[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.8g

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 17. Feb 21, 16:20

Mayhem 3.8g released
  • 3.8g:Fleet followers were stuck when the fleet leader was giving a manual interrupt command while retreating.
  • 3.8g:Fleet leaders were not monitoring sectors they should monitor if they had no previous command.
  • 3.8g:The 'Sectors' section of the Ministry of War had a few bugs.
3.9 will come later after all.

alexalsp
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.8g

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 14:41

Greetings Joubarbe.
Can you leave the new CHANGELOG outside the spoiler and hide the old ones under the spoiler? To shorten the message. :oops:

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.9

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 18:12

Mayhem 3.9 released

You need to download the Graphics Pack v2, after the update. Take a look at the new file structure, as engine trails have been reactivated by default. You should remove addon\13.cat and addon\13.dat, which is the old no laser no engine trails (engine trails have been reactivated by default).
For previous savegames, please launch the game through the Galaxy Generator once to update fog and background files.
Last edited by Joubarbe on Tue, 23. Feb 21, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 23:18

Well, a lot to unpack with the new Hacking feature, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Spoiler
Show
The Marine-relevant perks have been removed and refunded. There is now a Hacking Station perk that can be used to permanently convert an existing research station into a Hacking Station.

The Hacking Station's menu can be accessed through the Personal Console or the station itself. In it, you can design a new virus. The options are manifold, but you seem to be able to tailor the virus to target a specific area of the ship, probably to shut down shields, engines, steal money, etc. These would replace most of the boarding operations. You also get a choice of the type of virus, but aside from the price, it's unknown what that does yet. Perhaps certain types of viruses are better for certain functions, or they are harder to take down.

I tried a test virus, but after a few minutes of SETA, the research towards the virus didn't go up. I did tell my hacking station to apply its research towards that virus.

Ships now have an equipment upgrade called "Hacker Rootkit". I installed it on a TL and put it into another faction's sector, but nothing seemed to happen yet. I also discovered you manufacture Hackerchips from the Mobile Factory Kit for 1000 microchips a pop.

It looks like you can be hacked yourself, which is what the Active Defense and global defense are for. Those weren't able to be selected when I tested this, probably because I wasn't being hacked at the time.

The Hacking Database menu and the Hacking Station menu both have references to "ports", but I was unable to figure out how to experiment with that yet. Possibly it allows you to scan ships and figure out which ones are vulnerable to hacking.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 01:25

Found a bug with terraforming! Some perks are useless and should be replaced.

Useless perks:
- Marine healing. Should be replaced with a perk related to hacking (there aren't any at the moment) or some other perk in its place.
- If in permanent war with another faction, the favor points and rep that would have gone to that faction should go somewhere else (since favor points/rep to a permanently hostile faction can't be used anyway). Alternatively, replace that perk with something else. Or what about giving the player the option to change junk perks to any perk of choice?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 13:19

How To Change Fog And Dust Particles Of Your Current Galaxy

1. Generate a galaxy with the level of fog you want, and whether or not you want space dust particles. For this example, let's assume you picked the average level, and named your galaxy 'fog_preset2'.
2. Go into the 'mayhem_galaxies\fog_preset2\addon\types' folder.
3. Copy the file 'TBackgrounds.txt' and paste it to 'mayhem_galaxies\YOUR_GALAXY\addon\types', assuming 'YOUR_GALAXY' is the name of the galaxy you want your new fog in.
4. Launch YOUR_GALAXY from the Galaxy Generator. Note that the Fog slider and the Use space particles checkbox will not be updated.

You can change fog preset values by editing the file 'mayhem_data\fog_presets.json':
  • minFog and maxFog are a percentage of the final fog amount defined randomly between these two values for each sector.
  • fadeOutStopFactor is a factor that defines the visual distance at which objects disappear when your View Distance setting is set to Medium (in-game setting). The formula is: (fadeOutStopFactor - fogAmount) * 1000, in meters.
  • fadeOutMinusFactor is the difference between the distance at which objects start to disappear and the distance at which objects are completely faded out. The higher this value is, the shorter the distance difference is (it's a division).
  • particles is a percentage of space dust particles. 80 by default.

Hairless-Ape
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.7d

Post by Hairless-Ape » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 16:41

Joubarbe wrote:
Thu, 28. Jan 21, 16:17
3.8 Missiles Overhaul
The AI has been improved to fire missiles in the most efficient way possible, and also to keep good game performance and balanced gameplay. Therefore, the AI does not use missiles when out of sector. The AI will also fire a missile only if the target has low shields, or none at all. Finally, the AI uses M8, but it doesn't use M7M. Each M8 has all CCDS built-in and can protect nearby allies.

If I read this correctly, missiles are never fired out of sector, so for ships which rely heavily or exclusively on missiles (M8's), they are essentially totally useless under all conditions if used out of sector.
What am I missing here?
Out of my mind. Back in 5 minutes.

Trokhon
x4

Post by Trokhon » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 17:15

Joubarbe wrote:
Sun, 21. Feb 21, 18:12
Mayhem 3.9 released

You need to download the Graphics Pack v2, after the update. Take a look at the new file structure, as engine trails have been reactivated by default. You should remove 13.cat/.dat, which is the old no laser no engine trails (engine trails have been reactivated by default).
For previous savegames, please launch the game through the Galaxy Generator once to update fog and background files.
Thank you for xour great and continuous work !!

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 19:57

Can't wait to get sick so I have time to play the hell out of this again! Thank you so much for keeping up the great job, Joubarbe!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 22. Feb 21, 20:07

You're very welcome! You can also thank my official sponsor: COVID-19, who makes these latest updates possible.

hephasttus
x4

Post by hephasttus » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 05:55

Was just watching an Argon M2 flying around my sector and he spontaneously combusted... Does the AI get rid of ships it doesn't need or something or was that a bug?

erone01234

Post by erone01234 » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 09:16

You should remove 13.cat/.dat,
the one in addon folder or in main folder?

hephasttus
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.9b

Post by hephasttus » Tue, 23. Feb 21, 23:06

When you put a commodity on the logistics > traders > blacklist, will the players outposts continue to trade that resource among themselves?

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 17:23

Hey big Panda,
nice, that you're still here and support us with your mod!
I just got back to x3 after some years and just wanted to say, that i hope that your mayhem 3 will bring me as much fun as your mayhem 1 did (yes, my break was a little long :D). Keep up with that good work! (Some positive reinforcement should'nt be bad :P )
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 19:31

Thanks for the kind words! Have fun with Mayhem 3, it's a little bit better than Mayhem 1 :)

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 13:41

Hey everyone,
unexpectedly, i got some questions:
  • 1. What are abnormal signals? Is it good or bad to have them?
    2. What was changed with research? Do i really need to scan every ship x times to be able to build them or can e.g. a research station do that job for me?
    3.Credits seem to be a rare ressource now. How is it possible to still gain them, when you are at war with everyone (=endgame)?
    4. Are there any tips for beginners with mayhem, e.g. what to take care of before starting your own empire, what you should looking for with sectors you want to start in, how many ships you should have,... ?
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

aurelcourt
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.10

Post by aurelcourt » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 17:24

Hi, I'm still on 3.8, do I need to do 3.10 + Graphics v2 ?
Or only 3.10 ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”