Factions getting steamrolled

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

quickzombie18

Factions getting steamrolled

Post by quickzombie18 » Thu, 11. Feb 21, 19:37

Hi is there a way early game I can help factions from getting steamrollerd? For example I'm not long into a new 4.0 beta game, I have the HQ, a number of miners and a few combat ships but not yet 20 rep with any faction. Antigone is almost gone with only antigone memorial left and one of the 3 below the argon sectors. Will Antigone recover and take back sector's if I carry on? The xenon seem insane and have a massive fleet patrolling the sector to the right of antigone memorial so I don't think they have long left. Thanks

Cha0s_lord
x4

Re: Factions getting steamrolled

Post by Cha0s_lord » Thu, 11. Feb 21, 19:55

Early game, you can supply the factions with the materials they need to build ships.You only need a few transporters to make a difference, plus you turn a profit. Identify what the economy bottleneck is, and help them with that. Early game it is often hull part distribution.It won't stop the Xenons but it will buy you time.
Now, you're a little bit past the point where you can fly transporters through the Void to the Antigone shipyards. If you can help them by ferrying goods from within the Memorial, do so. Otherwise you'll see Xenons are slow to expand, and shipyards are tough. Antigone might survive. If they don't, you can start planning for a rescue expedition. Once you kick the Xenon out of a sector the factions will often build there, including a shipyard.
In my game it's Zyarth I needed to constantly help...

quickzombie18

Post by quickzombie18 » Thu, 11. Feb 21, 21:48

At least they will recover then. I was worried my game was past it even if I did kick out the xenon.
When you say get there economy up and running would flooding them with miners do that? I was looking into traders but its taken ages to get 2 nearly 3 star people and I think you need 3 stars.

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Thu, 11. Feb 21, 21:57

quickzombie18 wrote:
Thu, 11. Feb 21, 21:48
At least they will recover then. I was worried my game was past it even if I did kick out the xenon.
When you say get there economy up and running would flooding them with miners do that? I was looking into traders but its taken ages to get 2 nearly 3 star people and I think you need 3 stars.
Yes and no, if you can provide them raw resources to revive their economy they will do great. However if you extend their economy past what they could naturally produce, then remove said trader, then not so great.
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

Cha0s_lord
x4

Post by Cha0s_lord » Thu, 11. Feb 21, 22:50

Solutions vary. Identify the bottleneck by looking at what supplies their shipyards are missing, and mining might not be the solution.

Let's assume it's hull parts (it often is).
See if it's easy to buy hull parts in their area. If it is, then it's a distribution issue (probably because their traders got blown up by Xenons), and you need transports to ferry the hull parts to their shipyards.
If there's a shortage of hull parts, then you need to figure out why. Go scan a hull part factory and see what they are missing. If their raw materials are full, then it's a production capacity issue and you probably want to help them build more hull parts factory (or build your own). If one raw material is missing (say refined metal), check distribution and production as before. Repeat until you find what's causing the bottleneck and fix it.

It won't do any good to flood them with miners if the issue is production capacity for example...

I've seen wildly different shortages and solutions. I've seen a claytronic shortage that was caused by quantum tube distribution issues. I've seen a weapon part shortage that was caused by production capacity issue. And the very frequent hull part shortage that's often due to distribution.

Tidaar
x4

Post by Tidaar » Fri, 12. Feb 21, 10:39

:P Its nice to hear Xenons play their intended role as a menace. I would not worry about the factions. You can use resources to help them recover. Also if you are worried about a certain faction just put some ships to keep gates safe and they will hold. Three captured destroyers (from pirates) with right configuration will do the job. As days go by you will end up feeling sorry for the Xenons after factions start taking back sectors.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 11:15

Tidaar wrote:
Fri, 12. Feb 21, 10:39
Three captured destroyers (from pirates) with right configuration will do the job. As days go by you will end up feeling sorry for the Xenons after factions start taking back sectors.
These.

Does (re-)equip require reputation? (I can't remember whether I upgraded boarded ship with Paranid L Plasma turrets before I had high reputation with PAR/HOP.)

M Plasma main guns outrange Xenon turrets. A player with Nemesis or Dragon with 5-6 Plasma can snipe engines and Graviton turrets from K. It is slow and not without risk, but Xenon can be killed without reputation 20 military grade lasers.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Tidaar
x4

Post by Tidaar » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 13:22

jlehtone wrote:
Sat, 13. Feb 21, 11:15
Tidaar wrote:
Fri, 12. Feb 21, 10:39
Three captured destroyers (from pirates) with right configuration will do the job. As days go by you will end up feeling sorry for the Xenons after factions start taking back sectors.
These.

Does (re-)equip require reputation? (I can't remember whether I upgraded boarded ship with Paranid L Plasma turrets before I had high reputation with PAR/HOP.)

M Plasma main guns outrange Xenon turrets. A player with Nemesis or Dragon with 5-6 Plasma can snipe engines and Graviton turrets from K. It is slow and not without risk, but Xenon can be killed without reputation 20 military grade lasers.
Re-equip does require rep unfortunately but most pirates will have some decent guns. They will need defense drones to irritate a K and keep its guns busy while the destroyer guns do the heavy pounding. This is a possible solution for players who worry about a faction being overrun without having them to interfere in the defense themselves.
Alternative cheaper solution but not as effective is to drop laser towers and friend/foe mines around a gate to slow down Xenon invasion till faction can recover. I did that for the split and worked like a charm.

quickzombie18

Post by quickzombie18 » Sun, 14. Feb 21, 11:03

I identified the shortage was hull parts as the Xenon had pretty much wiped out anything that makes them, Thanks for the guidance. Unfortunately by the time I got a factory up and running the Xenon were present in Argon Prime with a number of the larger Xenon ships patrolling about.
I've started again and started building several factories making stuff for ship building so I can offer this to the Argon and Antigone on the cheap. Just a few things I have noticed though, have some stations changed position slightly? On my old save Hatikvah's trading station was south of the hyperline and now its north of it. Also noticed the Antigone Shipyard is further North in comparison. My old save was started in 3.0. Also there was mention of dumping a ton of laser towers around the gate. Can you guy buy these under rep 10 (as ive restarted)? Is it just a case of releasing them near the gate or do I need to put a bit more organisation into it than that?
Again thanks for all the advice. I played X3 TC and AP to death but its been years between them and X4 playing so having to pick up the nuances between the different games

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 14. Feb 21, 11:43

quickzombie18 wrote:
Sun, 14. Feb 21, 11:03
I've started again and started building several factories making stuff for ship building so I can offer this to the Argon and Antigone on the cheap. Just a few things I have noticed though, have some stations changed position slightly? On my old save Hatikvah's trading station was south of the hyperline and now its north of it. Also noticed the Antigone Shipyard is further North in comparison.
I've seen many comments about random factor. That at least the initial set of faction Factories can vary. This obviously affects how/whether the economy starts to roll. It is quite possible that exact position of "government stations" is random too. You should be able to test that: start an another game and scout those locations in it. Should be quick?

I have no stations, just ships. I haul stuff from NPC to NPC. It might have lower profit margin than a factory has, but also less initial investment and I'm not bound to any particular part of the galaxy. I have done "Build Station" missions for the NPC though. Profits, reputation and more places for my ships to trade in.

No idea about lasertowers.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

quickzombie18

Post by quickzombie18 » Wed, 17. Feb 21, 09:52

Well on my save the void is lost. Its 2 I's, 4 k's and a swarm of P's. While the sector below argon prime and to the right of the void is no longer Antigone I've turtled up at the left gate. 5000 heavy missiles from 100 turrets waiting for them. Hope that will deal with them.
Do stations auto attack or do I order them in someway? Thanks

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 18:20

quickzombie18 wrote:
Thu, 11. Feb 21, 19:37
Hi is there a way early game I can help factions from getting steamrollerd?
Think - Its easy to hack the Warf and SY of opposing factions to halt their ship production for 5hrs :D

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 06:59

quickzombie18 wrote: The xenon seem insane and have a massive fleet patrolling the sector to the right of antigone memorial so I don't think they have long left.
BigBANGtheory wrote:
Mon, 22. Feb 21, 18:20
quickzombie18 wrote:
Think - Its easy to hack the Warf and SY of opposing factions to halt their ship production for 5hrs :D
How do you hack the Xenon Warf and SY?

quickzombie18

Post by quickzombie18 » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 09:21

BigBANGtheory wrote:
quickzombie18 wrote:
You'll have to excuse my ignorance but you can hack??! Betwen the xenon and HOP id just sit there doing both. How do you go about this? Does it hit you with a rep hit? I'm not interested in a war with the HOP but I want to buy time for antigone so they can at least try and there sectors back.
I want to actually do the paranid quest as the last two times was war with HOP stopped me and the other the paranid other faction the quest relies on was almost gone.

Tidaar
x4

Post by Tidaar » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 11:31

quickzombie18 wrote:
Tue, 23. Feb 21, 09:21
BigBANGtheory wrote:
quickzombie18 wrote:
You'll have to excuse my ignorance but you can hack??! Betwen the xenon and HOP id just sit there doing both. How do you go about this? Does it hit you with a rep hit? I'm not interested in a war with the HOP but I want to buy time for antigone so they can at least try and there sectors back.
I want to actually do the paranid quest as the last two times was war with HOP stopped me and the other the paranid other faction the quest relies on was almost gone.
Yes you can hack stations belonging to factions that allow you to dock. You need some tools crafted at the crafting bench and going to certain locations on the station I don't remember the names of those locations something like production or maintenance room. There you will find different screens you can hack and interact with. Some halt production, shields, turrets , drop cargo etc - all temporary of course. But that could make a difference especially if you hack Warfs and Shipyards.
I was hacked by a Xenon T and my ship board started showing this:
01000010 01110010 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100010 01100001 01100011 01101011 00100000 01100010 01101111 01110010 01101111 01101110 01110011
:D

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 17:17

quickzombie18 wrote:
Tue, 23. Feb 21, 09:21
BigBANGtheory wrote:
quickzombie18 wrote:
Q: How do you go about this?
A: getting to close to spoiler territory here, but you can craft or buy the means to hack stations there are plenty of YouTube tutorials on this if you want a straight forward answer

Q: Does it hit you with a rep hit?
A: No I don't believe so, its like a stealth attack

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Wed, 24. Feb 21, 17:22

Sinxar wrote:
Tue, 23. Feb 21, 06:59
quickzombie18 wrote: The xenon seem insane and have a massive fleet patrolling the sector to the right of antigone memorial so I don't think they have long left.
BigBANGtheory wrote:
quickzombie18 wrote:
How do you hack the Xenon Warf and SY?
I don't think you can anymore, but it is possible to halt their production by attacking their resources extraction points. This could be a valid strategy in update 4 where a player mines areas to the point of depletion, would need testing

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 04:36

Your game sounds like my current game. I guess if you don't go to war with Hop and maybe later Zyarth Argons get beaten down. Zyarth is invading from the top of the map and Hop from the bottom. In my game Argon Prime is surround on both sides and the Antigone Memorial area is Xenon. Pretty easy to beat them if you go to war or use other easy ways to make credits like piracy.

You can take advantage of in sector vs out of sector combat. In general if the faction you don't like attacks a station of an enemy you want to be in sector (within 90-100 km. They will take losses or get wiped out where as if you are further away or out of sector they will take no or less losses.

Missiles don't seem to work well out of sector/range (90-100km) . 600 heavy swarm missiles dropped a xenon k shield to maybe 98% out of range/sector in range half that much will destroy a xenon k easily.

you can pull agro and lead enemy groups from one sector to another to create battles/conflict. Docking at a station might break agro on your ship. Npcs seem to take a great interest in attacking the player vs other npcs so they follow you.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”