[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.7c

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 08:54

Mayhem 3.7c released

Flickering menus fixed (Menu.GetAgentsOnJob). Also added 'EXPERIMENTAL' keyword to the Prologue gamestart description, and shorten the tooltips about galaxy size in the galaxy generator to avoid any confusion.

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 13:27

Cool thanks, will try that !
EDIT : no more flickering indeed 👍

Other question : is there a way to not auto rename/color Couriers when updating their route and restarting the command?

I looked in the Global Ship Rename menu but it only offers the option for Outpost Agents/Traders...

aksonometrya
xr

Post by aksonometrya » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 17:09

Sorry for the stupid question, is there any Kha'aks in Mayhem 3? In the description it is written about Hive queens, but in the encyclopedia I did not find their mention

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sun, 24. Jan 21, 00:24

aksonometrya wrote:
Fri, 22. Jan 21, 17:09
Sorry for the stupid question, is there any Kha'aks in Mayhem 3? In the description it is written about Hive queens, but in the encyclopedia I did not find their mention
The encyclopedia starts with only ships you can research. There are kha'ak ships (only the hive queen), but that comes around once every in-game day.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sun, 24. Jan 21, 07:26

More bugs!

Looks like the boarding operation starts by listing all the rooms and tasks; an avid reader can use this to cheat in the boarding operation by knowing what to do given that information. This looks like debug messages that shouldn't be shown:

Also, I'm on 3.7c and I notice that missiles are still not destroyed by lasers even though they should've been in 3.7b.
Save (same galaxy as before): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... ZGOfduljn6

There's about 50-60 enemy ships there and that should be enough to test missiles.

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.7d

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 24. Jan 21, 13:38

Mayhem 3.7d

Removed the debug message above.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Mon, 25. Jan 21, 02:21

Still buggy with boarding. The marines don't correctly list what rooms they're working in. Example:

X06.sav shows the incorrect rooms. Another bug also happens when completing the "deactivate lasers" task (see deck 2 of the ship in that save); the lasers don't stop shooting when that task is complete.

Also, the changelog says that lasers not shooting down missiles was reverted with 3.7b but they still cannot.

X07.sav is a corrupted save from after the boarding operation (but there's still corruption during boarding, but encountered that only when I finished "deactivate lasers").

Saves attached:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... ZGOfduljn6

EDIT: another bug. The marine shouldn't be shown as "hiding" after taking control of a ship as its pilot.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 25. Jan 21, 08:50

Yeah that’s probably the end of the whole marine system.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Mon, 25. Jan 21, 09:03

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 25. Jan 21, 08:50
Yeah that’s probably the end of the whole marine system.
Getting a little too hard and too much even for a good programmer :lol:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 25. Jan 21, 09:35

Well it’s been a while that I’m of the opinion that boarding in X is a bad idea, in terms of gameplay. A hacking thing would be good, but for now, I’m just going to deactivate marines, because this system is too independent from the game, and obviously, the engine doesn’t like it.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Mon, 25. Jan 21, 19:17

Heyo! I've a bug in my game, but first of all I'm using Hectorx's rebalance mod, a custom font, and a reshader mod (which shouldn't affect Mayhem).

I've a bug where both hull plating and quantum tubes say 474 on the ship construction screen, then I check the inventory using the station info screen and it says they both have 476, then when I look at the ship construction screen again they both have 158, but the inventory screen still shows 476.

If you load my save game and build three nexus traders, you'll see they get added to the build queue but production never begins.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i1D-df ... sp=sharing

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Tue, 26. Jan 21, 02:57

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 25. Jan 21, 09:35
Well it’s been a while that I’m of the opinion that boarding in X is a bad idea, in terms of gameplay. A hacking thing would be good, but for now, I’m just going to deactivate marines, because this system is too independent from the game, and obviously, the engine doesn’t like it.
It's a shame because of how well it worked aside from the corruption. I wonder how compatible the Data Relay from X-Missions Reloaded would be.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 26. Jan 21, 13:06

4square425 wrote:
Tue, 26. Jan 21, 02:57
It's a shame because of how well it worked aside from the corruption. I wonder how compatible the Data Relay from X-Missions Reloaded would be.
It is. But the worst of all is that I cannot even reproduce this bug - and you both provide very useful savegames, so thanks for that, but I prefer to have a working mod :) Savegame corruption is pretty critical...

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 26. Jan 21, 19:34

temetvince wrote:
Mon, 25. Jan 21, 19:17
Heyo! I've a bug in my game, but first of all I'm using Hectorx's rebalance mod, a custom font, and a reshader mod (which shouldn't affect Mayhem).

I've a bug where both hull plating and quantum tubes say 474 on the ship construction screen, then I check the inventory using the station info screen and it says they both have 476, then when I look at the ship construction screen again they both have 158, but the inventory screen still shows 476.

If you load my save game and build three nexus traders, you'll see they get added to the build queue but production never begins.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i1D-df ... sp=sharing
You did something very wrong in your install. Hector and I cannot load your savegame, it says that it's corrupted. Your savegame shows a Mayhem 2.9.13, which is very bad.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Tue, 26. Jan 21, 22:02

Joubarbe wrote:
Tue, 26. Jan 21, 19:34
You did something very wrong in your install. Hector and I cannot load your savegame, it says that it's corrupted. Your savegame shows a Mayhem 2.9.13, which is very bad.
That's because I'm a dingleberry and sent you the completely incorrect savefile, sorry! Let's try again, shall we?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RhEi7W ... sp=sharing

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 27. Jan 21, 08:37

Access denied.

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Wed, 27. Jan 21, 17:12

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 27. Jan 21, 18:04

All good, thanks for the report. Ship costs actually ignore the quality set, so it's always based on Normal quality. If you are used to pay garbage, you got scammed, but if you prefer very high quality, you always had a good deal :)
Will be fixed in 3.8.
(the menu shows the good price though)

hephasttus
x4

Post by hephasttus » Wed, 27. Jan 21, 19:50

I am totally loving the mod and the continued updates/support, thank you so much for keeping this game alive.

I can't play X4 due to the god awful optimization and clunk, such a disappointment but the game has so much potential.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 28. Jan 21, 16:17

3.8 Missiles Overhaul

Missiles have gone through a complete overhaul. The main idea is to reduce the confusion that exists between all the different types of missiles, and also to modify the vanilla gameplay by sticking a bit more to a believable model.

The first major change concerns the classification of missiles. You have three categories:
  • Fox 1: Semi active radar homing. These missiles are not heatseeker and require a locked target to be fired. They are rather slow and have a medium range. Fox 1 missiles can only be identified by CCDS MK1. The identification process can be done at high range and is mandatory for a chaff to be fired at the incoming missile.
  • Fox 2: Infrared. These missiles are heatseeker (they can lock a missile instead of a ship) and do not require a lock. They are fast and have a short range. Fox 2 missiles can only be identified by CCDS MK2, at medium range.
  • Fox 3: Active radar homing. These missiles are not heatseeker and do not require a lock. They have an optimal speed and a high range. Fox 3 missiles can only be identified by CCDS MK3, at short range.
  • Artillery missiles: Unguided, aka Dumbfire. These missiles can only be fired by M7M. They have the highest speed, the highest range, the highest damage and the highest price. Considering their wild nature, it is not possible to intercept artillery missiles with CCDS and chaffs. Like all other missiles however, they can be destroyed by laser fires, even though all missiles are a lot more resistant than in vanilla.
All missiles are racialized and every race has one of each type of missile.

The AI has been improved to fire missiles in the most efficient way possible, and also to keep good game performance and balanced gameplay. Therefore, the AI does not use missiles when out of sector. The AI will also fire a missile only if the target has low shields, or none at all. Finally, the AI uses M8, but it doesn't use M7M. Each M8 has all CCDS built-in and can protect nearby allies.

Fighters cannot fire missiles. The only ship classes that can are M1, M2, M6, M7, M7M and M8. Artillery missiles can only be fired by M7M, while Fox missiles can be fired by all other classes.

There is no hotkey to manually fire a chaff. That's because CCDS have an extremely low chance of missing, and that you, as a human, cannot beat a radar.

All missiles come with new descriptions / lore, and a reduced set of 4 icons:

Here you have Fox 1, 2, 3, and Artillery, for Argons and Borons.
Laser icons will also be re-colorized to reflect their racial main ownership.

For other incoming changes, see 3.8 changelog.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”