Online-Universe?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alun Aedicita
x2

Online-Universe?

Post by Alun Aedicita » Mon, 23. Aug 04, 22:18

:?: Where is information on the open beta on online-universe :?:
I've looked everywhere, and the link from the online-universe site always says that account name already exists :evil: apparently a coding error or something, considering Im not trying to make an account, just see the information with this one.
---------------------------------------------
You call me mad?
Is it not the race of humanity that seeks out a meaning in this endless cycle we call life?

|M|
x4

Post by |M| » Mon, 23. Aug 04, 22:20

OU is nowhere near even alpha stages yet. I don't think Egosoft've even started serious work on it.

Alun Aedicita
x2

Post by Alun Aedicita » Mon, 23. Aug 04, 22:22

but...how do you know :)
---------------------------------------------
You call me mad?
Is it not the race of humanity that seeks out a meaning in this endless cycle we call life?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 23. Aug 04, 23:24

There is no open beta for X-OU at the moment, and there is unlikely to be for some time to come because no schedule has been set for the release of the game. The developers will be working on the expansion for X² next and after that, who knows?

If you give a slightly more precise description of what you were trying to do when you got the message about the duplicate account then someone might be able to help. I suspect, however, that you were signing up for the newsletter which is the same as creating an account on this forum (asking for X-News in your forum profile will ensure you are kept informed), and hence the duplicate is your own account here.

DragonsClaw
x3tc

Post by DragonsClaw » Tue, 24. Aug 04, 00:30

I dont enjoy saying this, but someone got to say it:
As much as I like/d playing every part of the X-Series so far, I am VERY, VERY disapointed about the fact that there is ZERO activity to get the OU going. Just to remind every1: Im not talking about any "whishlist" here, but something that has been promised to this community since Xtension! Even more disapointing is the fact that egosoft didnt even take into consideration to implement a simple "Arena" or "Duel" multiplayer mode for X² neither exist any plans to do so for the addon! Wake up, egosoft! Almost every gamer on the planet has a connection to the net nowadays - u really wanna be the next dinosaurs? And if thats no point for u, then just think about all the money u loose: About 50% of my online friends to whom I recommended X² answered: "No multiplayer? Im not getting it..."

Tsumikae
x2

Post by Tsumikae » Tue, 24. Aug 04, 00:56

DragonsClaw wrote:I dont enjoy saying this, but someone got to say it:
As much as I like/d playing every part of the X-Series so far, I am VERY, VERY disapointed about the fact that there is ZERO activity to get the OU going. Just to remind every1: Im not talking about any "whishlist" here, but something that has been promised to this community since Xtension! Even more disapointing is the fact that egosoft didnt even take into consideration to implement a simple "Arena" or "Duel" multiplayer mode for X² neither exist any plans to do so for the addon! Wake up, egosoft! Almost every gamer on the planet has a connection to the net nowadays - u really wanna be the next dinosaurs? And if thats no point for u, then just think about all the money u loose: About 50% of my online friends to whom I recommended X² answered: "No multiplayer? Im not getting it..."
Not everyone play online. I'm personaly extremely glad with X2 as a single player game. I never play online, because I don't really like it, and it's too much time consuming anyway.

As a persistent universe, I have the Real-Life (c), which is an incredible game, bug-free, excellent graphics, with a quite high difficulty setting and a thrilling gameplay. Possibilities are almost infinite. The only downside is that you are constantly writing the plot yourself, which can be tricky at times, and requires most of your attention. So there :wink:
Peace means to reload a gun

dimothy10

Post by dimothy10 » Tue, 24. Aug 04, 01:12

in response to drangonclaw i would like to say that not everyone has a decent internet connection to allow decent internet gaming. i am ucky as i have a decent dsl connection (the kind of connection i am assuming would be needed to run some kind of X based online game. i would also like to say that egosoft are not "disappointing" as in my view they have delivered a very decent game in X-BTF and built on it to X2. since the release of X2 or indeed X-tension i have yet to find a games company that rivals egosoft in "after games support" (if that is indeed the correct phrase). No other games company i know has payed as much attention to its forum and implemented as many ideas as this forum has suggested. I may have my reservations about som eof the x2 designs directions but i must say that i think overall egosoft has finally delivered something to the gaming community that rivals elite 2or indeed elite (must say i asnt alive in those days but you get the idea). an online x universe to me seems along way in the future (at least till after the xpansion for x2) as there is such a strong and dedicated community behind the X2 game. have rambled on a bit but to reiterate i would say that egosoft have done a sterling job updating the game to the players standard and i wouldnt be surprised if this hasnt taken up most of their time.

cheers
tim

p.s didnt mean this to sound offensive or vindictive in anyay, just seemed to get excited bout the argument. apologies

Edit: apologies for the bad english. am actually english but my errors appear to be too numerous to correct. hope it is still readable, am a bit too tired to go back and correct all my errors,

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”