[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Chre903
x3tc

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.4d

Post by Chre903 » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 00:17

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 00:04
That gives you a very powerful item for you to move across the galaxy quickly in the early-mid game. Unfortunately you'll have to reload to a previous save if you want it.
Checked a second Save, it gave me only a Datascanner, which i could cheat back in. Does it Unlock more then that later on?

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 00:23

Chre903 wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 00:17
Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 00:04
That gives you a very powerful item for you to move across the galaxy quickly in the early-mid game. Unfortunately you'll have to reload to a previous save if you want it.
Checked a second Save, it gave me only a Datascanner, which i could cheat back in. Does it Unlock more then that later on?
Whoops, I was thinking of another one. The data scanner can be crafted eventually (that item is given initially when you travel to ~2 sectors and trigger some dialogue), but you'll get another item sometime after completing your ascension.

It's a pain to have a hanging mission that's impossible to complete imho.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 10:32

The mission should be checked whenever you load your game. The station is then different if the previous one doesn’t exist anymore. All missions have a check pass on game loading.

Chre903
x3tc

Post by Chre903 » Fri, 20. Nov 20, 15:35

Joubarbe wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 10:32
The mission should be checked whenever you load your game. The station is then different if the previous one doesn’t exist anymore. All missions have a check pass on game loading.
Cannot confirm. Double checked and landed at all Stations but the Outpost. Reloaded multiple times. If its only the Datascanner i can Cheat one in, im more concerned about the consequences of not finishing this quest.

(please ignore my Naming Scheme, it make me remember my Units and Ships for once :o)

Love the new Mayham so far

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 00:40

Chre903 wrote:
Fri, 20. Nov 20, 15:35
Joubarbe wrote:
Cannot confirm. Double checked and landed at all Stations but the Outpost. Reloaded multiple times. If its only the Datascanner i can Cheat one in, im more concerned about the consequences of not finishing this quest.

(please ignore my Naming Scheme, it make me remember my Units and Ships for once :o)

Is the station outside of the satellite's range (150km)? If so, you may want to look for a trader/supply ship where its destination is that station in that sector. (This was how I found one of those ore mines FAR AWAY from the center of the sector, as some sectors may have asteroids/mines located really far away.) Alternatively, place more satellites near each gate to cover more area.

Check the sector info by going to Ministry of War -> sector list -> look at that sector's station count. For example, if it says 8/8 but you see only 7/8, that means there's 1 station that you have not found yet.

Chre903
x3tc

Post by Chre903 » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 17:21

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Sat, 21. Nov 20, 00:40
Chre903 wrote:
Joubarbe wrote:

Is the station outside of the satellite's range (150km)? If so, you may want to look for a trader/supply ship where its destination is that station in that sector. (This was how I found one of those ore mines FAR AWAY from the center of the sector, as some sectors may have asteroids/mines located really far away.) Alternatively, place more satellites near each gate to cover more area.

Check the sector info by going to Ministry of War -> sector list -> look at that sector's station count. For example, if it says 8/8 but you see only 7/8, that means there's 1 station that you have not found yet.
Station count is equal to the Number shown in the Sector list. I as well have cheat explored the Universe, there is no Ore station there. It still say Ore Mine alpha in Emperor Mines.

EDIT: Teladi just invade Emporers Mine back. With only a Solar Plant and Outpost in Sector, i reloged again, and it sill wants me to go to the Ore Mine.

Favorgalaxy

Post by Favorgalaxy » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 13:55

Chre903 wrote:
Sat, 21. Nov 20, 17:21
Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Sat, 21. Nov 20, 00:40
Chre903 wrote:

Station count is equal to the Number shown in the Sector list. I as well have cheat explored the Universe, there is no Ore station there. It still say Ore Mine alpha in Emperor Mines.

EDIT: Teladi just invade Emporers Mine back. With only a Solar Plant and Outpost in Sector, i reloged again, and it sill wants me to go to the Ore Mine.
Google transleiter...

I faced this problem when there was no time to complete a quest, and when I gathered the station was destroyed and the sector was captured by another faction.
There are 2 solutions that I found:
1) wait for the factions to attack and capture the sector again( it may take a long time)
2) use the cheat menu and destroy stations until the faction builds the alpha ore mine in this case.
When you receive such station, joined your quest be updated, indicating that you need to fly to another station in another sector, this time fly right past its destruction) in the end, the quest can be run anytime, even if the sector is a draw( in this case, you can grab yourself and build the specified type of station)

djmidex
x4

Post by djmidex » Sat, 28. Nov 20, 01:47

i need help! how can i edit pirate spawn rate?

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Sat, 28. Nov 20, 03:00

There's a few options in the Mayhem 3 T-file.

1. <t id="209">900</t> <!-- Pirate fighters spawning delay, in seconds. (default: 900) -->

2. <t id="221">1</t> <!-- Scale pirate fighters spawn to the size of the player territory. If set to 0, only one pirate will spawn at each cycle. (default: 1) -->

3. <t id="219">50</t> <!-- Pirate limit in all the galaxy. (default: 50) -->

djmidex
x4

Post by djmidex » Sun, 29. Nov 20, 04:20

i`ve got another issue, dont know if it is caused by editing pirate settings in T-file, but
the game crashes at the same moment everytime i load it. (about 20-30 sec with seta)
savefile:https://yadi.sk/d/64305lktlEN0Og
galaxy: https://yadi.sk/d/LjSrSr4yvlzK3Q

dunderhead327
x3ap

Post by dunderhead327 » Mon, 7. Dec 20, 12:57

My alternative ship and racial descriptions can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

To use them, just drop both files into your \addon\t folder. Comments and constructive criticism are welcome.

The files and text therein may be freely used in any user mod of any of the X-games, or elsewhere.

@Joubarbe Please feel free to incorporate these files or text in any future version of Mayhem, in any form you deem appropriate.

Hope you like them!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 7. Dec 20, 18:08

@dunderhead327: Thanks, I’ll do that sometimes. I don’t have access to anything related to X3 right now. Maybe for Christmas.

hnabais

Post by hnabais » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 16:42

I haven't play X3 in the last 5 years.
Last weekend I decided to return to it and install LU + Mayhem.

I install everything from default and started a new galaxy.
This what I felt being a new player to this "mod":
- I'm playing as a trader most of the time making runs with SETA 10x and boy the war mechanics is way way to fast. Lots of sectors start at war with each other, lots of stations being destroyed too fast.
- I can't find equipment docks to buy equipment.
- I can't sell ships found or captured.

I know I'm not supposed to dock to race outposts, and I can't find shipyards or equipment docks.

I have some questions even after watching some Youtube tutorial videos:
- How do I slow the sector wars (if possible)
- Where can I find the equipment docks, or must I finish ascension and build my first outpost before being able to get equipment?

TIA

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 19:50

hnabais wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 16:42

- I'm playing as a trader most of the time making runs with SETA 10x and boy the war mechanics is way way to fast. Lots of sectors start at war with each other, lots of stations being destroyed too fast.

I know I'm not supposed to dock to race outposts, and I can't find shipyards or equipment docks.

- Where can I find the equipment docks, or must I finish ascension and build my first outpost before being able to get equipment?

TIA
Mayhem 3 does not have equipment docks, but you can buy guns/shields from private companies (they occasionally have trade stations in sectors) or pirates. But you shouldn't need to because all ships you salvage should come fully equipped.

I suggest not to slow down the wars, instead trade deeper in a faction's territory if it really bothers you. However the wars are an excellent source of salvaged freight and ships, which is much more lucrative than trading. Wars are also good for trade because it makes factions build new stations, which always offer amazing deals since their initial stocks are empty. Competing traders also get blown up so that's good for you too.

You can't sell ships. Use them to explore and to build up your early game fleet before you get the ability to produce them.

You might also consider trying out Mayhem 2. It preserves a lot of X3's original mechanics while still containing all the Mayhem war and player sector ownership functionality.

Crellion
x3tc

Post by Crellion » Fri, 18. Dec 20, 10:22

XenonArchitect7 wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 19:50
hnabais wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 16:42

TIA
Mayhem 3 does not have equipment docks, but you can buy guns/shields from private companies (they occasionally have trade stations in sectors) or pirates. But you shouldn't need to because all ships you salvage should come fully equipped.

I suggest not to slow down the wars, instead trade deeper in a faction's territory if it really bothers you. However the wars are an excellent source of salvaged freight and ships, which is much more lucrative than trading. Wars are also good for trade because it makes factions build new stations, which always offer amazing deals since their initial stocks are empty. Competing traders also get blown up so that's good for you too.

You can't sell ships. Use them to explore and to build up your early game fleet before you get the ability to produce them.

You might also consider trying out Mayhem 2. It preserves a lot of X3's original mechanics while still containing all the Mayhem war and player sector ownership functionality.
Is this still possible? How? Can you still find it after Mayhem 3 came out? I am asking not because Mayhem 3 is not better but simply because I didnt get to play M2 and I would love to.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Fri, 18. Dec 20, 11:16

the file section in Mayhem's ModDB site still has Mayhem 2 available for download.

grayx

Post by grayx » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 06:20

Mayhem 3. Just an opinion: not be able to sell captured ships is somewhat... disappointing (probably done because of economy balancing, but still...). The only options if you claim ships are to maintain them or destroy them iirc. You can't even give it to some empire for some good standing points or something... It breaks the "suspension of disbelief" bubble and frankly is a big letdown in this otherwise very immersive mod.
If it's too much to implement ship sales, maybe the whole "maintenance" fee should be slightly overhauled, i.e. maintenance fees should be applied only to ships that are "active" (that are active out in space, are "actually" being used). But, the whole "can't sell a ship" thing is really a letdown imho.

Another thing: I couldn't be able to find "Collect ware in SECTOR" command (there is only "collect ware") for manually ordering ships to collect all wares in a particular sector (I know there are "looters" assignment from the outpost menu, but I'm referring to the manual command). Is it possible to be implemented, balancing-wise?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 15:42

djmidex wrote:
Sun, 29. Nov 20, 04:20
i`ve got another issue, dont know if it is caused by editing pirate settings in T-file, but
the game crashes at the same moment everytime i load it. (about 20-30 sec with seta)
savefile:https://yadi.sk/d/64305lktlEN0Og
galaxy: https://yadi.sk/d/LjSrSr4yvlzK3Q
Could you upload your modified T-file?

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 20:19

grayx wrote:
Mon, 21. Dec 20, 06:20
Mayhem 3. Just an opinion: not be able to sell captured ships is somewhat... disappointing (probably done because of economy balancing, but still...). The only options if you claim ships are to maintain them or destroy them iirc. You can't even give it to some empire for some good standing points or something... It breaks the "suspension of disbelief" bubble and frankly is a big letdown in this otherwise very immersive mod.
If it's too much to implement ship sales, maybe the whole "maintenance" fee should be slightly overhauled, i.e. maintenance fees should be applied only to ships that are "active" (that are active out in space, are "actually" being used). But, the whole "can't sell a ship" thing is really a letdown imho.

Another thing: I couldn't be able to find "Collect ware in SECTOR" command (there is only "collect ware") for manually ordering ships to collect all wares in a particular sector (I know there are "looters" assignment from the outpost menu, but I'm referring to the manual command). Is it possible to be implemented, balancing-wise?
Well, you can recycle ships which is like selling if you then sell the resulting resources. As for maintenance, if you get an Outpost with a drydock, then any ships in there are maintenance-free.

grayx

Post by grayx » Tue, 22. Dec 20, 04:09

4square425 wrote:
Mon, 21. Dec 20, 20:19
grayx wrote:
Mon, 21. Dec 20, 06:20
snipy
Well, you can recycle ships which is like selling if you then sell the resulting resources. As for maintenance, if you get an Outpost with a drydock, then any ships in there are maintenance-free.
Thanks, yes, forgot about recycling and I didn't know about the drydock maintenance-free feature. Do you get it automatically by building the first Outpost or there is a build option for it?
Either way, I was talking about "pre-Outpost" gameplay in particular, and indeed the mod is obviously meant to be played with building Outpost asap and progressing with the "story", not hold it back, but I like to be "exploratory" for a while and in that period it's hard to handle new loot, including bailed-out ships, let alone items dropped. Ah, well...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”