Make Xenons great again

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nemo1887
x4

Re: Make Xenons great again

Post by nemo1887 » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 10:01

earthlings are for nothing , the xenons that remained in my games were swept by paranide , the xenons are asleep weak they react no more!! , I have other backup where they are present in multiple sectors and before it was difficult to stop them ,They attack in numbers ! , the I tried they don’t move anymore!! they are weak!!

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 10:39

The problem I see is how Egosoft is gonna bring them back into the games where they are already gone. They sure can fix the combat issues but that won’t bring the xenons back to live. I just don’t see them spawning new Xenons en masse in original xenon sectors. The only solution, would be to only spawn them in xenon owned sectors, but what if there are no xenon sectors? Well the only solution would be to create new sectors that are connected to existing xenon sectors and spawn a sizable fleet and resources in it for them to get going again.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 10:56

rene6740 wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 10:39
The problem I see is how Egosoft is gonna bring them back into the games where they are already gone. They sure can fix the combat issues but that won’t bring the xenons back to live. I just don’t see them spawning new Xenons en masse in original xenon sectors. The only solution, would be to only spawn them in xenon owned sectors, but what if there are no xenon sectors? Well the only solution would be to create new sectors that are connected to existing xenon sectors and spawn a sizable fleet and resources in it for them to get going again.
There are plenty inactive gates all around galaxy - you could use them to periodically spawn Xenon invasions if all Xenon sectors are wiped out.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 11:10

The xenon didn't get weaker with the expansion. The reason they are not doing as well anymore is because of the terran intervention asgard fleets that attack them in their home sectors all across the map. If you want to fix the xenon, nerf asgards in OOS combat.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 11:21

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 11:10
The xenon didn't get weaker with the expansion. The reason they are not doing as well anymore is because of the terran intervention asgard fleets that attack them in their home sectors all across the map. If you want to fix the xenon, nerf asgards in OOS combat.
Not true - I was observing S-E Xenons, far from any Terran and they sux against even Teladi. Having long observation in OOS I think the issue is that their turrets on Ks and Is are getting destroy too fast, making them actually helpless targets that menacing invader.

slober
x4

Post by slober » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 11:23

The issue is very simple. Nobody need to nerf Asgard or something.
Developers can't find a good way how to balance Xenons and make everyone happy AND players don't know what they want :lol: . A lot of complaints about strong or weak xenons.

I hope this BugReport with some idea of xenons balancing get some attention from developers and we all will get what we want
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=437335

slowdancer3
x3tc

Post by slowdancer3 » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 11:31

I do not believe that the Xenon ships are too weak for the following reason:

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=436064&start=15#p5041888

A possible way to protect the endangered species from the consequences of game development and irreversible patching was mentioned above: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=437317&start=15#p5041890

One or more special sectors on the edge of the universe would do the trick, blocked by one-way gates (as done with Savage Spur I) and accessible (for the player) only through stable black holes as present in the game as well. There could be a resource rich Xenon reservation, a Xenon zoo (so to say) not exposed to other factions. There the devs could always adjust the desired degree of Xenon pressure on the universe. A player who really wants to get rid of any Xenon presence for good would have to bring considerable forces piece by piece through the anomalies into Xenon motherland ...

slober
x4

Post by slober » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 11:39

slowdancer3 wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 11:31
I do not believe that the Xenon ships are too weak for the following reason:

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=436064&start=15#p5041888

A possible way to protect the endangered species from the consequences of game development and irreversible patching was mentioned above: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=437317&start=15#p5041890

One or more special sectors on the edge of the universe would do the trick, blocked by one-way gates (as done with Savage Spur I) and accessible (for the player) only through stable black holes as present in the game as well. There could be a resource rich Xenon reservation, a Xenon zoo (so to say) not exposed to other factions. There the devs could always adjust the desired degree of Xenon pressure on the universe. A player who really wants to get rid of any Xenon presence for good would have to bring considerable forces piece by piece through the anomalies into Xenon motherland ...
Any solar plant with L Beam turrets next to that gate or worm hall will stop and destroy all xenons :)

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 11:50

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 11:10
If you side with Antigone in the war plot, maybe the Terrans have their hands full to "spare" Asgards to send for Interdictions?

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 12:39

It‘s been confirmed by devs (discord) that there is an inbalance in the oos calculation for Xenons.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 12:45

There is an Egosoft discord?

FatalKeks
x4

Post by FatalKeks » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 12:50

rene6740 wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 12:39
It‘s been confirmed by devs (discord) that there is an inbalance in the oos calculation for Xenons.
What exactly did they say?
mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 12:45
There is an Egosoft discord?

viewtopic.php?t=395623

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 12:57

rene6740 wrote:
The irony is that if the AI works intelligently there isn't really such an imbalance. Because all non-Xenon ships outrange Xenon ships, and they ain't exactly super fast either.
They need more numbers though.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 13:32

FatalKeks wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 12:50
rene6740 wrote:
„ But seriously, we're aware of the low attention discrepancy with them“ https://discord.com/channels/337098290 ... 1217946634

FatalKeks
x4

Post by FatalKeks » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 13:56

rene6740 wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 13:32
FatalKeks wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 12:50
rene6740 wrote:
„ But seriously, we're aware of the low attention discrepancy with them“ https://discord.com/channels/337098290 ... 1217946634
Thanks!

Hope they will do something about it in the next patch.

Spartan
x4

Post by Spartan » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 15:54

I hope next dlc or a game update will be adressed to Xenons. There are a lot of missed opportunities associated with them. At least they should be more adaptable to factions power. There must be a mechanic with which they could effectively return the sectors they lost. In my recent game they are staying resourceless from the start of new DLC. No threat, so no challenge. Xenons was a very important part of game lore, an existential threat to all races. Now they are a pale shadow of what they should be.

nemo1887
x4

Post by nemo1887 » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 16:15

I suggest adding a new xenon sector to relaunch the xénons if the xénons are stronger, if patch ?.

chasepack
x4

Post by chasepack » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 17:07

one option to keep as many folks happy is to have a Hostility Slider bar for them under Gameplay settings... possibly.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 17:12

No, it really wouldn't!
CBJ wrote:
Mon, 10. Feb 20, 13:35
I've explained on a number of occasions before why "make it optional" (or in this case "make it a slider") is not a magic solution to every problem, and can actually cause more problems than it solves. In this case it would be an absolute nightmare for balancing and testing the game, for example to make sure the settings are balanced and the range of the slider sensible. The previous poster "got the idea" that it would break the game from our posts on the subject, where we explained in some detail how things like the economy can be severely disrupted even by seemingly small changes (and a "multiplier" on Xenon strength would be anything but small).

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 17:28

In my new game thats about 4 (ingame) days in the xenon are contained much more than they used to be, and havent taken a single sector (in every other game ive done they took sectors). Company Regard is a warzone, Tharkas is absolutely swarming with capitals and they are regularly attacking hatikvahs. They are far from weak though and havent lost any sectors themselves. Something happens in the scripting about 2 game days in, right? They go from almost absent to swarming quite quickly. Ive noticed that aswel as the obvious terran nuisance constantly attacking them (with their invulnerable asgards), the rest of the factions are forming a lot more fleets than before? Either that or their fleets are surviving more, im not sure which. Its nice to see ANT slugging it out with an equal amount of capitals against HOP for once - ANT is fighting the terrans in Getsu Fune too which is really cool (considering they arnt actually at war, I think they are trying to stop terrans from contesting getsu).

Anyways.... rather than saying the xenon are weak now, ide say it looks like we've just achieved a good balance? In the end they will probably lose though so I would certainly not mind if they got some kind of buff to help them hold their sectors. This is nice though because im making a new capital for them and it might be a good time to add it, because it wont overpower them, so im quite happy with this 8)
Last edited by Axeface on Fri, 16. Apr 21, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X4: Foundations”