectors that belong to enemy factions
- only able to teleport to player owned sectors or sectors where your faction relationship is at least +X (>20~25 maybe? Could be used as an additional incentive to get a high relationship rank).
- if you want to teleport a player HQ to a neutral sector you first have to establish ownership by building a station with an administrative module there.

Axeface
x4

Re: [4.0 beta] PHQ can be used to annihilate factions

Post by Axeface » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 15:03

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Wed, 18. Nov 20, 14:24
I haven't unlocked it yet ingame, but if it really can be exploited that much then maybe it needs some limitations, such as
- target location needs X kilometers radius of unclaimed space (larger than station weapon ranges, so it can't be used offensively... maybe 50 km?)
- only able to teleport to player owned sectors or sectors where your faction relationship is at least +X (>20~25 maybe? Could be used as an additional incentive to get a high relationship rank).
- if you want to teleport a player HQ to a neutral sector you first have to establish ownership by building a station with an administrative module there.
I dont really agree with any of this im afraid (Its also voiced so I dont think its going to change), you currently just have to select a nav beacon for boso to target. I like the current implementation and think it should just have a large cooldown (several hours or even days), and perhaps a fairly large resource cost (perhaps involving nvidium?).
alt3rn1ty wrote:
Wed, 18. Nov 20, 04:49
Could we keep revelations like this in the Spoilers forum?
viewforum.php?f=182
Instead of blaring it out in the title in a Foundations forum post.
I didnt think it warranted being a spoiler, I did consider it but as soon as you enter the game its the first thing that happens. Plus its sitting there on the research page.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 15:18

Requiring nvidium is a great idea.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

zakaluka

Post by zakaluka » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 20:19

Well, this means I can actually do a proper ZYA playthrough now.

szafran
x2

Re: [4.0 beta] PHQ can be used to annihilate factions

Post by szafran » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 10:34

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Wed, 18. Nov 20, 14:24
- relocation to player owned sectors only
- vast amount of resources required for each relocation

This should be enough and also it gives a reason to claim a sector.
szafranopedia v.0.2
nieoficjalna encyklopedia świata X2
statystyki statków, uzbrojenie, rangi
http://szafran.civ.pl/szafranopedia/

szafran
x2

Post by szafran » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 10:47

Falcrack wrote:
My suggestion: jumpdrives yes, it may be interesting - but only for XL class ships.
No jumpdrives for destroyers. Carriers and auxiliary ships allowed. Maybe also builders.
Each jump require resources, but not energy cells. Nvidium maybe, or hydrogen.
It may change gameplay in an interesting way.

Fly safe!
szafranopedia v.0.2
nieoficjalna encyklopedia świata X2
statystyki statków, uzbrojenie, rangi
http://szafran.civ.pl/szafranopedia/

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 10:49

Falcrack wrote:
No, it isn't. For the same reasons as all the previous times it's been brought up. ;)

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 11:35

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 19. Nov 20, 10:49
Falcrack wrote:
No, it isn't. For the same reasons as all the previous times it's been brought up. ;)
Thanks for not giving in :D

Spoiler
Show

Return to “X4: Foundations”