[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Betelgeuse97
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.6

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Mon, 11. Jan 21, 05:25

I notice that the OCV invasion in phase 3 is "too slow" as in it still spawns 1 wave at a time (albeit faster at 30min interval instead of 3 hour interval in the original 3.0 release), but with ~100 sectors it'll take a good 2-3 in-game days to finish this phase. Considering that phase 3 should be "the end of the world" kind of invasion, this is too easy for a late-game or end-game player to handle. (Phase 2 OCV invasion when terraforming is consistently tougher when comparing to phase 3 invasions that vary between 1 M6 + 1 M4 up to a small fleet of 1 M2 + couple M7 per wave.)

With X4 4.0 coming out, will you plan on modding X4 such as enhancing some of the features present there such as shipbuilding and sector takeover (ships in X4 still spawn from thin air such as SCA ships)?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 11. Jan 21, 09:03

There is a t-file option to remove the 1 wave at a time.

I won’t mod X4.

tormox
x4

Post by tormox » Mon, 11. Jan 21, 15:21

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 11. Jan 21, 09:03
I won’t mod X4.
:lol: but all the shineys. :P

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Mon, 11. Jan 21, 21:26

I noticed that the IBL and PAA were changed to be "flak weapons" in 3.5, but I still notice in the encyclopedia (and in practice) when they're used. They still have slow fire rate for a flak weapon and are more like their original counterparts. Is this intended?

For reference, iirc:
- IBL: 3 shots/min (20 second cooldown)
- PAA: 7 shots/min (~8 second cooldown)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 11. Jan 21, 21:41

I should have just said that the projectiles of both weapons now end with an explosion, instead of just disappearing. And only flak weapons do that. But that’s only what I’ve changed really.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Mon, 11. Jan 21, 21:44

Haven't seen the end result when their timer expires yet :lol:

Another observation I noticed (currently playing on 1 sector only; don't have anywhere else to go!) is that loyalty points aren't consumed when buying a ship but are when a favor point is bought. Is the former intended?

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 12:02

8x8 map with everyone starting at 1 sector is really hard, harder than I thought. I was 6 in-game hours in and there were only 3 unknown sectors left. Immediately after I got my TL and took over my first sector, I noticed that the AI left 2 unknown sectors afterwards (they were behind a Xenon sector but 1 was open; however, Xenon sectors don't stop battle groups from flying over) after 90%+ of the galaxy was already taken.

But I have a few questions:
- Since the galaxy expansion was set to none, that means AI should've taken over those sectors but I have yet to see the AI try to conquer them ever since I took my first one. Given that the AIs started with 1 sector (that means they're free to expand as soon as the game starts), shouldn't they have taken it or is it intended that they "left a couple sectors" for me to take?
- I noticed that Xenon spawning doesn't seem as frequent. I know its fleet strength is tied based on the number of sectors I have, but what about the time between spawns? (In my previous game where I had ~20 sectors they were spawning every hour, but in this game where I have only 1 sector, they were spawning once every 2 hours or so unless I didn't see a spawn.)

I also made some observations/tips based on my first 24 in-game hours being stuck on 1 sector:
  • Despite Terran ships supposedly being superior, most Terran ships are not worth making, let alone use. They may be better but some (notably their TS) have higher maintenance costs and may not be as practically good as their commonwealth counterparts.
  • Scanning a ship will not be interrupted when the targeted ship docks; the scan will be completed as usual as long as you've started scanning prior to their docking into a ship or station.
  • I believe that your ship order can be preempted and it has the lowest priority in the queue when you place an order at an outpost. That means that when that outpost needs to make ships for its AI fleet, your ship won't be produced until that outpost has no more ships to build. (Need to verify this.)
  • You can beat the game without ever building or using a research station in Mayhem 3. (Going to try this challenge since I haven't built a research station yet.)
  • Pirates spawn every 15 minutes; they're that good for marine training and getting ships, so killing a pirate base isn't always a good idea.
  • When you need to go to war for more space, Yaki and other warring factions can help by depriving your soon-to-be enemy of capital ships when the defending fleet is too strong for your "weak" fleet of M3s only.
  • M4s may be nice to build, but if you're tight on resources, you don't want to lose too many ships. A cheap and "weak" M3 like the Barracuda is a better and more durable option over making M4s. Also, in terms of the amount of shield per crystal, 25 MJ has a higher ratio over 5 MJ.
  • Of the three weakest guns (they all deal comparable damage with each other and cost the same to make; we'll just say their shield damage is the same for simplicity), the IRE is the best for fire rate and energy efficiency but has the worst range. MD has the best hull-to-shield damage ratio (50% instead of 33% when compared with IRE and PAC) and range but uses up the most energy. PAC is somewhere in the middle.
  • In older versions of Mayhem 3, you could simply train marines by putting them into ships and have those ships attack anything. It seems that now the ships have to be in a fleet and follow a fleet command to attack something to get XP.
    • Example: Before, you could have a wing of 4 ships and have them attack an enemy to get XP. Doing the same thing now will yield no XP; however, they will still get XP if they're with their fleet commander and their commander has issued a fleet command such as "fleet: attack all enemies."
  • Your starting TL is a very good tank for invading your first sector(s) when you equip it with 6 extra 1 GJ shields.
  • Looters and tugs will never pick up loot and ships in an enemy sector. For example, in the early game, if there's loot in a Xenon sector, only you can take it until you clear the Xenon completely from that sector.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 13:06

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Wed, 13. Jan 21, 12:02
But I have a few questions:
- Since the galaxy expansion was set to none, that means AI should've taken over those sectors but I have yet to see the AI try to conquer them ever since I took my first one. Given that the AIs started with 1 sector (that means they're free to expand as soon as the game starts), shouldn't they have taken it or is it intended that they "left a couple sectors" for me to take?
It is intended that they "left a couple sectors".

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 13:45

There is the tepukei TL that spawns when it comes to pick up or drop stuff off at a player's outpost via the orbital storage perk. Can that TL be boarded?

EDIT: off-topic: possible bug. I noticed that my M7C (Ariadne and Tern (from my previous experience) specifically) doesn't launch its fighters when my fleet leader issues a fleet command. However, with normal carriers (and the griffon iirc), the fighters are launched. Considering that these two ships should launch fighters as light carriers, is this a bug?

Steps to reproduce:
- Get an Ariadne, Tern, (and any other M7s that can carry ships). Not sure about griffon but try that too.
- Get a fleet leader other than those two ships. (Something like a Thresher M7 as leader will do.)
- Get a bunch of fighters.
- Assign the mentioned M7Cs and fighters to the fleet leader. The fighters should dock in the M7C.
- With the M7Cs and fighters in the fleet, assign a fleet command to the fleet leader (e.g. invade sector).
- When the fleet leader arrives to the sector, only the fighters not docked in the M7Cs and the fleet leader will attack. The fighters in the M7C (M1 works fine based on previous experience; needs verification for current version?) will not help the leader.

Save and galaxy (they're located in Shore of Infinity): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... ZGOfduljn6

Also noticed that the marine boarding still leads to corrupt save games, but I still don't know why. I've seen this only one time so far, but will have to board another ship and get both a corrupted save and a save file (don't have that right now).

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 16. Jan 21, 08:32

Hello Joubarbe. I can't say with certainty, but if there is no such command for the ship, could you add this:

Collect all containers in the sector.

Thank you.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 16. Jan 21, 08:44

You need to have a Looter for that.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 16. Jan 21, 09:27

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 16. Jan 21, 08:44
You need to have a Looter for that.
Oh ok. Thank you. :oops:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 16. Jan 21, 10:33

@Betelgeuse97 (and poney guy): do you have an antivirus in the background?

EDIT: Also, have you ever noticed the savegame corruption during a boarding operation, instead of after?

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sun, 17. Jan 21, 00:48

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 16. Jan 21, 10:33

EDIT: Also, have you ever noticed the savegame corruption during a boarding operation, instead of after?
None so far during the operation, but I've done only two boarding operations. I have to do more (but kind of slow with only 1 EMP use per 4 hours!).

Yes, I have antivirus in the background.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Mon, 18. Jan 21, 10:48

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 16. Jan 21, 10:33

I just got a corrupted save during a boarding op. Save is uploaded to the same folder I linked at the top of page 579 (this page). Save X01 is before the EMP + boarding operation and (corrupted) save X02 is during the operation. (Save X05 is for the bug regarding M7Cs not launching fighters.)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 18. Jan 21, 11:02

Thanks, this will be fixed in 3.7.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 00:09

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 18. Jan 21, 11:02
Thanks, this will be fixed in 3.7.
BTW, what does it mean that certain tasks (e.g. acquire blueprint) can be done only once? Each ship will always come with one and only one archive, thus only one blueprint of that ship can be obtained. Does this mean that the "blueprint" task can be done only once in the entire game across all ships or multiple times across unique ships (e.g. you can get the blueprints of a boarded griffon and zeus but not from a 2nd zeus)?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 06:24

The task will shown as completed, even if you exfiltrate to reset the current deck.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”