HQ relocation in 4.0 boys!!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: HQ relocation in 4.0 boys!!

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 17:58

4.00 Beta 1 HotFix 1 corrects the PHQ relocation not having requirements before use.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 21:16

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t we therefore have a very expensive and cumbersome ship jump drive, if you dock a fleet to your PHQ? I hope to test it out this weekend.

I’m still hoping for some kind of ship/ware teleporter, if not jump drives then maybe a station module, like the current Venture module, that can warp ships between similar modules you have built around the galaxy?

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 22:00

I'd rather have option to not do NPC mission and have Research tied to actual gameplay like upgrading weapons tied to owning some weapon fab. Moreover i don't like concept of PHQ when it is something Ego wants to give me instead of me building it anywhere i want. Normally i wouldn't care much about freebie but i need that freebie if i want research.

Thankfully there is mod that removes need for PHQ to research stuff.

rubahax4
x4

Post by rubahax4 » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 12:55

In my new start (3.30 + 4.0 veta), I decided to abandon the headquarters. It has become more difficult, more interesting, more immersion in the X universe.
But there is one small problem - nowhere to put your inventory.
Maybe for people like me to make a warehouse in the administrative center, or other ideas?
I think it's not difficult, otherwise someday ...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 13:11

Well you could just drop your inventory into a floating lockbox somewhere convenient and safe from random firefights.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 18:49

rubahax4 wrote:
Mon, 23. Nov 20, 12:55
But there is one small problem - nowhere to put your inventory.
They're in my pockets. Where else?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 00:02

One little thing I have found out so far regarding the PHQ relocation, is if you are using a mod which has the PHQ in another sector (than the games default one) then you will not be able to complete the first of the two researches as if looks like (beg to be proven wrong) Egosoft have it hard coded that the PHQ is in a certain sector.
Sooo, if your PHQ is based in another sector and you try placing a nav beacon as the first research/quest line tells you to nothing will happen. (Proved this by putting a nav beacon in the sector where the base "should" have been and the research/quest triggered and continued.)
Not tried the second research one yet as the resources to get for that one are making things a little hard... :lol:
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 01:12

That must be mod specific behaviour,
cos I manually moved (save game edit) my PHQ to another sector some while ago,
& after updating to 4.0 beta I could complete both researches & place beacons & teleport the PHQ.
Both to same sector (part 1) & different sector (part2).

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 01:22

Yea, very well could be, maybe the mod one didn't change everything that you changed by manually editing the save file.. No matter, hopefully once I complete part 2 it will let me move it :)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 15:13

First,
alt3rn1ty wrote:
Wed, 18. Nov 20, 04:49
Could we keep revelations like this in the Spoilers forum?
viewforum.php?f=182
Instead of blaring it out in the title in a Foundations forum post.
Agreed, why isn't it moved yet?
2nd, the station transport should be part of the research menu tree. And require LOTS of wares to complete.
And
Rei Ayanami wrote:
Wed, 18. Nov 20, 14:24
I haven't unlocked it yet ingame, but if it really can be exploited that much then maybe it needs some limitations, such as
- target location needs X kilometers radius of unclaimed space (larger than station weapon ranges, so it can't be used offensively... maybe 50 km?)
- unable to teleport into sectors that belong to enemy factions
- only able to teleport to player owned sectors or sectors where your faction relationship is at least +X (>20~25 maybe? Could be used as an additional incentive to get a high relationship rank).
- if you want to teleport a player HQ to a neutral sector you first have to establish ownership by building a station with an administrative module there.
{EDIT} if you build a station without buying a plot it lowers rep so shouldn't moving a station into a faction owned sector do the same?
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 15:27

The player base really wanted this facility and it is being included in the next update release; it's just that the details of the mechanics, requirements and consequences are still being ironed out in the beta process. There are no spoilers there because it isn't finished yet. Speculation about it can be fun, but is pretty pointless otherwise. :wink:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 16:07

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 24. Nov 20, 15:27
Speculation about it can be fun, but is pretty pointless otherwise. :wink:
Pointless speculation is raison d'être of Fora, isn't it? :roll:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 21:58

Well that's interesting, went to continue to get stage 2 of the moving HQ this morning, but was greeted with this screen:

[ external image ]

Dunno if it's a mod that has made it disappear or not, but stage 2 "used" to be there...

xant
x4

Post by xant » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 22:03

Seems like a bug; since the newest update I'm missing both HQ teleport techs. And since I don't play the beta with mods...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 22:04

Things changing during a dynamic beta process don't *have* to be a bug. If you look at the official beta changelogs, the beta shouldn't even include PHQ relocation yet.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 22:09

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 24. Nov 20, 22:04
Things changing during a dynamic beta process don't *have* to be a bug.
Wouldn't such changes be included on the changelog then? There is no mention of changing or removing the PHQ teleport tech, aside from the earlier change in costs with [Beta 1 HF1].

It is only logical to assume some kind of error.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 22:10

.. or a work in progress.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 22:11

Maybe they just wanted to tease the players with something they are never gonna release and just want to proof that they actually are able to pull that one of if they wanted to. I mean it was supposed to come with 3.0 and we still don’t have HQ relocation.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 22:17

Yeah, they'd spend a whole lot of their dev time doing just that. :roll:

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 22:21

Don’t wanna know how much time Lino spend to hide cookies on XR stations ...

Also I’ve seen developers spending lots of time and end up scrapping things. That’s not even that uncommon. Egosoft also did that in the past.

Return to “X4: Foundations”